Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 597 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
kallewickans_3
Cinema2050
  • Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Sorry I didn’t read the last pages, but isn’t that top #2 thing valid only for next year? This is what I heard from a CC member. This year, it’s still the jury that chooses all the nominees. No top #2.

https://www.bafta.org/media-centre/press-releases/bafta-rules-and-timeline-for-ee-british-academy-film-awards-2022

Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

Kidman is also very well known in Europe. She’s a legend and almost everyone knows who she is. I’m leaning towards her at BAFTA too but HOG was a success in the UK and other European countries and it did better on those longlists (even got Editing). So torn.

I mean, Kidman and Cruise were the top Hollywood couple at one point. Everyone knows them.

Profile picture
    lorelei lor
    Topics:

Sorry I didn’t read the last pages, but isn’t that top #2 thing valid only for next year? This is what I heard from a CC member. This year, it’s still the jury that chooses all the nominees. No top #2.

Imagine the chaos lmao

But it’s valid starting this year

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Performance categories: the top two performances in each of the four acting categories voted for by the acting chapter in Round One will be automatically nominated, otherwise the longlisting and nominating jury process introduced for the 2021 Awards will continue. Headshots of performers will also be published on BAFTA View for the first time.

BAFTA Rules

Profile picture
    Ramona Vega
    Topics:

I just came here to say for those of you who continue to underestimate Hudson in this race, don’t. She’s far from win competitive but the stars are aligning for her to secure that fifth and final slot. Cruz was DOA when she missed SAG and the BAFTA longlist, Stewart has thankfully and deservedly tanked the past two weeks and Bradley Cooper and Ariana DeBose has received more industry support than their leads, Haim and Zegler. As for Hudson, one thing she knows how to do is campaign. And she does it well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnk3kdqHQr0

Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

Kidman and Cruise were so spectacular in this movie.

Too bad it was largely ignored by critics.

Profile picture
    Popsicle
    Topics:

How time flies, i remember rooting for Nicole when she was nommed in Moulin rouge and now Nicole is actually the oldest possible contender among the actresses being mentioned.

I think her BTR performance is deserving of a second Oscar considering the lengths she had to go through to nail the part. While she couldnt look like Lucille, she did what she could to evoke her.

Gaga in Gucci, Colman in TLD are also good. Gaga, I think has a bigger chance of beating Kidman, because it’s kind her moment.

Chastain was a bit camp, but maybe because Tammy herself was kinda camp to begin with. As an actress, she could hopefully find an Oscar vehicle soon. (I hope Amy Adams does, too)

It wouldve been nice if Penelope made it to at least a nom though. She even couldve won of Sony took her Volpi seriously.

OH YEAH

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

Anyway Kristen is most awarded actress this season and I think she still has big chances but most likely Kidman will win.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

I’m sick of Stewart’s stans. They are the most obnoxious and repugnant people on here. They reflect their anger by projecting their hatred towards others. They should realize that the SAG got it right and chose genuine performances over rubbish marketed one like her role in Spencer. Sometimes, reality hits hard on others’ feelings, but those stans shouldn’t have conveyed their negative feelings to others. The movie sucked, the performance was fabricated to lead the race while the movie was in production. That hype along with the actress calibre didn’t live the expectations. Jennifer Hudson and Penelope Cruz are more deserving of that fifth spot.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Now that I had seen the long list I’m thinking :

Top 2 : Kidman, Colman

Jury : Zegler, Thompson.

Irony is that if the jury really is there to make sure there is proper representation, Stewart should be considered for being the very VERY rare openly queer leading lady.

Anyway Kristen is most awarded actress this season and I think she still has big chances but most likely Kidman will win.

She’s definitely getting the Oscar nomination (her performance was too acclaimed for her not to get in there), but as for Kristen winning? I don’t know. The industry responded to Spencer very coldly, hence the BAFTA longlist underperformance, Stewart’s GG loss and her SAG snub. Even her being nominated at BAFTA is a big question mark at this point.

It took her, like, three or four days to say something. The apology does sound sincere, though. https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1483484949617553415

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

If I’m not mistaken William is a head of BAFTA, so I think he will protect royal family face till the end. They not gonna give it to Kristen.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

Kidman and Cruise were so spectacular in this movie. Too bad it was largely ignored by critics.

Truly an underrated masterpiece.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

BAFTA noms will not influence Oscar noms since BAFTA noms are announced February 3rd while Oscar noms voting ends on February 1st. At the least, it would only show who among the contenders have industry support and who could be win-competitive.;Also with the jury voting in place again, their categories won’t be representative of how the 6500 members feel about the contenders this season.Yes, people need to remember that unless the contender is top2, they can easily miss and that will be quite the surprise with roughly 4 presumed locks in most categories already. Mulligan/Davis/Colman/ level of surprises from last year, will probably happen this year, too.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 597 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)’ is closed to new replies.