Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 597 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
kallewickans_3
Cinema2050

People are making sure to never underestimate Olivia Colman when in fact The Lost Daughter got more panned by audience than Spencer, the latter receiving lukewarm responses at the BAFTA longlist and getting even less mentions than Tammy Faye, downplaying the general trend of BAFTA going populist this year which goes against the likes of TLD and Spencer, not to mention that she hasn’t won anything major yet and got constantly overshadowed by Stewart in terms of critics response, who jump on the bandwagon of Colman as soon as the Stewart ship tanked.

If House of Gucci make into best film at BAFTA, which judging by the Longlist has a decent shot in doing so, then LG is definitely winning the BAFTA.

I’m not super confident in Gaga winning at BAFTA should she be nominated. That’s easily going to be the hardest precursor to win because she could potentially go up against Kidman (I know she’s Australian, but still), Colman and Scanlan. The UK bias at the BAFTAs could hurt her.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

I’m not super confident in Gaga winning at BAFTA should she be nominated. That’s easily going to be the hardest precursor to win because she could potentially go up against Kidman (I know she’s Australian, but still), Colman and Scanlan. The UK bias at the BAFTAs could hurt her.

We are all hopedicting, but at least I could put forward some reasonable arguments which I care not to enumerate again to back up my claim, as for Colman, many are putting her for the win because they like her performance and she’s a respected British actress, that’s not how it works, in my book, she could even be snubbed. Of course I can be wrong but I will not be upset if LG doesn’t win in the end.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

O.K., so is left standing for Best Actress?

Most likely:

Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos

Next in line:

Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    Rachel Zegler, West Side Story

Possibilities:

Penelope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
    Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth

I haven’t seen Renate Reinsve in The Worst Person in the World but it’s late release dooms her chances.

I honestly think these are the only 9 actresses who have any chance at all of receiving an Oscar nomination. If it were up to me it would be Colman, Cruz, Gaga, Hudson, and Zegler.

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

1. Jessica Chastain- Tammy Faye
    2. Kristen Stewart- Spencer
    3. Nicole Kidman- Being The Ricardos
    4. Lady Gaga- House of Gucci
    5. Olivia Colman- The Lost Daughter.

6. Penelope Cruz- Parallel Mother’s
    Could make it in a la Marion Cotillard Two Days One Night.
    7. Alana Haim- Could make it a la Wallis in Beast of the Southern Wild.
    8. Francés McDormand- this is still a possibility a la Laura Linney in Savages.

Hudson is this year’s Amy Adams. The Sag nom that misses. And Zegler doesn’t have enough gravitas to make it in.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Speaking of Nicole Kidman, i thought she should of won her 2nd Oscar for Destroyer. She was amazing in that film, the subtleness in her acting, and the voice change from her younger to older years was astonishing. She was better than all the nominated actresses that year.

Amen. That was a great role. I think the distributor flopped the campaign but can’t say for sure.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    Victor Cruz
    Topics:

You’re on crack.

Thank you Kord.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I feel of the current top 5 no performance would be a fantastic undisputed winner, all have its pros and cons, but also none would be terrible imo I liked them all

its just fine whatever

Profile picture
    Beastialg
    Topics:

I feel of the current top 5 no performance would be a fantastic undisputed winner, all have its pros and cons, but also none would be terrible imo I liked them all

its just fine whatever

I kinda agreed, but I feel Olivia Colman’s performance will be the least criticized (Nicole, Jessica, Jennifer, Gaga, Kristen will have it rough and I can see them being remember as one of the all time worst)

2 of my best friends who are actresses are actually rooting for Colman. They loved the movie and Olivia’s performance.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I kinda agreed, but I feel Olivia Colman’s performance will be the least criticized (Nicole, Jessica, Jennifer, Gaga, Kristen will have it rough and I can see them being remember as one of the all time worst) 2 of my best friends who are actresses are actually rooting for Colman. They loved the movie and Olivia’s performance.

yeah I agree in parts,  but Olivia’s film is the one that general public least connected to

as I said all has pros and cons, but if they wanna a safe choice Olivia certainly is the one

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

What happens if they pair up Stewart and Gaga..

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

What happens if they pair up Stewart and Gaga..

The LGBTs will explode.

I want Gaga x Kirsten, Gaga x Kidman, or Gaga x Olivia. 😭

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

As trauma sets in I might have to say bye bye to Cruz for missing Sag and bafta longlist. I’m putting Gaga and Jhud for sneaking at sag and bafta longlist . I’m not putting Jessica in, Im giving her slot Jennifer instead unless i’m proven wrong. 1. Nicole 2. Olivia 3. Gaga 4. Jhudson 5. Kristen

Kallewickans predicting Gaga. I never thought a day like this would come. Wow

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I got a notification from here that Olivia Colman is now number one. How did that happen?

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Judestar
    Topics:

People are making sure to never underestimate Olivia Colman when in fact The Lost Daughter got more panned by audience than Spencer, the latter receiving lukewarm responses at the BAFTA longlist and getting even less mentions than Tammy Faye, downplaying the general trend of BAFTA going populist this year which goes against the likes of TLD and Spencer, not to mention that she hasn’t won anything major yet and got constantly overshadowed by Stewart in terms of critics response, who jump on the bandwagon of Colman as soon as the Stewart ship tanked. If House of Gucci make into best film at BAFTA, which judging by the Longlist has a decent shot in doing so, then LG is definitely winning the BAFTA.

The Lost Daughter did much better than Spencer on the BAFTA longlist, it’s getting a lot more support from the industry so Colman isn’t really in the same position as Stewart just because they both had low audience scores for their movie.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 597 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 61)’ is closed to new replies.