Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 508 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
UnionCityMood
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

that fact that Gaga is likely going 2/2, in just her second leading film, in fierce contention and standing her own two feet, for the gold again w respected seasoned acting veterans & legends (Glenn/Olivia for ASIB & now Nicole/Olivia -again nn) is just unheard of for a popstar-turned actress, something we haven’t seen since Cher

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

And there is no way that it will be an Oscar is so white. So I’m switching Halle and Tessa for Jhud. I’m still on the the fence with Jessica if Stewart misses Bafta then I will risk it all for Jessica then.

I think Zegler could also possibly take that spot.

I however think that Hudson might get in Best Original Song though :))

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Gaga a singer? A singer is… an Andra Day

Gaga is an International Pop Superstar. Bigger than Cher in her best moment. Please please don’t let me drag u bitch

Please!

I really like Gaga…and I love Cher, but at THIS point….Gaga is not on the same level of legend status/icon status as Cher…simply because she’s way younger. Cher is a true legend. And Gaga will definitely reach legend status.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

I really like Gaga…and I love Cher, but at THIS point….Gaga is not on the same level of legend status/icon status as Cher…simply because she’s way younger. Cher is true legend. And Gaga will definitely reach legend status.

Agree. When Cher starred in Mask and Moonstruck, she’s already an entertainment veteran with over 20 years of career. Plus Cher had been doing TV/Comedy stuff in the 70s so her jump to movie made so much sense. I think Gaga still had a long career ahead, especially considered she’s still kinda new as a movie star.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Totally off-topic, but I didn’t know Jessica Chastain is 44 years old. She legit looks 32 or something. Shocked.

I really like Gaga…and I love Cher, but at THIS point….Gaga is not on the same level of legend status/icon status as Cher…simply because she’s way younger. Cher is true legend. And Gaga will definitely reach legend status.

Gaga is an icon (in music, that is), though. I don’t think that can be denied.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Idk why but I think that Kristen will end up making history and winning an Oscar for BA without a SAG nom

The reason why you expect this is because you’re unable to separate your personal biases from predictions.

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Following Renée Zellweger and Frances McDormand’s wins, if Olivia Colman or Nicole Kidman win this year it will be the first time since 1967-1969 that Best Actress has gone to an actress who already had an acting Oscar. Back then it was Elizabeth Taylor in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Katharine Hepburn in Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, and Hepburn again in The Lion in Winter who tied with Barbara Streisand in Funny Girl.

I feel like I’ve misread what you’re saying. What about Meryl Streep, Jane Fonda, Sally Field, Jodie Foster, Jessica Lange, Glenda Jackson, and Hilary Swank?

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

What????? How she is not in her 30s?

Right? Absolutely mind blowing. Just 3 years younger than Olivia Colman.

Share those tips with us, mawma.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I feel like I’ve misread what you’re saying. What about Meryl Streep, Jane Fonda, Sally Field, Jodie Foster, Jessica Lange, Glenda Jackson, and Hilary Swank?

I think they’re saying it’ll be three straight years of previous winners winning.

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I think they’re saying it’ll be three straight years of previous winners winning.

Oh, okay. Got it!

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Gaga is an icon (in music, that is), though. I don’t think that can be denied.

I can see that, but she doesn’t have the LONGEVITY of Cher yet or Madonna for her to be considered a legend. Even Beyonce is above Gaga in terms of overall admiration, respect, and status…..who also has been in the game over 2 decades. (Beyonce is the closest thing this generation has to Michael Jackson as far as impact and admiration.) I DO really like and respect Gaga though, don’t get me wrong.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)’ is closed to new replies.