Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 508 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
UnionCityMood
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Frances gets in and TTOM overperforms on nomination day.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I need Passing to overperform.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Every time you think this forum couldn’t get any messier, you’d be surprised by the very next day. Also for what it’s worth Beyoncé is a bigger star than Gaga. And I think even Gaga herself knows it and joked about it in an SNl skit back then.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Frances gets in and TTOM overperforms on nomination day.

Why do you think so?

Profile picture
    Popsicle
    Topics:

Why is Beyonce even part of this thread. Dreamgirls was in 2006, and even that was owned by JHud…

Who btw, is a powerhouse talent also somewhat in the running for an Oscar. In fact, I think she might luck out and get a nod at Chastain or Stewart’s expense.

OH YEAH

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Can we please move on with this Beyonce argument? This is never gonna end because you can’t simply change how others think of Beyonce or Gaga. Plus this is a complete irrelevant topic because Beyonce is not in Oscar contention as I recall.

Also I don’t think Big Jay said anything disrespectful about Gaga so really there is no need to be so so defensive. Gaga doesn’t care if anyone think she’s better or less than Beyonce. They have complete different career paths and goals. Plus they did a song together so there really was never beef.

I feel like a complete hypocrite saying this but let’s at least try our best to be friendly (except a few you-know-who trolls! but seriously just don’t engage and move on)

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Not me thinking you were actually discussing something worth reading

crazy me

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

We need an awards show…and we need one fast.

d

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I just hope if gaga wins she doesn’t go the Cher route and stop acting completely lol

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

PGA & DGA & WGA: Jan. 27

Bafta: Feb. 3

Oscar: Feb.8

Just stay patient. After these noms are available, we will have a somewhat clear image of the race(hopefully lol, it could still be super chaotic).

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Why do you think so?

Joel Coen, Frances, Denzel, Shakespeare. It just ticks all the boxes of everything the Academy likes. I think if any film this year pulls a Phantom Thread it will be TTOM. It’s also one of the most acclaimed films in contention.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Frances McDormand as Lady MacBeth, surprise nom due to BP TTOMB nom + Denzel Washington + Shakespeare love

The Academy:

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

I just hope if gaga wins she doesn’t go the Cher route and stop acting completely lol

Idk what happened to Cher after her Moonstruck success. As I learned she sort of went back to music? The if i could turn back time song was quite a hit and a classic. I also don’t know her film works in the 90s. I wasn’t born when she released Believe so I couldn’t make many comments about her career path in the 90s. Maybe someone who experienced that decade knows better.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Frances McDormand as Lady MacBeth, surprise nom due to BP TTOMB nom + Denzel Washington + Shakespeare love

Plot twist: Frances wins best actress as a write-in contender, without a nomination. She opened the envelope and be like “The Oscar goes to…me.”

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Idk what happened to Cher after her Moonstruck success. As I learned she sort of went back to music? The if i could turn back time song was quite a hit and a classic. I also don’t know her film works in the 90s. I wasn’t born when she released Believe so I couldn’t make many comments about her career path in the 90s. Maybe someone who experienced that decade knows better.

the girl just wanted that Oscar lol, but idk was never interested in her

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)’ is closed to new replies.