Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 508 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
UnionCityMood
BigJay2012
  • Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Are they going by the One Drop Rule for this list? Kind of offensive tbh. Like, I’m sorry, but it’s absolutely bonkers to consider Vivien Leigh an Asian actress, and I say that as an actual Asian person. It’s like they are trying to give studio execs some convenient ideas. Who needs a token Asian when you can just hire a white woman with 1/64 Chinese blood?

You know that race and sexuality is always a touchy subject yup.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

They see the 300 people they follow on Twitter talking about the snub and immediately think they represent the whole industry.

What’s funnier is that none of these 300 twitter users are industry people…They’re all in the same circle echoing one another. Again I don’t think Oscar noms should be everyone’s fixed best list. Each person has their own taste and that’s great. But if your task is to predict then at least try harder. Find some stats, get some reliable industry source, do some interviews…

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that Nicole won’t physically attend SAG or Bafta. I traveled to Australia 3 years ago and the flights were so long and kinda unbearable, even at a time when there’s no pandemic. If Nicole were to fly to LA for SAG, she won’t be back home until after the Oscar.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Kaluuya was basically a streaming winner. The movie only made $7 million, and I think you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who didn’t watch it on HBO Max.

FYC: PHYSICAL (Rose Byrne) THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS (Amrit Kaur, Renee Rapp) YELLOWJACKETS (Samantha Hanratty, Christina Ricci) THE OTHER TWO (Drew Tarver, Helene Yorke) THE GREAT (Elle Fanning) BETTER THINGS (Pamela Adlon)

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

I’m starting to think that Nicole won’t physically attend SAG or Bafta. I traveled to Australia 3 years ago and the flights were so long and kinda unbearable, even at a time when there’s no pandemic. If Nicole were to fly to LA for SAG, she won’t be back home until after the Oscar.

Honey, Nicole was married to Tom Cruise and Scientology for 11 years because that’s what she needed to do. If there’s one thing about Nicole, it’s that she will do what needs to be done.

Profile picture
    The Queen
    Topics:

Like she doesn’t travel back and forth all the time. What is this post?? ☠☠🤦🏽🤦🏽

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Nicole was originally known as Mrs. Cruise, but now she has an Oscar, a BAFTA, a SAG, 2 Emmys, 6 Globes, while Cruz has only 3 Globes. They did so many films together though, she is bit angry when they ask her for Tom Cruise in interviews today. 😭

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Like she doesn’t travel back and forth all the time. What is this post??

She can travel whenever she want but there’s a global pandemic/super variant going on. It’s not relevant to the race I just hope all actors and filmmakers will be able to attend the shows safely and happily.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    The Queen
    Topics:

She can travel whenever she want but there’s a global pandemic/super variant going on. It’s not relevant to the race I just hope all actors and filmmakers will be able to attend the shows without safely and happily.

Ok, but you were talking about how flights are unbearably long… like, why would that matter when’s flown back and forth a million times? We’re also talking about end of February/beginning of March here.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

It does seem strange that Kidman and Will Smith seem to be doing the least amount of campaigning this season. Considering they’re probably the biggest movie stars in the race I always thought they would be doing the most. I understand Kidman is in Australia but she can still do zoom interviews and photo shoots from abroad.

Just my observation but the most thirsty actors in the campaign so far are Chastain, Gaga and Andrew Garfield. They literally don’t stop doing interviews, they’re everywhere ATM.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

No voter is basing his vote by campaign, if they want to vote for you, they will vote for you regardless if you campaign or not. Also, the promo is more important for newcomers because the Academy doesn’t know them: e.g Haim or Stewart. Everyone knows Kidman and her film is accessible for free, if you have Amazon prime, so that helps.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain wins Houston Film Critics Society: Best Actress

‘Power of the Dog’ named best film of 2021 by Houston film critics

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 508 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 62)’ is closed to new replies.