Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Axel
TomJerry
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    jpsps
    Topics:

In the end she will be empty handed anyway coz her “Industry support” only using her for ratings. We’ve seen it all before with ASIB 😏

How we’ve seen it before if she won a Critics Choice for her performance? Not to mention that she was nominated to the majority of the big awards while on her 1st performance, while Kristen is in this industry for years and haven’t seen a single nomination yet at the Oscar

Profile picture
    Drake Cross
    Topics:

I also hate the Nicole Kidman slander rn. People are acting like she’s Meryl Streep with 20+ nominations, when she’s not lol. Kidman only has 4 Oscar nominations and 1 win. Genuinely the only times the Academy choose to recognize her are when she’s doing Oscarbait. It’s not her fault the Academy ignores more of her Film Twitter friendly performances.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Imagine dis level of anger and delusion. Gaga stans never learn.

You are literally in this thread spreading lies about why Gaga won NYFCC. If you really want to talk about delusion, look in the mirror and start talking. From what I’ve seen, pedrohf2001 is not a Gaga stan, and they were pissed Kristen was snubbed at SAG.

I was wondering why this thread was moving so quickly and of course it’s because some random person comes in and tries it with Gaga. Gaga haters never learn.

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

How we’ve seen it before if she won a Critics Choice for her performance? Not to mention that she was nominated to the majority of the big awards while on her 1st performance, while Kristen is in this industry for years and haven’t seen a single nomination yet at the Oscar

CC is a joke especially after dat tie so stop delulu. ASIB despite many nominations didn’t win a single $hit except duet song. Try one more time.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

(considering she was shut out from SAGs which has 160,000 voting members, iirc)

What? I thought it was said before that only a small fraction of the 160,000 members vote for the nominees and that only a few of the nominating committee are actual Academy members….I could very well be wrong but I know someone said that before.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

What? I thought it was said before that only a small fraction of the 160,000 members vote for the nominees and that only a few of the nominating committee are actual Academy members….I could very well be wrong but I know someone said that before.

Yeah. It’s 2500 if I’m not mistaken. Or 3500.4500 tops I think. I don’t remember

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

God I can’t with these annoying fucks with Kidman pic.

omg I don’t want Nicole to win for this. I’d actually be upset if one of the best actresses ever won her 2nd oscar for such a mediocre performance. Kristen is by far my favourite performance in this category, and my 2nd favourite of the year.

However, in a PREDICTIONS THREAD, I will make predictions. This includes pointing out the dozens of very obvious weaknesses Kristen has.

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

Well MC already gives 3pts for a win. 2 for runner-ups and 1 for nom. If a regional announces wins only and keeps nominations private, 3pts are added to the winner. But i’d be unfair to also make it count a nomination, because the other contenders that made the top list are put at a disadvantage and not given their points only because such information was kept private.

In cases where only the winner is revealed, we know for certain that winner would have been nominated in a top 5 slate, whereas we wouldn’t know for sure if any other particular actor would have been nominated.

If anything that’s an argument for counting the # of winners and runner ups to the # of nominations (you would just assign 1 point and not 2 or 3 points).

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

When Penélope Cruz wins and breaks many statics in this category…

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

Gaga actually won a NBR for it but doesn’t matter right? We all get it that you are probably another troll

The only trolls here are Gaga stans dat coming 24/7 after Kristen and Nicole, coz they poisoned with delulu and think she’s above everyone in dis race, stop lying to yourself go outside and see Jesus.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I think they are genuine supporters of Stewart and her effort to make it into the Oscars, but the divisive reception to Spencer shouldn’t be underestimated, cause you know it is not a visability issue. Enough people from SAG saw Spencer (I am sure all 2.500 members of nominating comittee  did), but you know what’s the problem, they just didn’t like it, it is simple. These are actors.  Film Twitter likes Stewart in Spencer and she had an amazing career, but this forced front-runner narrative is not connecting where it should have connected. It has stayed in the sphere of critics for now. People are angry at Kidman, but Kidman didn’t imitate Lucille Ball, she did original acting:

Maybe Stewart is nominated for BAFTA, maybe not, but point is if you are not THEE Meryl Streep in Iron Lady or maybe Colman(remains to be seen), you can’t overcome a divided audience.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

If anything that’s an argument for counting the # of winner / runner ups to the # of nominations (you would just assign 1 point and not 2 or 3 points).

Yeah but what I was saying is that MC gives 3 pts for wins (even when nominees are not announced), and that’s already very generous considering the actual nominees don’t get the 1 pt they usually get.

But anyway, let’s just say that among the regionals that announce their nominees, Stewart appeared 19 times, Colman 18 times, Gaga 16 times. Obviously in terms of wins, Stewart is unmatched. Colman and Gaga have only 4 and 2 respectively.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

When Penélope Cruz wins and breaks many statics in this category…

First woman in history to win without a GG, CC, SAG, BAFTA nom 😭. Throw all these stats out of the window.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

First woman in history to win without a GG, CC, SAG, BAFTA nom

Marcia Gay Harden says “Welcome to the Club”.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)’ is closed to new replies.