Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Axel
TomJerry
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

Especially if Patrizia kills her on the spot.

It would be funnier still if Gaga did the whole interview with Patrizia in character, then at the end shot her on the spot, dropped the accent and announced this was the last thing she needed to do as “Patrizia” before finally moving on.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

The Last Flop was an excellent Ridley feature and Comer deserved… the movie was better than Gucci. I blame the failure on the poor marketing and promotion.

The Last Duel is definitely the better Ridley Scott movie. I saw both his movies last year and it’s shocking to me how they were both directed by the same person.

TLD had the better script, and also had better editing. They both have around the same runtime, but I was engaged while watching TLD and was never bored. Halfway through HoG, I was counting down the minutes until the credits rolled.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I still love Gaga and all but HoG is growing off of me more and more. She did a good job, but she couldn’t overcome the writing. Clunky dialogue doesn’t become camp just because it’s said with a vampy Italian accent.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Olsen
    Topics:

HoG directed by Martin Scorsese would be a better choice.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Omg Regina King’s son died😭 so sad.

Profile picture
    blueno_red
    Topics:

Regina King son died of suicide. If there’s any decency left on this BA topic, keep her and the family in thoughts as she’s steps away from the spotlight to grieve, and mourn the passing of her only child.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

How awful. Sending love and light to Regina and her loved ones. It was always an immense delight to see him sitting next to Regina at various awards shows and I imagine he was a light to so many people. What an insurmountable loss.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

I still love Gaga and all but HoG is growing off of me more and more. She did a good job, but she couldn’t overcome the writing. Clunky dialogue doesn’t become camp just because it’s said with a vampy Italian accent.

Some people blame Ridley for the way the film turned out, but they should really blame Roberto Bentivegna, the film’s screenwriter. The writing was atrocious and just tonally all over the place.

Profile picture
    a spoonful of sugar
    Topics:

Regina King son died of suicide. If there’s any decency left on this BA topic, keep her and the family in thoughts as she’s steps away from the spotlight to grieve, and mourn the passing of her only child.

This kind of loss is tragic no matter the circumstances, but it’s particularly gutting that he was her only child. I hope she has a really good support system around her right now, no one should deal with that grief alone.

Profile picture
    Foolio
    Topics:

According to Scott Feinberg lol. Around this time last year he had Sophia Loren on his top 5. A few weeks ago he had Rachel Zegler as his front runner. He did, however, get last year’s nomination 5/5 via his late December prediction.

Feinberg is a mixed bag. Sometimes he foretells things that end up happening before anyone else. I believe he’s pretty well networked with certain voter segments. On one hand those connections provide him with an insider’s eye on where the race is heading but on the other hand they can dim his judgment and prevent him from seeing the forest from the trees (there’s just no other explanation for some of his more bizarre predictions, such as keeping Jude Hill in his Best Actor final five for months).

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Finally got to see Parallel Mothers, and the fact that Penelope Cruz didn’t even make the BAFTA longlist is tragic. Undoubtedly one of the best performances of the year.

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

“What’s wrong. Believe me. Believing Stewart still has a chance somehow is way more entertaining than the mediocrity this shit is turning out”

LOL.Clown. Her whole campaign was designed by Film Twitter from the start.

Profile picture
    The Way of The Wind
    Topics:

Rooting for a circus this award season:

Globes – Kidman
    SAG – Chastain
    BAFTA – Colman
    Oscar – Stewart

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I expect Chastain and Stewart to both miss the Oscar lineup. There are just too many biopics already and there isn’t room for a divisive one like Spencer or a total bomb like TEOTF.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)’ is closed to new replies.