Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Axel
TomJerry
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Losing a child is one of the worst thing that could’ve happened to a parents, let alone a single mother darling…

I wish King Regina gets all the love, and everything good in this world. No one should’ve experienced this horrible tragedy.

RIP.

For Your Consideration Darling

Lead Actress

Michelle 'Crazy Talented' Yeoh
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Tang Wei
    DECISION TO LEAVE

Nicole Kidman
    THE NORTHMAN

Supporting Actor & Actress

Ke Huy Quan
    Stephanie Hsu
    Jamie Lee Curtis
    EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE

Profile picture
    krisden25
    Topics:

If you trying to mocking me then quit it. I personally never said she’s gonna win at Oscars but considering nomination she should be on lock at this point coz she deserve it for her performance. Also it’s gonna be really weird and homophobic if they snub openly lesbian woman after all this critics praise and awards. If she somehow will win LFCC or BAFTA then no one is safe. If Nicole will snatch BAFTA then this race is over for everyone. Simple as it is 😏

Are people really forgot the whole twilight era? she is bi)))

Profile picture
    krisden25
    Topics:

I think we should have doubted Kristen Stewart’s frontrunner status from the very beginning. Critics adore her (remember 7 years ago when she won 2 out of 3 trifecta and…nothing else). Divisive films are so cool for an actor, a complex, unusual and interesting role. But be ready that you won’t get any recognition for this role. It’s soooo weird, people should vote for the performance, not for the film in general (Hi to Tessa and Penelope)

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Some of the media and fans of other popstars thought they destroyed Lady Gaga in 2013 so the rage towards her is because of that. “How dare she become an award winning movie star.” They haven’t gotten over that they didn’t destroy her.

Anyway, I still have Nicole Kidman in first place in my predictions and I’m sticking to that for now. I’d believe the Kristen Stewart can come back and win narrative if people didn’t hate her movie so much. I’m not saying it is not possible but people hating her movie really doesn’t help her.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I think we should have doubted Kristen Stewart’s frontrunner status from the very beginning. Critics adore her (remember 7 years ago when she won 2 out of 3 trifecta and…nothing else). Divisive films are so cool for an actor, a complex, unusual and interesting role. But be ready that you won’t get any recognition for this role. It’s soooo weird, people should vote for the performance, not for the film in general (Hi to Tessa and Penelope)

She won more than just those two trifectas. She won some regionals too. Clouds of Sils Maria was a small english speaking french movie and IFC didn’t bother to do an Oscar campaign for the movie.

Profile picture
    paraglide
    Topics:

Also it’s gonna be really weird and homophobic if they snub openly lesbian woman after all this critics praise and awards.

Oh boy…

Anyway, my condolence to Regina King, hope she finds the peace, I can’t imagine losing your loved ones.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

I’d believe the Kristen Stewart can come back and win narrative if people didn’t hate her movie so much.

With her regional sweep, she could be very competitive as long as she has one of those:

• Golden Globe
    • a Trifecta or NBR win
    • a Volpi
    • Decent Box office
    • mid-tier BP nomination
    • SAG nom

She did hit a few other important precursors such as AACTA, LFCC, Online Critics. But I doubt they are equivalent to the ones she missed. Neon is now campaigning hard and that may help.

Profile picture
    krisden25
    Topics:

She won more than just those two trifectas. She won some regionals too. Clouds of Sils Maria was a small english speaking french movie and IFC didn’t bother to do an Oscar campaign for the movie.

I meant that she didn’t win any industry awards, and I don’t think that if the clouds of Sils Maria had a campaign, it somehow increased her chances, but I don’t remember who was in the supporting actress that year, so maybe it would. Anyway, she’s still the first and only actress to win a Cesar for this role and it’s awesome. After all, the movie was mostly french

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I just looked it up and the last Best Actress winner from an MGM film was Cher. ☠️
    The stars are so aligning for Lady Gaga.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

I still think this is between Gaga and Nicole, they both are the only ones with actually a important award that previous winners would win with (trifecta and a Globe) and hiting everywhere they need to.

Almost everybody feels secured about Olivia since most believe that she got London and Bafta on her bag and this is still something to happen, she can loose one and miss the other even if it seens impossible, and even if she takes both the situation still wouldn’t be so sure for her, also Gaga and Nicole got AACTA unlike her. And she still got a divise film.

Jessica at this point feels like a filler nom, of course she can change that in the future but really thats what she feels at this moment with nothing out of expectations happening to her.

Kristen is no need to talk. Even if she can still manage to win it would mean for her to break almost every old rule of the race.

I do feel like The Lost Daughter is more liked in the industry than Spencer, though. It’s gotten love in multiple categories. That puts Colman is a much better position than Stewart.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

Some people blame Ridley for the way the film turned out, but they should really blame Roberto Bentivegna, the film’s screenwriter. The writing was atrocious and just tonally all over the place.

Hmm no. The writing was actually okay – would’ve been an easy 70+ movie if they actually sticked to the script. It was Ridley and the editors who completely destroyed the flow by taking out a bunch of scenes that would’ve provided a lot more buildup and context.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

I just looked it up and the last Best Actress winner from an MGM film was Cher. ☠️ The stars are so aligning for Lady Gaga.

And the Grammys are at the Park MGM this year, which is where Gaga’s residency is. When she becomes the first person to win Album of the Year and Best Actress in the same year. Wow. 😌

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)’ is closed to new replies.