Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Axel
TomJerry
The Northman
  • Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Kristen will appear on Stephen Colbert’s show on January 24. She’ll also appear on Kelly and Ryan’s show on the same day. Neon isn’t giving up.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

She’s really campaigning hard now, which is why she feels safer and safer for a nomination at least. None of the other girls is compaigning as hard, targeting specific voters.

Yup visibility helps but im still scratching my head why did she miss Sag ,I forgot how many screenings she did specifically.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Yup visibility helps but im still scratching my head why did she miss Sag ,I forgot how many screenings she did specifically.

She did a *lot* of Q&A’s for the film, especially for SAG voters. Maybe it’s because of how some people still view her? I saw a tweet from a SAG voter who said he spoke to other voters about their opinion of her and he said their opinions ranged from indifference to full-on hatred.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

This is going to be long, sorry in advance, just have many thoughts.
    I went back to rewatch BTR to see if I missed anything. I still think it’s not a good movie, but Kidman did in fact bring it. It’s weird that seems to be the common thing with the girls this year up for BA: Chastain, Colman, Kidman, and Stewart. All films I didn’t like, but appreciated their performance. I think after a second viewing, I can understand that this wasn’t supposed to be a straight forward biopic and that this was merely one profound week in the lives of Desi and Lucille. I think the first time around I was expecting this lively performance from Kidman playing Lucille and was hoping for a fun experience. That’s not what this is and I get it now. This was a film about a very specific time in her life. What’s remarkable about Nicole Kidman’s performance is how UNCANNY she sounds like Lucille. You can close your eyes and barely tell the difference between her and the real Lucille. She definitely nailed the voice, the mannerisms, and gave a very no nonsense take no prisoners type of performance. I can get behind her winning for this. So many times we are quick to dismiss an actress performance because we disliked the film. I’m guilty of it myself. Anyways, Chastain, Kidman, Stewart, or BUST. I can’t get behind Colman this time, not only because it wasn’t a good movie, but I really didn’t think anything special about her performance. The material she had to work with was so low bar, so it’s not like you can even appreciate her with the “well she elevated the movie” claims. I don’t think she will miss, but she really should this year. This was nothing special like we are used to from her. Subtle performances get in all the time, but on a year where most of these contenders were anything BUT subtle, I think she should be sitting this one out.

Her performance is definitely “rewatchable” I definitely agree on that one. The film itself isn’t the best by any means but it definitely is rewatchable.

Profile picture
    jsteph
    Topics:

Is Gaga bisexual??

Lady Gaga proclaims to be but there has not been any real evidence that she is – at least not in public.  According to certain experts, technically everybody is bisexual – – perhaps that is what she means.  She clearly leans toward being heterosexual.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I went back to rewatch BTR to see if I missed anything. I still think it’s not a good movie, but Kidman did in fact bring it. It’s weird that seems to be the common thing with the girls this year up for BA: Chastain, Colman, Kidman, and Stewart. All films I didn’t like, but appreciated their performance. I think after a second viewing, I can understand that this wasn’t supposed to be a straight forward biopic and that this was merely one profound week in the lives of Desi and Lucille. I think the first time around I was expecting this lively performance from Kidman playing Lucille and was hoping for a fun experience. That’s not what this is and I get it now. This was a film about a very specific time in her life. What’s remarkable about Nicole Kidman’s performance is how UNCANNY she sounds like Lucille. You can close your eyes and barely tell the difference between her and the real Lucille. She definitely nailed the voice, the mannerisms, and gave a very no nonsense take no prisoners type of performance. I can get behind her winning for this. So many times we are quick to dismiss an actress performance because we disliked the film. I’m guilty of it myself. Anyways, Chastain, Kidman, Stewart, or BUST. I can’t get behind Colman this time, not only because it wasn’t a good movie, but I really didn’t think anything special about her performance. The material she had to work with was so low bar, so it’s not like you can even appreciate her with the “well she elevated the movie” claims. I don’t think she will miss, but she really should this year. This was nothing special like we are used to from her. Subtle performances get in all the time, but on a year where most of these contenders were anything BUT subtle, I think she should be sitting this one out.

Do you have any specific actresses that you were rooting for that didn’t get the visibility this year? Example Comer ,Bullock ,Berry or Plimpton.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 63)’ is closed to new replies.