Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
M
Axel
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

If Chastain misses I really can’t see Hudson getting her place, I would bet Zegler

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

I personally don’t want Gaga doing the interviews with the mystery guest (I assume it’s Meryl Streep), because she’s not very good at it. If it goes south, it could seriously blow off her chance. I get that she was trying to prove to people she worked hard, but the way she talks about it non-stop (first she doesn’t want to meet Patricia, don’t want to read the book, then said she wrote an 80-page biography, now saying she went through hell playing the character) really rubs people up in the wrong way. I seriously felt really embarrassed for her on that roundtable clip, these things were really self-centered and even the actresses with her were baffled. Wish her well on the actor on actor talk show, but I can sense that there is something wrong with her campaign, hope that I’m wrong because she gave a performance deserving of awards, just try to be humble and genuine girl

This is one of the weirdest things I’ve seen in this forum lol…She is Lady Gaga and there will always be people getting irritated by her presence. She doesn’t need to bow down her knees to please every person, especially those film twitter users.

Plus the Oscar will be a total freak show if they suddenly decided to downplay Gaga because she “claimed to write a 80-page biography”. If she doesn’t win it’s because the voters prefer the performance of another contender, not some childish nonsense they saw on twitter.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:
    Babylonian
    Topics:

How can Hudson be “so in” and Chastain “so missing”? That doesn’t make sense when you consider that Chastain has Globe, CC and SAG behind her. Yes, Hudson has the AACTA nomination but she does not have Globe and CC like Chastain. Also, we should probably wait until BAFTA nominations before we declare Stewart out of the race.

We mostly all agree Gaga, Colman and Kidman are locks. That leaves only two more spots. Are Chastain and Stewart really going to take the last two? Something tells me we won’t get an all white lineup or a 4/5 biopic lineup. Hudson is probably getting in over one of those two. Chastain missing AACTA is bad. Unless Chastain makes BAFTA top two I think she misses.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Yes, they made this movie so they could lose millions 🤣

To be fair they definitely expected the low box office for this kind of movie, but for sure their main concern right now is the money they spent for Stewart’s massive campaign with all the events and media outlet hyping her for months (and still doing that) with the current risk of her ending up even snubbed, that would definitely be the bigger loss for them since this project was clearly aimed to get prestige awards recognition in first.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

We mostly all agree Gaga, Colman and Kidman are locks. That leaves only two more spots. Are Chastain and Stewart really going to take the last two? Something tells me we won’t get an all white lineup or a 4/5 biopic lineup. Hudson is probably getting in over one of those two. Chastain missing AACTA is bad. Unless Chastain makes BAFTA top two I think she misses.

Ok…but if Chastain and Stewart both miss and Hudson gets in, who takes the final spot? I have a feeling you’ll say Zegler, but if we’re to do a comparison right now, she does not have an AACTA nomination like Stewart, CC nomination like Stewart and Chastain or even a SAG nomination like Chastain (and she even has a slight chance of winning SAG based on what Joe said before). Zegler does have the Globe, but that’s all. She would have to hope that her movie plays strong enough with the Academy to land her a nomination. Unless the BAFTA jury goes for her, she’s likely to miss BAFTA as well whereas Stewart could land a nomination.

Also, one thing to note is that we literally had an all white line up in 2018…

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Zegler does have the Globe, but that’s all.

She also has NBR and a movie infinitely stronger than Chastains and Stewarts.

I also personally believe she’s a likelier jury pick than either of them as well.

Johnny Depp is a wifebeater.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Zegler gives me Kidman in Moulin Rouge Best Actress nom, riding the Best Picture momentum. Just like Zegler, Kidman missed SAG nom. Also, don’t rule out a bafta nom even with jury for Zegler. Then maybe Zwgler will win the Oscar for Snowhite, if it is Musical live action, she is captivating on screen.

Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

Come to think of it, Rachel Zegler (if nominated) might be the only nominee from a Best Picture contender.

Nicole Kidman, Olivia Colman and Lady Gaga’s films are all in the mix and could be nominated, but aren’t likely.

Jessica Chastain, Kristen Stewart and Jennifer Hudson’s films will 100% NOT be nominated for Best Picture.

The only other BP contender that could sneak in is Alana Haim.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Well, as I said Zegler could get in on the strength of her film, which is a major Best Picture contender. I did forgot she won NBR..my bad.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I can see Hudson getting in instead of Chastain for the fourth slot and somebody between Cruz-Zegler for the fifth with Cruz ending up being the unexpected spoiler.

There is a recent precedent for Cruz situation by the way, Charlotte Rampling has been nominated with missing Globe, Sag and Bafta and she won like Cruz the same 2 Trifecta and a festival, in her case it was the Berlin one.

Zegler has the NBR, Globe wins and best picture nominee, so she might still have a chance to get in, also instead of Hudson.

When it comes to Cruz I just have the sensation she will be the surprise nod in the same way of Rampling.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Olivia Colman wins Online Film Critics Society, the biggest critics group, currently having 300 members from all over the world.

BEST ACTRESS:
    · Olivia Colman – “The Lost Daughter” – WINNER!
    · Alana Haim – “Licorice Pizza”
    · Renate Reinsve – “The Worst Person in the World”
    · Agathe Rousselle – “Titane”
    · Kristen Stewart – “Spencer”

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Olivia Colman wins Online Film Critics Society, the biggest critics group, currently having 300 members from all over the world. BEST ACTRESS: · Olivia Colman – “The Lost Daughter” – WINNER! · Alana Haim – “Licorice Pizza” · Renate Reinsve – “The Worst Person in the World” · Agathe Rousselle – “Titane” · Kristen Stewart – “Spencer”

Very interesting.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

The last Best Actress winner to also win Online Film Critics Circle was Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine. Just goes to show how much she swept that season.

Frances won last year too, but I think they go for critics favourite each season like Lupita.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Frances won last year too, but I think they go for critics favourite each season like Lupita.

Yeah I saw Toni Collette won for Hereditary the year before.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)’ is closed to new replies.