Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
M
Axel
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Just came back from the theater watching Nightmare Alley darling… maybe I’m too late, but how on earth Mara in that was considered a lead?

She is a lead in my opinion. She is the romantic lead, and is in both halves of the film.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It bugs me that there is no “super early” thread for the 2023 Oscars because the career best raves Emma Thompson has received at Sundance really makes me more excited by next year’s race than this one.

We stan a return to the Oscars for Dame Emma Thompson.

Profile picture
    Matthew Barry
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman is just a fantastic person.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Your life must be pretty sad and boring to hate on Queen Colman darling. She’s been underrated for so long and never delivers a bad performance, and also, what a character Colman is… funny, witty, and talented.

Fuck off darling.

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

Just came back from the theater watching Nightmare Alley darling… maybe I’m too late, but how on earth Mara in that was considered a lead?

It’s her job to crawl out of Blanchett’s way. She’ll forever be paying for the humiliation she inflicted upon El Diablo at Cannes.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain wins Music City Film Critics, 30 people critics group from Nashville

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

Imagine telling someone in 2011 that Lady Gaga and Bella Swan were Oscar contenders.

Honestly 2008. November 2008 was when Twilight was released and Just Dance was finally starting to blow up in the US.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

They are not going to give it to the movie with the lowest audience score recorded during this millennium, are they? It’s like they are deliberately trying to bomb and fade into irrelevance. Olivia Colman is a joke.

Hating an actress like Olivia Colman is so strange. Personally I still haven’t finished The Lost Daughter so I’m not sitting around here pretending that I have some super adoration for it. The fact that I stopped watching it weeks ago and haven’t finished it shows you that but Colman herself is a good actress. Not saying she deserves the win but she’s a good actress and seems to not be awful so I don’t get the hate.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Honestly 2008. November 2008 was when Twilight was released and Just Dance was finally starting to blow up in the US.

In 2008, Chastain hadn’t had her breakthrough year and Colman was still mainly in British TV. Only Kidman (and to certain degree Hudson) is plausible to their ears.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Imagine how healthy and tolerable this thread would be if we just started ignoring the trolls instead.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

I know these critic wins don’t really matter now, but I have a question…is Chastain still behind Haim in total wins?

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

There’s no need to play down Jennifer Hudson. Its not easy to sing Aretha Franklin. She didn’t just “grab a mic”. I’m not saying she should win the Oscar, but give her credit for being able to sing the songs of the person she was playing, pretty convincingly. Most actors can’t do what she did.  

I think one reason Hudson hasn’t received the credit she probably deserves for her singing in “Respect” is that many people recently saw Cynthia Erivo sing as well, if not better  than Hudson did, and in my view Erivo acted the role far more impressively. I’ve had a hard time thinking of Hudson as a serious BA contender because I think Erivo was so memorable in portraying Aretha that Hudson suffers in comparison.

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

I know these critic wins don’t really matter now, but I have a question…is Chastain still behind Haim in total wins?

I believe she is but it doesn’t matter anymore.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

From NBP

Kristen Stewart (22) – AFCC, BOFCA, CFCA, DFCS, DFWFCA, GWNYFCA, HFCS, IFCS, IFJA, NDFS, NFCS, NTFCA, OAFFC, PCA, PCC, PFCC, PFCS, SEFCA, SFCS, StLFCA, WAFCA, WFCC
    Alana Haim (6) – AFCC, BSFC, COFCA, GFCA, FFCC, OFCC
    Jessica Chastain (5) – DFCS, HFCS, LVFCS, MCFCA, NCFCA
    Olivia Colman (5) – GOTHAM, KCFCC, OFCS, SFBAFCC, TFCA
    Penelope Cruz (4) – LAFCA, NSFC, SDFCS, VENICE
    Tessa Thompson (3) – BFCC, CIC, NYFCO
    Lady Gaga (2) – IFCA, NYFCC
    Renate Reinsve (2) – CACF, CANNES
    Rachel Zegler (2) – GG, NBR
    Caitriona Balfe – SDFCS
    Jasna Duricic – EFA
    Jennifer Hudson – AAFCA
    Emilia Jones – UFCA
    Nicole Kidman – GG
    Agathe Rousselle – AFCA
    Joanna Scanlan – BIFA

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)’ is closed to new replies.