Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
M
Axel
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Someone said that this year proves why the trifecta are the trifecta and I have to agree after seeing the utter clownery from these regional voting bodies.

Trifecta winners overlap with Oscar winners quite often. But it’s also true that they have their own systems and they don’t award a film because they want to predict the Oscar. The funny thing is that the Trifectas do have some sort of influence over the Oscar (making headlines, hyping up a film) while the regionals/twitter awards don’t.

11th AACTA International Awards. The winners will be announced on 26 January 2022.

AACTAs are tomorrow?? 👀

Best Actress
    Penélope Cruz – Parallel Mothers as Janis Martinez
    Lady Gaga – House of Gucci as Patrizia Reggiani
    Jennifer Hudson – Respect as Aretha Franklin
    Nicole Kidman – Being the Ricardos as Lucille Ball
    Kristen Stewart – Spencer as Diana, Princess of Wales

Nicole is gonna win here quite easily.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

I don’t even think these circles are doing that because Kristen is losing they are doing cause now they watched Olivia’s movie I doubt they get screeners

If that’s the case the circles need to stop

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

It is kind of weird that some of these critics’ awards circles are trying to predict the Oscars, but still aren’t voting for the frontrunner in Kidman.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

It is kind of weird that some of these critics’ awards circles are trying to predict the Oscars, but still aren’t voting for the frontrunner in Kidman.

I think they don’t view her as the frontrunner. I mean Colman is #1 in the odds here. But I agree, it’s kinda weird that even with KS’ collapse, Kidman is still not winning a single regional.

Like every other contender managed to win a few, I think even Renate won one lol?

And I sort of can see why, for me until Kidman gets a BAFTA nomination, it’s hard to consider her a frontrunner especially if Colman makes it there.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

I think they don’t view her as the frontrunner. I mean Colman is #1 in the odds here. But I agree, it’s kinda weird that even with KS’ collapse, Kidman is still not winning a single regional. Like every other contender managed to win a few, I think even Renate won one lol? And I sort of can see why, for me until Kidman gets a BAFTA nomination, it’s hard to consider her a frontrunner especially if Colman makes it there.

It’s interesting because it’s happening with both Kidman and Smith on the Actor side. She needs the SAG and the BAFTA nom to really stay ahead.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I mean Colmans movie has a 95% RT critics score and a 86 Metacritic Score, that correct me if I am wrong are the best critics stats of the Oscar contenders. Most of the critics reviews came during New Year’s Eve as her film premiered on Netflix. She is gaining momentum in a sense, especially if she wins LFCC and is nominated for BAFTA.

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

Nicole already won GG and it’s more valuable than C awards but I agree that they ditching her completely.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

It’s interesting because it’s happening with both Kidman and Smith on the Actor side. She needs the SAG and the BAFTA nom to really stay ahead.

I think Kidman and Smith are moviestars. And critics are probably not going to support a big industry names unless the performance is compelling (The Iron Lady, Nomadland etc). They usually go for what they see as underrated underdogs/revelations. Prior to her win in 2018, Colman for example had 0 Oscar nominations. So kinda makes sense how they skewed heavily in her favor with 20 wins in 2018.

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

I mean Colmans movie has a 95% RT critics score and a 86 Metacritic Score, that correct me if I am wrong are the best critics stats of the Oscar contenders. Most of the critics reviews came during New Year’s Eve as her film premiered on Netflix. She is gaining momentum in a sense, especially if she wins LFCC and is nominated for BAFTA.

..and it basically the worst movie out of all BA contenders… also viewers just simply hate it on RT and Meta 🤣

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    annveal
    Topics:

Does anyone know if AACTA didn’t get screeners for TLD or something like that? It’s weird that Olivia missed there, given she won supporting the year before….I’m beginning to think her strength might be overestimated. AACTA has always nominated and/or awarded the eventual winner going back to Meryl.

Profile picture
    ravenprince22
    Topics:

So true. McDormand role also resonates with the contemporary state of people’s lives (under pandemic). Being lonely, purposeless, economically unstable, jobless, depressed, yet remain strong and keep going on. The biggest rob will be if McDormand didn’t win for this role under the circumstances of 2021.

It’s supposed to be about who gave the best performance.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Andra Day was the one that got robbed. Period!!

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Are Renate Reinsve’s chances so low? I got a certa in feeling she might come up with a nod, especially if the movie gets something in the international field.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Are Renate Reinsve’s chances so low? I got a certa in feeling she might come up with a nod, especially if the movie gets something in the international field.

Over who? Stewart? Chastain? Colman? Gaga? Kidman? Zegler?

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)’ is closed to new replies.