Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
M
Axel
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Andra Day was the one that got robbed. Period!!

Lol no

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

An Oscar winner in Lead in her very first Oscar nomination. Only 8 women in the 21st century can claim that recognition, and one of them is The talented Olivia.

Who we’re the other 8?

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

They’re clearly try to find an alternative to predict the Oscar winner and this sudden switch proves how these small awards are truly pointless.

Truly funny some you clowns calling critics awards pointless in the few years they get it wrong.

Because they usually get it right. In almost every categorie. Just look at BP. It’s TPOTD sweep all around. Just like the critics were saying

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Those who talk shits about Olivia Colman are probably being petty their faves lost the golden dildo to Colman

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Who we’re the other 8?

You just made me go to wiki again girl lol. Women who got their Oscar in Lead first overall nom:

Queen Halle Berry

Extraordinaire Charlize Theron

Reese Whitherspoon

Icon Marion Cotillard

Sandra Bullock

Brie Larson

and of course, Olivia Colman

Sorry, they are 7 👀

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

You just made me go to wiki again girl lol. Women who got their Oscar in Lead first overall nom: Queen Halle Berry Extraordinaire Charlize Theron Reese Whitherspoon Icon Marion Cotillard Sandra Bullock Brie Larson and of course, Olivia Colman Sorry, they are 7 👀

This made me cackle the way only some of these girls got the epithets and the rest get paid dust (but also in total agreement on Halle, Charlize, and Marion, truly some of the best performances in history).

Tomorrow is Gaga’s interview and cover with the misterious stranger, can’t wait

And Bafta nomimation each day more close, finally

They need to announce Leo and just get it over with already. For real.

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

You just made me go to wiki again girl lol. Women who got their Oscar in Lead first overall nom:

Queen Halle Berry

Extraordinaire Charlize Theron

Reese Whitherspoon

Icon Marion Cotillard

Sandra Bullock

Brie Larson

and of course, Olivia Colman

Sorry, they are 7 👀

I think Emily Blunt could join this list.

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

It could really be due to either reason. I know it’s easy to jump on critics for wanting to influence the Oscar race, and that might be it or at least part of it. However, I think people are forgetting that The Lost Daughter just came out on Netflix less than a month ago. I don’t know how many of these regional critics would have had access to showings or screeners of this film prior to that Netflix release. Its theatrical release was extremely tiny. I believe that part of the reason that this switch happened in January is because more critics actually got to see Olivia’s performance.

Then how in hell they nominated her performance in a first place if they didn’t attend movie screening.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

Then how in hell they nominated her performance in a first place if they didn’t attend movie screening.

Ask some of the critics (and SAG members) that voted for DeBose without seeing WSS

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Truly funny some you clowns calling critics awards pointless in the few years they get it wrong. Because they usually get it right. In almost every categorie. Just look at BP. It’s TPOTD sweep all around. Just like the critics were saying

I don’t fucking care if they got right other categories, this year they were pointless in the best actress one, topic of this thread and their sudden switch to Colman just because Stewart miss the SAG is blatant, you moron.

Profile picture
    Hawk
    Topics:

Not another new account created today posting the most obvious and weak troll bait yet. I suggest everyone hit report, ignore, and move on with your lives.

Profile picture
    bobpix
    Topics:

You just made me go to wiki again girl lol. Women who got their Oscar in Lead first overall nom: Queen Halle Berry Extraordinaire Charlize Theron Reese Whitherspoon Icon Marion Cotillard Sandra Bullock Brie Larson and of course, Olivia Colman Sorry, they are 7 👀

Kristen coming to be the 9th wbk

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

This made me cackle the way only some of these girls got the epithets and the rest get paid dust (but also in total agreement on Halle, Charlize, and Marion, truly some of the best performances in history).

Yip those are my top 3.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)’ is closed to new replies.