Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
M
Axel
Aaron Kalloo
  • Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

I think it will be a miss. They didn’t like the way she was portrayed right?

Idk, she snatched her nom in LCC alongside with Olivia (only two most important in dis race). So we’ll see.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

People here really need to STOP talking about the personal lives of Contenders with regards to their orientation or their marriage. It’s utterly appalling and also counter-productive to a constructive argument. Invasion of privacy is not a virtue and must not be entertained.

They need to stop fixating on her sexuality. Obsessed creeps. Literally wtf. 1di0ts

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

I adore Olivia Colman, and I do think she was amazing in The Lost Daughter. BUT I would personally prefer her not to win because, this may be an unpopular opinion, a lot of her acting in it just felt like scenes being copied and pasted from Ths Favourite and The Father. Again, I want to say she’s a great actress, and a nomination for The Lost Daughter, I’d more than support. But she pretty much just does the same stuff she usually does for the first 2/3 of the movie. Here entire Movie Theatre scene pretty much felt like her Dramatic Ballroom Scene from The Favourite without all the costumes. She definitely can win, I don’t think she will because she missed AACTA however, but I do prefer she wins her 2nd Oscar for a genuinely different performance in her career.

It wasn’t her fault, the director is inexperienced and she ruined the entire movie.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

As JV said, Laura Linney in Savages for Lead Actress. Otherwise for all categories since 2002, 2003 Shohreh Aghdashloo – House of Sand and Fog (Supporting Actress) Djimon Hounsou – In America (Supporting Actor) 2004 Clint Eastwood – Million Dollar Baby (Lead Actor) 2005 William Hurt – A History of Violence (Supporting Actor) 2007 Tommy Lee Jones – In the Valley of Elah (Lead Actor) Laura Linney – The Savages (Lead Actress) 2008 Michael Shannon – Revolutionary Road (Supporting Actor) 2009 Maggie Gyllenhaal – Crazy Heart (Supporting Actress) 2011 Max von Sydow – Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Supporting Actor) 2012 Jacki Weaver – Silver Linings Playbook (Supporting Actress) 2013 Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street (Supporting Actress) 2014 Bradley Cooper – American Sniper (Lead Actor) Laura Dern – Wild (Supporting Actress) 2018 Marina de Tavira – Roma (Supporting Actress) 2020 Lakeith Stanfield – Judas And The Black Messiah (Supporting Actor)

Thanks for the list. One thing that stands out is that most of these are in films that overperformed at the Oscars, highlighting a huge amount of industry support. I don’t think it’s impossible for Cruz to make it but I don’t know that PM has that level of support (comparable to Roma, TWOWS or Million Dollar Baby).

Profile picture
    silvestre
    Topics:

As JV said, Laura Linney in Savages for Lead Actress. Otherwise for all categories since 2002, 2003 Shohreh Aghdashloo – House of Sand and Fog (Supporting Actress) Djimon Hounsou – In America (Supporting Actor) 2004 Clint Eastwood – Million Dollar Baby (Lead Actor) 2005 William Hurt – A History of Violence (Supporting Actor) 2007 Tommy Lee Jones – In the Valley of Elah (Lead Actor) Laura Linney – The Savages (Lead Actress) 2008 Michael Shannon – Revolutionary Road (Supporting Actor) 2009 Maggie Gyllenhaal – Crazy Heart (Supporting Actress) 2011 Max von Sydow – Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Supporting Actor) 2012 Jacki Weaver – Silver Linings Playbook (Supporting Actress) 2013 Jonah Hill – The Wolf of Wall Street (Supporting Actress) 2014 Bradley Cooper – American Sniper (Lead Actor) Laura Dern – Wild (Supporting Actress) 2018 Marina de Tavira – Roma (Supporting Actress) 2020 Lakeith Stanfield – Judas And The Black Messiah (Supporting Actor)

Out of topic, but Mike Faist or Jesse Plemons are coming y’all.

Profile picture
    m_butterfly
    Topics:

Out of topic, but Mike Faist or Jesse Plemons are coming y’all.

Still more on topic than 80% of this thread.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    UmOkaaayyyyy
    Topics:

Question~ Will we be able to see who those Top 2 Choices at BAFTA are? Or are we just doing a guessing game?

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Question~ Will we be able to see who those Top 2 Choices at BAFTA are? Or are we just doing a guessing game?

Pretty sure they won’t indicate to us the Top 2. So, yes, likely a guessing game lol

But in some cases it may be obvious who the Top 2 are based on who gets in.

Profile picture
    silvestre
    Topics:

Malek a couple days ago, now this. Actors Branch love her. The SAG snub is real (and she’s apparently making the most of it, Neon’s campaign team is very competent), the film and portrayal are divisive, but the general consensus around her performance seems to be the only unshaken thing after televised storm. Simply cannot see her being snubbed on nominations morning even though she’s definitely not winning at this point.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Im confused about something, do some of you think that BAFTA is gonna be like “Here’s the Top 2 and now the rest of the nominees”? There’s no way to know who’s gonna be top 2 from the nominees, we can only guess after the nominees are out

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Malek a couple days ago, now this. Actors Branch love her. The SAG snub is real (and she’s apparently making the most of it, Neon’s campaign team is very competent), the film and portrayal are divisive, but the general consensus around her performance seems to be the only unshaken thing after televised storm. Simply cannot see her being snubbed on nominations morning even though she’s definitely not winning at this point.

Def. can’t imagine a snub as that would be just too off the mark for this season, but how exactly do promo events paid for by NEON indicate actor branch support?

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Im confused about something, do some of you think that BAFTA is gonna be like “Here’s the Top 2 and now the rest of the nominees”? There’s no way to know who’s gonna be top 2 from the nominees, we can only guess after the nominees are out

Well, I guess we’ll have to wait and see how they do it. But honestly, I think they will just announce the nominees in alphabetical order as they usually do and leave it like that. Maybe they may inform us who the top 2 in some form, which would be great. We’ll see.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

That struggle for buzz changed with the Oscars shortlist announcement, where “Here I Am” was among the 15 songs still in contention for original song. Earlier this month, Hudsons also scored a surprise SAG nod, securing a spot over presumed best actress frontrunner Kristen Stewart (“Spencer”). With Hudson’s buzz and prospects revived, she’s within arm’s reach of making history. We’re days from Oscar nomination voting opening, which begins on Thursday, Jan. 27, and ends on Tuesday, Feb. 1.

94 years later, Black women are still the strongest beings on our planet, continuously shattering ceilings despite the obstacles laid out in front of them. Even if Hudson comes up short, to reference Halle Berry, the only Black woman to ever win best actress, who said earlier this season, “awards do not define our worth.”

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I know there is like a 99% chance that Isabelle Fuhrman will not get nominated for The Novice but that would be an OUTSTANDING a surprise if she did get nominated.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 64)’ is closed to new replies.