Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 65)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 65)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 587 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
M
kallewickans_3
  • Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Being the Ricardos won best screenplay at AACTA beating out Belfast, Power of the Dog and Licorice Pizza, so it’s not unreasonable to think that it will get a best picture nom at the Oscars. I think the industry really likes the film despite some mediocre reviews from critics. If Don’t Look Up can get a best picture nomination which many predict then why can’t BTR considering it got better overall reviews than DLU?

BTR has always had a shot at a BP nomination, but tomorrow will help clarify that.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

one certain someone makes all Kristen’s fans look very bad. It sucks. Gaga and Stewart both just incredibly awesome and talanted gay icons. 95% of the people here loved Kristen’s performance, no one is saying that she was bad. When will people realize that a good performance by one actress does not make another’s performance worse. It’s about the facts and the facts say that Kristen is behind Gaga. No one forbids hoping that Stewart will be nominated or win by some miracle. I also want her to win, not Gaga. But I do not deny at the same time that Gaga has more chances. Say either something good or don’t say anything

Thanks for saying this. I never understand these twitter stan war and I think both sides are responsible. While I am more of a Gaga fan, I also grew up watching Twilight (lol) and would love to see both get nominated. I demand them to have a photo together. Plus they are obviously gonna click well, Kristen literally said she’s a big fan a few days ago.

I don’t take those trolls seriously anymore, they’re like clowns. I am not even sure if they’re real Kristen fans or just some Gaga haters using Kristen as a tool. We’ve seen multiple trolls here dressed as other actresses’ fans, but actually are stans of other pop singers.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Being the ricardos is a mess thanks to Sorkin but this movie is going to get a screenplay nomination (a win doesn’t even seem improbable tbh). I currently have it as #11 for Best Picture so I wouldn’t really be surprised at a BP nom either.

I found it really lifeless. People say Spencer is terrible but at least it was more interesting. I do have a feeling BTR will do much better with older demographics.

The cast was good however. Even Bardem was good.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Another reminder of how frustrating this awards season has been: https://mobile.twitter.com/NextBestPicture/status/1486545990022799363?cxt=HHwWhoC52fXsoqEpAAAA I agree that Kristen won’t get nominated. I still hope Penelope manages to surprise and get in.

Profile picture
    krisden25
    Topics:

Thanks for saying this. I never understand these twitter stan war and I think both sides are responsible. While I am more of a Gaga fan, I also grew up watching Twilight (lol) and would love to see both get nominated. I demand them to have a photo together. Plus they are obviously gonna click well, Kristen literally said she’s a big fan a few days ago.
    I don’t take those trolls seriously anymore, they’re like clowns. I am not even sure if they’re real Kristen fans or just some Gaga haters using Kristen as a tool. We’ve seen multiple trolls here dressed as other actresses’ fans, but actually are stans of other pop singers.

That is so true. Btw, I also grew up watching twilight and at the same time listening to a bad romance😹

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Penelope’s awards chatter interview: https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottFeinberg/status/1486482303802961923?cxt=HHwWhsCjsfLxhaEpAAAA

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Yeah the cast was the best thing about Ricardos – they deserved a better director. The editing was also extremely annoying and it deserves worst use of music/score of the year.

What is with our ladies, despite giving exceptional performances getting stifled in bad movies with lousy directors this year? Even Ridley Scott, one of my all time favs did a bad job with Gucci.

I thought the score was so beautiful

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Another reminder of how frustrating this awards season has been: https://mobile.twitter.com/NextBestPicture/status/1486545990022799363?cxt=HHwWhoC52fXsoqEpAAAA I agree that Kristen won’t get nominated. I still hope Penelope manages to surprise and get in.

Not the same 10 performances that Film Twitter constantly feeds to each other. They’re not better than the Academy members. They’re just more snob about it.

I mean, they even have the same (and only) black woman and the same international performances as everyone else, lol.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Not the same 10 performances that Film Twitter constantly feeds to each other. They’re not better than the Academy members. They’re just more snob about it. I mean, they even have the same (and only) black woman and the same international performances as everyone else, lol.

I’ve seen most of them and they’re a lot better than the performances of the current front runners (Olivia is the exception). Academy members don’t have good taste all the time and they’ve displayed it in recent years with Bohemian Rhapsody, Hillbilly Elegy and Green Book.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

If Film Twitter wants to talk about how these awards are ignoring better performances, then why aren’t they talking about other actresses besides the ones that pundits and critics fed to them? Renate Reinsve and Penelope Cruz? Shocking.

If you wanna pass as “edgy”, I don’t know, talk about Seidi Haarla from Compartment No. 6, Pem Zam from Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom, Taylour Paige from Zola, or any other actress outside the same 10 y’all collectively always mention.

So empty.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Not the same 10 performances that Film Twitter constantly feeds to each other. They’re not better than the Academy members. They’re just more snob about it. I mean, they even have the same (and only) black woman and the same international performances as everyone else, lol.

This. At least come up with something new, something that actually receive no exposure and no promo at all. Great performance is a subjective matter but film twitter just can’t get over it. Plus every year there will be great performances not getting nominated. It’s not a specific case for this year’s race.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 587 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 65)’ is closed to new replies.