Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 66)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 66)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 608 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
M
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

From the common 5(Kidman, Gaga, Colman, Chastain and Stewart) who do you think is the most vulnerable to miss a nom as the voting is underway ?

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

From the common 5(Kidman, Gaga, Colman, Chastain and Stewart) who do you think is the most vulnerable to miss a nom as the voting is underway ?

Stewart by far. Chastain is also vulnerable.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

True. I mean the only reason that LA times round table got any notice is because of Gaga talking about prop drinks. It’s a natural advantage and disadvantage that her name brings so much attention.

The level of entitlement in this type of posts…

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Nicole gave the girls years of interesting work by auteur directors….and was completely ignored by the Academy time and time again. So she said let me give yall a BIOPIC about a Hollywood legend.

She did what needed to be done.

d

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

If you have never been nominated before for best Actress, yes the break-through is crucial. Kidman, Colman(win) and Gaga scored their first Best Actress noms on the strengths of Moulin Rouge, The Favourite and A Star Is Born as best picture Front-runners. Stewart is an movie rejected by all guilds that couldn’t score a sole SAG nom. Things are not looking good.

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

Honestly, Stewart. Not everyone has an incredibly praised performance and makes it to nomination morning. I really want to see her nominated and enjoying that evening.

Then, I would say Chastain, but she’s been campaigning 24/7 and it’s a memorable performance (at least for me).

Third is LG, besides Variety and some users here hardly anyone is eager to give her an acting Oscar lol

I would be surprised if Kidman or Colman miss, but after last year I upped my dosis and I have my pills ready.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Kristen is still getting that nomination I believe.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Kristen is still getting that nomination I believe.

Chile gurl there will be big time  snub come Oscar morning. Olivia and Nicole are the only lock. Halle was the exeception. she won for her performance not the movie. The sole winner for Monsters Ball at the Academy Awards, the power of Miss Berry.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Chile gurl there will be big time snub come Oscar morning. Olivia and Nicole are the only lock.

I’m actually a little anxious.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

where did you took those 1.3 k votes from?

Not real votes. It’s a simulation. It means each voter fills their ballots using weighed chances. I gave the frontrunners a slight 10-20% boost.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I think Kidman is safe. Maybe the GG win shows that she can have enough #1 votes. And she’s an indutry vet, so community votes are guaranteed.

Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

Stewart… and considering nominees are voted by actors, if they ignored her at SAG… she’s done

That’s not fair to say when the majority of them likely didn’t even vote for the SAG nominees as the voting comittee for SAG was 2,500 SAG-AFTRA members which were randomly chosen from the 160,000. And that’s why I think Stewart will still manage to get in…I don’t think her fellow actors will snub her. Of course I can totally be wrong on February 8th, we’ll see.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Not real votes. It’s a simulation. It means each voter fills their ballots using weighed chances. I gave the frontrunners a slight 10-20% boost.

What’s the algorithm? Like what separates the names such as Nicole Kidman and Tessa Thompson? Are they just random guesses, if so, the names would be reduced to just id numbers with no real meaning.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 66)’ is closed to new replies.