Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 66)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 66)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 608 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
M
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Bardem gave the worst performance in Ricardos. Only that supporting lady (I dunno her name) deserves recognition, but it’s a popularity contest and she’s not popular enough + she’s not playing a wooden Lucy, so she’s nowhere to be seen in the conversation

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Bardem gave the worst performance in Ricardos. Only that supporting lady (I dunno her name) deserves recognition, but it’s a popularity contest and she’s not popular enough + she’s not playing a wooden Lucy, so she’s nowhere to be seen in the conversation

Nina Arianda deserves a nom too in Sup. Actress,  but I think J K Simmons is more possible in supporting than her.  I don’t get the Bardem hate, I really liked him.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

All these Film Twitter Critics are not having it with Kidman and I am living for their meltdowns

All these magazine film critics are an echo chamber with 0 impact on award bodies, they lifted Stewart on high heavens all Season and she is about to collapse on the ground if she misses the nom.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

The people coming out of the woodworks and making new accounts to try to taint Nicole’s potential moment.

z

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Remember when Bradley Cooper said awards season was meaningless and devoid of artistic creation in an interview back in late 2020? I’m not a fan, but he should have won the Oscar over Malek.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not someone’s stan hating on Kidman. I am not passionate about anyone really this year. Regardless, rest assured she’s simply winning by default. All these actresses are up for mediocre at best movies, and the real baity ones are actresses the industry completely lacks respect or admiration for aka Stewart and Gaga.

In your opinion.

Was the Globe by default too? If she wins SAG, will that be by default too? If she managed to win the BAFTA, will that be by default too?

Nothing is by default this year….this is one of the most stacked years in recent memory for this category. Nothing is by default.

They’ve ignored Nicole for baitier films….so this award, if she wins it, won’t be just given to her.

Profile picture
    Govrnmentjudas
    Topics:

and the real baity ones are actresses the industry completely lacks respect or admiration for aka Stewart and Gaga.

the industry doesnt respect Gaga? who’s gonna tell you..

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

Joaquin Phoenix was only mad at those basic award bodies and it wasn’t a bad thing. I mean…how can you give such a powerful performance in The Master and not even get nominated at SAG? Phoenix should have two Oscars by now

I actually think Joaquin is the main reason BAFTA made changes. He called their asses out while accepting his well-deserved reward and I feel indebted to him because of it.

Without his speech, I don’t think Alfre Woodard’s OUTSTANDING performance would have been nominated.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

the industry completely lacks respect or admiration for aka Stewart and Gaga.

the industry doesnt respect Gaga? who’s gonna tell you..

If Gaga gets nominated this time, she will be one of the very few actors to have their first 2 lead movies being nominated. Also being in a messy/terribly-reviewed film like HoG will instantly kill any award chances for most actors, yet she sustain until this point. I don’t think someone with no industry respect could do that.

The most outrageous disrespect for her actually comes from film twitter, who’s been diminishing her achievements since ASIB. Even stuck up critics groups show admiration for her. Her first two lead roles already earned her NYFCC and NBR, which are two prestigious critics with over 70 years history.

As for Kristen, I think what she needs is to ride on a strong BP contender momentum to break the ice. That’s a “shortcut” to get one’s name into award conversation. Like Gaga, she rides on ASIB momentum to get her first nomination. So did Emma Stone (Birdman), JLaw (Winer’s Bone), Mulligan (Education), and many more. Once she breaks the barrier things will get so much easier for her, and she can rip the “twilight girl” tag apart.

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

If Gaga gets nominated this time, she will be one of the very few actors to have their first 2 lead movies being nominated. Also being in a messy/terribly-reviewed film like HoG will instantly kill any award chances for most actors, yet she sustain until this point. I don’t think someone with no industry respect could do that. The most outrageous disrespect for her actually comes from film twitter, who’s been diminishing her achievements since ASIB. Even stuck up critics groups show admiration for her. Her first two lead roles already earned her NYFCC and NBR, which are two prestigious critics with over 70 years history. As for Kristen, I think what she needs is to ride on a strong BP contender momentum to break the ice. That’s a “shortcut” to get one’s name into award conversation. Like Gaga, she rides on ASIB momentum to get her first nomination. So did Emma Stone (Birdman), JLaw (Winer’s Bone), Mulligan (Education), and many more. Once she breaks the barrier things will get so much easier for her, and she can rip the “twilight girl” tag apart.

I agree with this. She’s a talented actor and whilst I didn’t like her performance in “Spencer”, people have won in the past for worst performances in biopics basically just because they are ‘more respected’. The film just didn’t hit the right tone for industry voters. I’m certain that had she been directed by another director in a simpler, less adventurous telling of Diana, she would very much be the front runner. Ironically, I thought she was more like Diana in “Seberg” than she was in “Spencer”. I’m still hopeful she gets a nomination so that it increases her clout for future races.

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

For a group of petty snobs who don’t matter you guys sure talk about Film Twitter a lot. If they’re that unimportant just ignore them.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

I love Nicole Kidman so much but if she wins for that performance… it will seriously be one of the worst win of all time. Even with Frances McDormand and Gwyneth Paltrow included.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 608 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 66)’ is closed to new replies.