Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 885 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
UnionCityMood
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

BAFTA predix: Olivia Colman Kristen Stewart Penelope Cruz Renate Reinsve Emilia Jones

Cruz isn’t even on the long list and there’s six slots

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Pacino was definitely better than Gaga (who I actually thought was okay, given the subpar screenplay she had to work with). Honestly, I also thought Jeremy Irons and Salma Hayek out-acted, even with their limited screentime.

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I actually think House of Gucci wasn’t that bad of a movie, Al Pacino deserved more recognition this award season and actually all the cast did a pretty good job overall.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Honestly I liked the entire cast except Leto, they have many standout moments and ofc Gaga is the mvp. But I wished Pacino was the supporting nominee from this.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

He’s easily the mvp of that movie. Gaga’s really good in some scenes but quite incosistent throughout. But then again, the writing and directing are awful. So…

Honey, I totally disagree. I suggest you watch it again. Pacino should be winning supporting the actor though

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Leto was beyond offensive. How this performance is even getting recognition is ridiculous. I already knew he was going to be bad but I didn’t know he was going to be THAT awful.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

Four more scenes and Salma Hayek would be a supporting actress nominee. I really loved her in that scene where she told Gaga to wear something with a touch of green

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

The movie really did failed Gaga, she’s the only thing worth watching there

This conversation is precisely why I think Gaga will ultimately miss. Unless you’re an absolute legend like Glenn Close, your overall movie failing you probably means you’ll be dropped for someone from a more acclaimed project, like Lopez or Chalamet.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

I think we could have a scenario where only Licorice Pizza and WSS are in best picture and propably one of these two girls is nominated(Zegler or Haim). BTR and HoG could easily miss Best Picture, because there are 9 other Films way stronger across the board with guilds and Tragedy of MacBeth can breakthrough the finish line for the 10th spot. I think BTR has slighter chance because it is carried by the screenplay and the topic is Hollywood, that bodes better for Picture noms, but I can see MacBeth taking the tenth spot.

I guess it really comes down to these few options. For now I’m seeing

HoG vs Don’t Look Up: Both popular films that people know about, mixed critical response, famous cast.

Tick Tick Boom vs The Lost Daughter: Both Netflix films, if both get in there will be possibly 4 Netflix films in BP. Critical acclaim, lukewarm audience reception (TTB has good audience score but barely anyone saw the film, TLD performed better in viewership but receptions are divisive.)

BTR vs MacBeth: Both streaming films with big names behind (Amazon vs Apple), and being the top targets as in promotion. Both Denzel and Nicole are strong contenders in lead acting category, with a potential co-star surprise (Frances&Javier). Strong producer/writer support for BTR and strong tech guilds support for Macbeth.

Potential spoiler: Drive My Car (foreign voters passion pick)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Honey, I totally disagree. I suggest you watch it again. Pacino should be winning supporting the actor though

I finished watching the movie minutes ago. I don’t need to rewatch honey. Pacino was definitely better but he’s also an acting legend, so he has way more experience than Gaga, especially when it comes to dealing with awful writing. And I didn’t say Gaga wasn’t good. I did like her for the most part.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Everyone in gucci was acting in there own separate movie its so weird, gaga hold everything together

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Kristen already #5 on the odds. Damn.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

As far as I’m concerned, Lady Gaga gave the best acting performance of 2021. She kind of reinvented acting with her super star performance.

She scared in that overboard scene where she destroys the things on the table. That’s how real her acting was. She would be sweeping if these award bodies were honest.

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

This conversation is precisely why I think Gaga will ultimately miss. Unless you’re an absolute legend like Glenn Close, your overall movie failing you probably means you’ll be dropped for someone from a more acclaimed project, like Lopez or Chalamet.

For her to miss the oscar she would’ve miss everything else, it ain’t happening

she got raves and accolades for this performance

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)’ is closed to new replies.