Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 885 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
Anthagiox
UnionCityMood
  • Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Profile picture
    smartypants27
    Topics:

Sorry, I was gone for a few days and I come back to these rando’s fighting and being disrespectful to each other and celebrities personal life? Shame on you. I hope Kidman comes through in the BAFTA, would be great to see Kidman win 2 Oscars with Blanchett

With some of these people losing their shit now, imagine how things would be if Gaga got in at the BAFTAs and won at SAG? It would be DEFCON 1 in here.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

Oscars winners last decade and what awards they won by precursor awards (2011-2021)

9/10 won a Golden Globe
    9/10 won BAFTA Leading Actress
    7/10 won SAG Lead Actress
    6/10 won AACTA International Actress
    5/10 won Critics Choice Award

The above show the CC is the most useless award, because they are online pundits. BAFTA when they don’t serve a weird passion twist, they predict the Oscars and AACTA when they don’t go bit biased with Australian Actresses, they are kinda pretty spot on.

In regards to said trifecta critics awards

NSFC 3/10
    LAFCA 3/10
    NYFCC 2/10

I would say BAFTAs is the best precursor because it is having big overlap in membership.

I have always been curious, but how many voting members for BAFTA are also voters for Oscars?

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

9/10 won a Golden Globe

Globes do have 2 winners though. So BAFTA is definitely far ahead of the rest in terms of accuracy.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I have always been curious, but how many voting members for BAFTA are also voters for Oscars?

It is not disclosed, but a big chunk of AMPAs are BAFTAs voters.

Profile picture
    Popsicle
    Topics:

Those of you arguing and saying trash about Gaga should report to the NYFCC head who already called her the best performance of the year. That she wasn’t whispering depressingly (Stewart), did not steal a doll or sleep on the beach (Colman) or even read a script from the beginning to the end of her film like Kidman doesn’t mean she wasn’t great. Lady Gaga was phenomenal in Gucci

Gurl, do not drag Kidman into this.

Gaga may have good performances every now and then but she no legend yet. Two movies and Machete 2 doesnt bring her all the way up there.

OH YEAH

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I think Thompson, Zegler,  Rensive and Scanlan make sense as jury saves at the BAFTAs

Isn’t the jury established for diversity?

Rensive is the only foreign speaking performance.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

I think Thompson, Zegler, Rensive and Scanlan make sense as jury saves at the BAFTAs Isn’t the jury established for diversity? Rensive is the only foreign speaking performance.

would not be surprised with they sneak Jhud there too

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I think Thompson, Zegler, Rensive and Scanlan make sense as jury saves at the BAFTAs Isn’t the jury established for diversity? Rensive is the only foreign speaking performance.

I feel confident in Thompson, Reinsve and Scanlan being 3 of the jury picks, plus Rushbrook/Stewart getting the other slot. I think 2 of Olivia/Gaga/Kidman will be the top 2.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

That’s why they both need to get snubbed. We wouldn’t be having these low class dramas if gay critics had just left the awards an Oscars to actual Actresses. Thank you.

Kristen Stewart started her acting career in 1999 and has starred in at least one movie nearly every year since then… How exactly is she not an “actual actress” lol?

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

That’s why they both need to get snubbed. We wouldn’t be having these low class dramas if gay critics had just left the awards an Oscars to actual Actresses. Thank you.

Kristen Stewart – Working as an actress for over 20 years. Won a BAFTA, a César and 2/3 of the Trifecta. Nominated for Golden Globes, Critics’ Choice and the Australian Academy. The world’s highest-paid actress in 2012. But not actress enough since Anthony said so.

Lady Gaga – Oscar nominated for her debut film performance, for which she won a Critics’ Choice Awards in addition of nominations for BAFTA, SAG, GG and AACTA. Has won a Golden Globes for her debut TV performance; Has won an Oscar for Original Song; Has won NYFCC and NBR; Both of her films were box-office hits. But not actress enough since Anthony said so.

Very pretentious Anthony! Women still have to prove themselves 100 times more than men…

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)’ is closed to new replies.