Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 885 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
UnionCityMood
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Congrats to Tessa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Did Haim really got into the Top 2 over Kidman and Colman?? That was something I would have never saw coming lol

I think it’s Scanlan. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Haim.

Honestly, right now the category is so weak that I’m going to add Haim. Her film is top 5 in Best Picture. And the movie is ABOUT HER. It wouldn’t make sense to not nominate her.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Did Haim really got into the Top 2 over Kidman and Colman?? That was something I would have never saw coming lol

What if Scanlan did? She won BIFA and her and Reinsve made LFCC.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    eunino
    Topics:

but the Oscar voting ended yesterday, right? so basically the results today wouldn’t have impact, would it?

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

This won’t hurt Kidman, she was never expected to get a BAFTA nom especially considering their new voting process.

However this is a massive blow to Colman considering she’s British and was pretty much expected to get a nomination. If anything this only strengthens the chances of Kidman winning the Oscar and Gaga becoming her main rival for the win.

On a side note Andrew Garfield missing out on a Best Actor nomination in his home country is shocking and the best director noms are crazy. The new BAFTA voting process has only made the Oscar race even more chaotic than it had to be..🤣

No, she absolutely was expected to get a BAFTA nod. The voters liked BTR overall, so Kidman should’ve got in here.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

However this is a massive blow to Colman considering she’s British and was pretty much expected to get a nomination. If anything this only strengthens the chances of Kidman winning the Oscar and Gaga becoming her main rival for the win. On a side note Andrew Garfield missing out on a Best Actor nomination in his home country is shocking and the best director noms are crazy. The new BAFTA voting process has only made the Oscar race even more chaotic than it had to be..

But Bafta don’t prefer their UK actors unconditionally, unlike how they life up British filmmakers and producers. Both Colman and Garfield starred in a relatively American movie (team and story) and that won’t do them any better even tho they have British nationalities. It’s just not how Bafta works.

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

lmao

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

With your blessing, I will now focus on Miss Gaga being the Frontrunner. Thank you. Hopefully in the future you can be more cognizant of your own posts as it seems you forget what you post quite quickly.

I wish the best for you because it seems that you would take a Gaga Oscar loss a LOT worse than I would a Nicole loss.

And hopefully you won’t feel the need to create a new account if she loses. Best of luck to you, my love.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

but the Oscar voting ended yesterday, right? so basically the results today wouldn’t have impact, would it?

Not on the nominations no, other than confirm some industry trends such as the fact actors simply loved Gaga’s performance (SAG + BAFTA).

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Haim or Scanlan (more likely). A young new “unknown” performer like Haim could’ve been a jury pick. Jones was 10000% a jury pick, along with Thompson and obviously Reinsve.

Haim is definitely a jury pick. Along with Mike Faist.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I’m glad I never bought the Kidman hype, and now the same who jumped on her train are doing the same for Gaga.

That said, how the fuck do I predict this ? This is wide open and Gaga is the only lock, but I don’t actually buy her winning the Oscar.

I think Haim is getting in and I put her #2, but I have no idea what to do next.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Currently hopedicting Jones and Tesdsa to upset

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Gaga:

NYFCC: she won because they wanted to have dinner with her

CCA and GG: she got nominated because their star fuckery

SAG: she got nominated because of tiktokers and influencers

BAFTA: ???? TBD

Profile picture
    Farix
    Topics:

If anything this only strengthens the chances of Kidman winning the Oscar and Gaga becoming her main rival for the win.

“Missing BAFTA strengthens Kidman’s chances of winning the Oscar”.

After this I think I’ve read it all on this website. The delusion.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 676 through 690 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)’ is closed to new replies.