Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 885 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
UnionCityMood
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

So happy the TikTokers at BAFTA voted for Gaga just like they did at SAG.

Their power!

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Gaga
    Kidman
    Colman
    Chastain
    Cruz

Profile picture
    Natalegend
    Topics:

Honestly, from now on, we shouldn’t be predicting the Critics/pundits winner at the Oscars because between Nyong’o, Collette, Stewart and Mulligan none of them were able to win and only 1 got nominated so far.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Can we put the Zegler prediction to rest now? Never saw that happening.

I hope Alana gets nominated over her. Since they’re the newcomers, I thought only one would squeeze in and it would be Zegler after all the WSS raves and nominations.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

The BAFTA’s really do hate Olivia Colman….I mean she’s snubbed again.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

LOL as if campaignaning can guarantee a BAFTA nomination easily especially when it’s super hard with the jury pick these days, Stewart was the one who has campaigned the most since Venice and couldn’t even get nominated at SAG.

I like Stewart so no disrespect but indeed Stewart campaigned even more than Gaga. I have no idea why Film Twitter and this forum ignore that. Gaga gets more attention because she’s a Superstar, not because she campaigned the most.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Gaga was truly an underdog that either got dragged or ignored massively from people, would not be surprised if she takes it after all, it’s a decent performance so I can’t be mad. Can someone win the Oscar without the BAFTA nomination? Don’t see it happening.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

This is something we should have clear and cemented in our minds. Only TRIFECTA matters.

I don’t know why it hasn’t been cemented in our minds yet – the evidence for it is stronnnnng. To those who told me previously that Stewart had the overpowering odds to snag that nom/win over Cruz, Reinsve and Jones (“they’ve been paid dust, honey”) – well… i never came for your choice, now, did i – karma? 💁

I never dragged Stewart, and I never downplayed her or Gaga in hopes of pushing my faves into the race.

Now Leto, yes, i cop to not ever being able to face that, but live and let live for the Leto stans, you feel me. 🤣

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Colman’s movie is just as divisive as Spencer. The audience scores speak for themselves. Also, her character might be too unsympathetic for some people.

On the other hand, Gaga’s Patrizia has a soft/underdog side, even if she’s a murderer, lol.

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

I wanna get a feedback from all those people here who told me “are you an insider? Lol” or “you have no idea how awards work” when I said that there was no way Kstew was going to win the Oscar for this performance and no way in hell she would get a Bafta nom, despite I liked her performance.

Where are you people? Remember me? Where is your “obviously frontrunner because no other performance in the last 2 decades has been this close to perfection”?

If You Say So Shrug GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

I had her first in my predictions too 🙂 (I think). I guess you weren’t really surprised about the Colman snub either, lol she’s not in a big megahit playing a British Queen this year.

I suggest people check out the audience score of RT, I saw no potential of that film, but she’s magically predicted by everyone, I respect Colman as an actress but that’s all.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)’ is closed to new replies.