Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 885 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
Anthagiox
UnionCityMood
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Bafta has always been the campaign killer

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

I like Stewart so no disrespect but indeed Stewart campaigned even more than Gaga. I have no idea why Film Twitter and this forum ignore that. Gaga gets more attention because she’s a Superstar, not because she campaigned the most.

Neon has been campaigned Stewart like crazy also in the last weeks with that abc special, interviews, payola articles media outlets, private events-screenings with AMPAS voters in the last weeks, imagine if it was Gaga having Julianne Moore doing private parties screenings to promote her…

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Gaga getting top two is huge for her international support. Had she made the jury, that would’ve been one thing, but it’s clear she got the votes to be in the top and that’s how you win the Oscar.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

BAFTA nominee Alana Mychal Haim 

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

Hollywood needs money. Needs to sell tickets. Movies. Full theaters. Gaga is getting that Oscar.

Gurl this is the same delusionalism that “Kristen Stewart is going to win” 2 months ago. That Oscar has Nicole Kidman already grabbed in it. And I don’t stan NKid but it has been pretty obvious for months now.

Over It Reaction GIF by Shalita Grant - Find & Share on GIPHY

Profile picture
    Berlin2002
    Topics:

LOL as if campaignaning can guarantee a BAFTA nomination easily especially when it’s super hard with the jury pick these days, Stewart was the one who has campaigned the most since Venice and couldn’t even get nominated at SAG.

Exactly.I’m a voting member of SAG ( member since 1983 ) and gowns or not, I voted for Lady Gaga. She was the Tom Brady of House of Gucci. Without her performance that movie would’ve been difficult to get through. She didn’t play for sympathy and was entertaining as hell. Like Jessica Chastain (who was a close second choice for me ) in TEOTF, walked that high wire between caricature and portrait. Both actresses took a big risk and delivered in award winning style in my book. Olivia Coleman’s performance in TLD was hard to ignore. She was excellent in making such an unlikeable character work on screen. I’d be fine with a Coleman SAG win. Nicole Kidman’s bi-polar work in BTR didn’t register with me. She was serviceable when recreating some of Lucy Ricardo’s iconic sitcom moments but was waxen as Lucille Ball. Except for when she belting out an Aretha tune, watching Jennifer Hudson’s performance was like taking two cupfuls of NyQuil. Lady Gaga’s performance got my vote and say what you will about her, she’s made this awards season fun as hell.

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Someone sticky this post on the main page and send it to all the “Oscar experts”

They just like her music and that’s it! Or maybe they want to meet her just like those NYFCC losers!

lol. Unhinged behaviour.

Profile picture
    Philip
    Topics:

The downfall of Stewart is hilarious. I’m so happy.

#12 for 2021 SAG Film Award Winners.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Gaga was the initial frontrunner in the Goldderby odds, then we dropped her. Same thing happened to Frances McDormand last year…

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Gurl this is the same delusionalism that “Kristen Stewart is going to win” 2 months ago. That Oscar has Nicole Kidman already grabbed in it. And I don’t stan NKid but it has been pretty obvious for months now. Over It Reaction GIF by Shalita Grant - Find & Share on GIPHY

After this morning, there is absolutely zero delusion behind thinking Gaga will win. Is it 100% guaranteed? No, but there’s strong evidence for it.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

No Stewart, no Colman, no Kidman. Weird.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 796 through 810 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)’ is closed to new replies.