Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 885 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
UnionCityMood
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    eleanor the monkey queen
    Topics:

yes it’s hard to imagine someone winning the oscar without a bafta nomination. gucci also overperformed at the sags. gaga is looking more and more like the frontrunner

Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

I feel bad for Kristen tho. Getting the best reviews of her career and was deemed the Best Actress frontrunner for months…

Profile picture
    Fleur
    Topics:

Gaga winning Album of the year, Record of the year at the Grammys and Best Actress at the Oscars the same year?

I WANT TO SEE THIS.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Actually it happened but not with Spencer stans this Time

Has Neon finally made the pivot to Reinsve over Stewart? Will it now de-pin that Spencer tweet and in its place pin a Worst Person in the World one please, especially with the film finally (finally!) getting its wrongly delayed U.S. release this weekend.

Damn, Reinsve could be a lot closer to locked for that Actress Oscar nom rn if the studio had gotten wise to the situation earlier – for months the word was Spencer wasn’t winning over a lot in the industry, while The Worst Person in the World was the charmer. Then Neon sandbags TWPITD’s U.S. release (pulling the same b.s. quiet qualifying release move that MGM/UA unceremoniously fobbed on Cyrano – Dinklage et al. must be fuming) as part of damage control as the studio campaigners retrenched following Spencer‘s bellyflop in wide release, and did anything possible to save the sinking ship including shoving down the road Joachim Trier‘s lovely creation – Trier might be rivaling Hamaguchi for that left-field slot too at this point if it weren’t for Neon’s mishandling of things. OY!

Nothing personal against Spencer/Stewart stans, mind you, but damn i’m steamed at Neon still for doing TWPITW dirty like that.

(pardon my saltiness, it seizes my spirit only rarely, I swear)

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    oxymoron
    Topics:

Things look really bleak for Kidman right now. Only Hilary Swank (Million Dollar Baby) and Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) managed to win without a BAFTA nod during this millennium, but both of these movies were box office hits.

On the other hand, Viola Davis (The Help), Meryl Streep (Doubt), Julie Christie (Away from Her), Renée Zellweger (Chicago) lost the top prize despite winning the SAG.

Even if Kidman wins the SAG, she will still be weaker if Gaga wins the BAFTA.

However, Gaga’s chances will tumble if she loses both.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I think the main things that can stop Gaga is if someone else wins BAFTA and House of Gucci completely bombs at the Oscars.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

I feel bad for Kristen tho. Getting the best reviews of her career and was deemed the Best Actress frontrunner for months…

Seriously. The people gloating are fucking obnoxious.

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

After this morning, there is absolutely zero delusion behind thinking Gaga will win. Is it 100% guaranteed? No, but there’s strong evidence for it.

If believing it make you happy, who am I to ruin your day? Let’s meet here the Oscars night!

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+ - Find & Share on GIPHY

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Gaga winning Album of the year, Record of the year at the Grammys and Best Actress at the Oscars the same year?

I WANT TO SEE THIS.

LFS AOTY! TONY BENNETT KING!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I think the main things that can stop Gaga is if someone else wins BAFTA and House of Gucci completely bombs at the Oscars.

I don’t think HOG bombing at the Oscars will matter at this point, considering her competition are from non-BP frontrunners. BAFTA proved that they can snub Gucci almost everywhere except Best Actress. So voters clearly made a distinction between the film itself and Gaga’s performance. Alana could’ve been a threat had she made SAG and/or won the Globe.

Profile picture
    kbc
    Topics:

Reinsve and Jones here make my heart sing… I love it all.

FYC
    Best Picture: "Aftersun" (A24); “Bones & All” (MGM/UA)
    Best Director: Charlotte Wellls; Luca Guadagnino
    Best Actress: Frankie Corio; Taylor Russell
    Best Actor: Paul Mescal; Timothee Chalamet
    Best Supporting Actress: Chloe Sevigny
    Best Supporting Actor: Mark Rylance, Andre Holland, Michael Stuhlbarg
    Best Original Screenplay: Charlotte Wells
    Best Adapted Screenplay: David Kajganich

Profile picture
    jamon__serrano
    Topics:

Neon’s campaign for Spencer (in general) has been atrocious.

Is Kristen the only thing worth rewarding? What about cinematography, costumes, scores? Well, baby, now it looks like it’ll get nothing at all.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)’ is closed to new replies.