Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 885 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
Anthagiox
UnionCityMood
  • Profile picture
    paraglide
    Topics:

This is such a huge slap in the face to all who doubted Miss Gaga and I am loving every second of it. Like holy hell

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Wild how Stewart went from super frontrunner to likely missing on nomination.

It’s just funny for the bandwagoners. The only reason people liked her, posted about her here, stanned her here, is cause they thought she was the clear favorite to win.  So much for truly being a fan of someone. Embarrassing and widely transparent for so many people reading this thread.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Baftas are a mess specially lately, they don’t have any actual influence over the Oscars.

Please.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I like Kristen but her more intense Oscar supporters willfully ignored when many of us said that Twilight is still haunting her. They called us haters for saying that. We were also haters for pointing out that Spencer is disliked as a film. Last year Carey Mulligan’s fans were too intense but at least she was in a beloved movie that showed up everywhere. They had a real reason behind predicting her to win. Stewart fans do not. I hope Stewart is nominated next week but stop acting like you weren’t warned.

Profile picture
    Chocoesq
    Topics:

Critics Choice Award is the biggest winner today, the actresses are going there now of course, well except for Gaga.

It will be Billy Crystal, the 4 best actress nominees, and Jared Leto. All of the other people that hit the CC hit BAFTA.

Profile picture
    paraglide
    Topics:

Also, Lady Gaga is the only actor this season to hit all four major precursors: Golden Globe, Critics Choice, Screen Actors Guild and BAFTA

Like Damn

Profile picture
    Berlin2002
    Topics:

Actors actually don’t respect Gaga as an actress. It may be unfair but it’s the truth. She is not winning for this role, at all. Remember my words.

Not true in the least. You certainly don’t speak for me. I respect Lady Gaga’s work as actress tremendously and I’m a voting member of SAG. She earned my vote this year for Best Actress.And on a side note, independent of her work as an actress, Lady Gaga is much beloved in the music industry. I’ve heard nothing but praise about her professionalism and warmth from people that have worked with her and some of them are in SAG.

Profile picture
    Faux architect
    Topics:

Things look really bleak for Kidman right now. Only Hilary Swank (Million Dollar Baby) and Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) managed to win without a BAFTA nod during this millennium, but both of these movies were box office hits. On the other hand, Viola Davis (The Help), Meryl Streep (Doubt), Julie Christie (Away from Her), Renée Zellweger (Chicago) lost the top prize despite winning the SAG. Even if Kidman wins the SAG, she will still be weaker if Gaga wins the BAFTA. However, Gaga’s chances will tumble if she loses both.

The problem is the jury matter messes up these statistics. Kidman has taken a significant hit as a frontrunner, but if she was very close to Top 2 in votes it won’t matter that much in the end (provided she has SAG support). This is similar to Carey last year in that we just don’t know.

I don’t think it will necessarily happen this year but the new system will affect BAFTA as a predictor at some point. And I’m not complaining. I like these interesting nominations.

Pantheon of acting: Uta / Elizabeth / Richard / Sandy (Virginia Woolf), Bibi / Liv (Persona), Sandrine (La Ceremonie), Brie (Short Term 12), Jodie (Silence of the Lambs), Jodie (Killing Eve), Nicole (The Others), Eva (Penny Dreadful), Timothée (CMBYN), Lupita (Us)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

People are already moving the goal post lmao, suddenly BAFTA don’t matter. Let’s forget that even with the new system, last year they were the only precursor to match the Oscars in ALL acting categories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Popsicle
    Topics:

yes it’s hard to imagine someone winning the oscar without a bafta nomination. gucci also overperformed at the sags. gaga is looking more and more like the frontrunner

Its just a new system. Ir doesnt bear the same weight.

OH YEAH

Profile picture
    TomJerry
    Topics:

Wild how Stewart went from super frontrunner to likely missing on nomination.

Even Colman! She missed AACTA as well! At least Kristen has AACTA and LFCC. But Colman has SAG!

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Alana Haim is propably in for a nomination. Her movie was liked by the BAFTAs and also Westside Story missed best film, I think Zegler and Frances are totally out of nomination conversation.

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

It’s not going to be Kidman. There’s just too many international voters that really don’t care about Lucille Ball. There really is no challenger to Gaga at this stage (things could and have changed quickly), but when I read that more people voted at the Oscars this year than ever before, that has to bode well for Gaga and Gucci. Like what could cause this voter enthusiasm except for a widely watched movie starring one of the biggest stars in the world. Bookmark me, Gucci’s getting nommed for Best Picture too.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

No AACTAs and no BAFTAs: Chastain and Colman. No international support imo. Idk why but I see one of those two missing. And also KS.

At this point only Gaga and Kidman are lock for nominations, with the rest everything can happen.

Colman is probably above Chastain, she has more chances I guess, I’m still predicting as third slot but for sure not even getting nominated with the group where she was supposed to be the stronger speaks volume.

Chastain, Hudson, Haim, Cruz, Zegler for the last 2 spots.

I don’t know what to do with Stewart, the movie completely bombed with all the industry awards, Tammy Faye at least managed a hair and make up BAFTA nomination + guilds, ‘Spencer’ has been completely shut down, I don’t have valid reasons to still predict her.

Cruz at least has two Trifecta and Volpi cup, she makes more sense to me to predict her over Stewart.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)’ is closed to new replies.