Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 885 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
UnionCityMood
Anthagiox
  • Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

i told yall !!!! i told yall alana was getting in at the oscars !!!!! and mf i am RIGHT. hehe do we think gaga and haim were the top two at the baftas?

I don’t think it makes sense to think Alana was top two. She’s a virtual nobody to the acting world, and the jury system was put into place to ensure people like her get the recognition they otherwise wouldn’t. I think the top two were Gaga (obvi) and Joanna.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

I like Kristen but her more intense Oscar supporters willfully ignored when many of us said that Twilight is still haunting her. They called us haters for saying that. We were also haters for pointing out that Spencer is disliked as a film. Last year Carey Mulligan’s fans were too intense but at least she was in a beloved movie that showed up everywhere. They had a real reason behind predicting her to win. Stewart fans do not. I hope Stewart is nominated next week but stop acting like you weren’t warned.

I Think Spencer as the movie itself is more contributing than Twillight. I mean, Saoirse did The Host, Portman did Prequels, Mara did Freddy Krueger remake. They all have been there before.

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

There is no comparison between Mulligan and Stewart. Mulligans film was best picture contender that won a bunch of awards and got everything in guild mentions as film. Like not a single correlation and their situation.

Profile picture
    coopC
    Topics:

Alana wasn’t a sure thing for top two, so it’s not a sure thing for her at the Oscar, but she’s in a better situation than Stewart and Zegler (I gave her up long time ago).

Profile picture
    haimentines
    Topics:

I don’t think it makes sense to think Alana was top two. She’s a virtual nobody to the acting world, and the jury system was put into place to ensure people like her get the recognition they otherwise wouldn’t. I think the top two were Gaga (obvi) and Joanna.

that makes sense. i saw a bunch of ppl on twitter saying that it was gaga and haim but i wasn’t positive. though, licorice pizza did get a bunch of nominations outside of alana’s so there’s that to consider

Profile picture
    vertibort6
    Topics:

Is that why they went 4/4 just last year?

Really I’m not going to fight about the possible win or lost of a person who is never going to know I exist.

✨I’m not and have no intention to be that poster✨.

I came here to express myself with no spirit of engaging in a battle of arguments about who is right. We will see the Oscars night. But I maintain everything I said. I sincerely hope you can respect a different opinion.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

At this rate, the only way Kristen could win an Oscar (or in the future) is going full Heath Ledger and killing herself in the end. So unfair

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    silvestre
    Topics:

Alana Haim is propably in for a nomination. Her movie was liked by the BAFTAs and also Westside Story missed best film, I think Zegler and Frances are totally out of nomination conversation.

At least Zegler got the Globe and NBR, the McDormand hype was 100% people getting excited over Macbeth’s (deserved) guild triumph, it was never a real thing.

Profile picture
    Anthagiox
    Topics:

Its just a new system. Ir doesnt bear the same weight.

The top two do bear the same weight since they get in the same way actresses have gotten in, in the past. Someone like Nicole or Olivia not getting enough votes to make it into top two does show that there may not be a lot of international support for them.

that makes sense. i saw a bunch of ppl on twitter saying that it was gaga and haim but i wasn’t positive. though, licorice pizza did get a bunch of nominations outside of alana’s so there’s that to consider

Yeah, the over-performance of LP is a good point when it comes to Alana being top two, but I just feel like because the top two is based  a lot on popularity, it’s hard to believe a nobody got in.

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

The biggest dark horse in the race right now is Emilia Jones. Coda is a lock for a best picture nomination and if she manages to get a best actress nom at the oscars she may be the only actress nominee in a film nominated for best picture which would only give her an advantage over the others.

On a side note Denzel Washington missed out again on a Best Actor nom which means he has never been nominated for a BAFTA during his entire career which is a disgrace. 😠

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

I’m not predicting Chastain nor am I predicting Stewart anymore.

This is going to sound awful for me to say as a black chick but I hope Tessa is the designated black nominee in lead actress at the Oscars. Listen I would love for the Oscars to not only have one slot but that’s what they seem to have most of the time.

Profile picture
    lucy
    Topics:

At least Zegler got the Globe and NBR, the McDormand hype was 100% people getting excited over Macbeth’s (deserved) guild triumph, it was never a real thing.

Let’s not forget Alana was the NBR best newcomer though. Alana has also won the second most critics circle awards for best actress she is definitely in contention more than Zelger.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Well considering Nicole Kidman stands at what 5’10″/5’11” and Lady Gaga is 5’1″, of course she looks up to Kidman.

s

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

the gag when all the other actresses attend CC’s only for Gaga Haim to win

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 871 through 885 (of 885 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 68)’ is closed to new replies.