Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 503 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
P(oweR) Valley
Babylonian

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

borisy
    Topics:

Why is the thought of Gaga winning a piece o metal so repulsive to these people? I really don’t get it, honestly

ejaru1810
    Topics:

Gaga is the frontrunner for the win right now, no one can deny that, and if she’s nominated on tuesday for the Oscar, she’ll be the frontrunner til she loses the BAFTA.

xohours
    Topics:

anyways back to the biggest adult drama film of the pandemic that continues to show tremendous longevity, still in the domestic daily Top 10 BO, which is extremely difficult to achieve, barely any single contendee can atest to this feat

Lucas
    Topics:

The Actress discussion between these guys was pretty on point:

GipJo
    Topics:

Why is the thought of Gaga winning a piece o metal so repulsive to these people? I really don’t get it, honestly

There are people who think she is fake, because Gaga loves to talk about the same topics during her campaign. You can watch the latest YTB video of GD channel, this female expert think she is totally fake because she “throwing buzz words around”. They think she just pretends to know about acting; They think she lies about her commitment of getting into character so people would believe her and vote her; they think she exaggerates her experience.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

The fact that y’all are making this thread about Film Twitter’s disapproval of Gaga’s performance and award show contention is the funny part. Who cares what they think and how is it relevant to her chances here? Not everybody is going to approve of a singer-turned-movie star winning the trophy. I’m sure there was a bit of snobbery during Cher’s heyday, too.

NikoRuscio
    Topics:

There are people who think she is fake, because Gaga loves to talk about the same topics during her campaign. You can watch the latest YTB video of GD channel, this female expert think she is totally fake because she “throwing buzz words around”. They think she just pretends to know about acting; They think she lies about her commitment of getting into character so people would believe her and vote her; they think she exaggerates her experience.

Anne Thomson is the fake here. Her comment was awful and bitter.

James Gibson
    Topics:

This level of denial from pundits en masse is pretty unprecedented, but I have seen a lot of users on here in previous years continue to undermine obvious frontrunners out of spite despite there being no signs of weakness, so on here it’s nothing new lol.

For example, in the 2019-2020 season, a lot of users on here continually undermined Dern’s chances at every precursor despite there being no signs at all that she would lose anything. The same happened for all four categories arguably in 2017-18, where it became pretty obvious that all four actors were going to sweep but people kept on inventing random upsets at precursors partially because it was a long season

You are right. This type of undermining is very common on forums and blogs where peope get bored midway thru the season and try overrationalize things that make no sense or evidence at all. Now these journalists and pundits usually do dumb reasoning but never discarded someone with so much going on for her. It’s becoming bizarre how there NEEDS to have an alternative for Gaga winning. You don’t need to call her a lock cause she isn’t but say “that’s not gonna happen”, what the fuck?
    This Tom comment is even more strange since he previously defended Rami Malek and Green Book’s wins so it’s not like he has highbrow taste, then why Gaga critically and audience acclaimed performance that is perfectly campaigned in the season becomes so difficult to predict? This year been over strange and Imma just sit out till the awards are close cause it has no sense anymore.

Münster
    Topics:

Anne Thomson is the fake here. Her comment was awful and bitter.

Didn’t Thompson interview her recently? Did she share any of thoughts about her to her face? No? That’s rather fake and hypocritical of Anne, isn’t it?

borisy
    Topics:

cause is so inconceivable that she actually studied film and acting. And I mean, every single actor is out there saying these “buzz words” but its only bad when she says it? I guess they just can’t accept she one of them.

GipJo
    Topics:

cause is so inconceivable that she actually studied film and acting. And I mean, every single actor is out there saying these “buzz words” but its only bad when she says it? I guess they just can’t accept she one of them.

Yes, some people have this weird superior feeling that actors are better than singers. The thought of a pop singer who used to be seen as a “shock value” getting into the holy grail business of acting (in their eyes) makes them mad. They won’t admit having these feelings, but it exists.

NikoRuscio
    Topics:

Didn’t Thompson interview her recently? Did she share any of thoughts about her to her face? No? That’s rather fake and hypocritical of Anne, isn’t it?

Of course! And the article was actually nice. I get that her favorite actress this year (Kristen) will probably be snubbed but why is she so negative about Gaga? That was a personal attack, she isn’t even talking about Gaga’s performance.

I’m a Gaga stan and i will be really happy if she wins for her great performance and she deserves it but i will be happier because she will prove them wrong.

sadins
    Topics:

Since 3 weeks are left before SAG voting closes, wondering if Gaga being the only one nominated at BAFTA between the 5 who made SAG is giving her an extra push with that group 🤔

Yes I believe it should have some sort of impact.

SAG aren’t exactly like CCA, but my personal belief is that there are people in every voting bodies who just vote to predict winner and brag about being on right side of history. And those type of voters will probably wait until Oscar nominations. If HOG gets in best picture, Gaga is undisputedly collecting those votes.

Lucas
    Topics:

Gaga simply loves her craft so much and is very passionate about it. And the industry knows it, they know she’s not a fake. She’s also not that well mentally, but that’s a whole other thing lol

I mean, the pictures of her last day in Italy. I love her sm

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)’ is closed to new replies.