Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 503 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
10 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
P(oweR) Valley
Babylonian

• Chocoesq
    Topics:

This level of denial from pundits en masse is pretty unprecedented, but I have seen a lot of users on here in previous years continue to undermine obvious frontrunners out of spite despite there being no signs of weakness, so on here it’s nothing new lol. For example, in the 2019-2020 season, a lot of users on here continually undermined Dern’s chances at every precursor despite there being no signs at all that she would lose anything. The same happened for all four categories arguably in 2017-18, where it became pretty obvious that all four actors were going to sweep but people kept on inventing random upsets at precursors partially because it was a long season

I think it goes beyond just denial. Pundits seem to be on a personal vendetta because Gaga is landing a nom, let alone might win. The “Gaga is so fake” comment from Anne Thompson of all people is just so…petty. You are a 60 year old supposed industry professional and your dislike of a performance doesn’t require you to to personally insult someone who gave you a lengthy interview.

M
    Topics:

Yeah Anne Thompson is being really shady recently. Like when Gaga made BAFTA she was like “oh it must be because of her big night in London”. Like why have to find new excuses everytime Gaga makes a precursor…

Babylonian
    Topics:

I think it goes beyond just denial. Pundits seem to be on a personal vendetta because Gaga is landing a nom, let alone might win. The “Gaga is so fake” comment from Anne Thompson of all people is just so…petty. You are a 60 year old supposed industry professional and your dislike of a performance doesn’t require you to to personally insult someone who gave you a lengthy interview.

The punditry this year has been very off and biased all around. I’m wondering if it is due to the pandemic. Anne Thompson and Sasha Stone dismissed Gaga due to playing an unlikable character, which while could be an obstacle is not always an issue. Pundits totally ignored? Gucci’s box office, and undermined Gaga’s NYFCC win to prop up KStew. And I’m sorry, but if actors get disqualified for Oscars by being fake then the nominations would be very different every year.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Plumpshell
    Topics:

Yeah Anne Thompson is being really shady recently. Like when Gaga made BAFTA she was like “oh it must be because of her big night in London”. Like why have to find new excuses everytime Gaga makes a precursor…

what big night in London?

TomJerry
    Topics:

There are too many trolls on this website.

Lol 🙁

I’m definitely not trolling. Like I haven’t been doing predictions for MONTHS in this website. Both on the music and film side. And I get it all right. Discussing music, films, etc. Ya’ll are just being ungrateful :((

These newly made accounts are exhausting. I’m probably doing too much favor for everyone. I absolutely give everything and I get none. I’m just taking it a easier on me now.

Anthagiox
    Topics:

All of Gaga’s so-called buzzwords and talking points are things she’s been talking about for years now. I don’t think these pundits realize how much media there is of her and how everything she says can be backed up with quotes from the past lol.

ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Lol 🙁

I’m definitely not trolling. Like I haven’t been doing predictions for MONTHS in this website. Both on the music and film side. And I get it all right. Discussing music, films, etc. Ya’ll are just being ungrateful :((

These newly made accounts are exhausting. I’m probably doing too much favor for everyone. I absolutely give everything and I get none. I’m just taking it a easier on me now.

Girl…that was not directed toward you 💀

LA26
    Topics:

Preview of the CBS Sunday Morning interview with Alana and her sisters

vernon1331
    Topics:

That fake comment from Anne Thompson  was such a low blow. If anything, Gaga always appears to be passionate when she talks  about her work, it’s always been that way about her music. Since when did commentary on Oscar predictions  become about personal attacks from the experts! This is very disappointing Gold Derby, you should remove her from this site! Furthermore, Anne is quite a hypocrite as the article she referenced in the video praised Gaga.

M
    Topics:

TomJerry
    Topics:

Girl…that was not directed toward you 💀

I’m tired. I’m exhausted.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

M
    Topics:

what big night in London?

HOG premiere. Apparently it guaranteed a BAFTA nomination lmao it’s that easy according to expert Anne Thompson.

LA26
    Topics:

The fact that y’all are making this thread about Film Twitter’s disapproval of Gaga’s performance and award show contention is the funny part. Who cares what they think and how is it relevant to her chances here?

She made SAG for actress and ensemble, Bafta top 2 and is locked for an Oscar nomination but some still look for reasons to complain.

It’s incredibly weak for an “expert” on Awards Season to go at any given contender personally because they didn’t like their performance and/or film. It’s one thing to go at them in private, but publicly? That’s way below the belt.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)’ is closed to new replies.