Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 475 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
TomJerry
P(oweR) Valley
Babylonian

• P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

If Stewart got into Best Actress she’d still be below Kidman and Colman.

Maybe, but not necessarily. If she makes it, she could pull a Regina King. All of this hypothetical, though.

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Babylonian
    Topics:

We are STILL painting Olivia Colman as the frontrunner despite the fact that she didn’t win jackshit and missed BAFTA (her major precursor that she was supposed to win). Meanwhile, they expect Gaga to miss despite being the only contender to hit every major precursor. This is peak clownery. The “experts” who write these outrageous predictions should probably apply for a job at McDonald’s because they are really bad at their job.

I don’t think she is a frontrunner, but her film getting a possible Adapted Screenplay nomination and being Netflix’s main priority in Best Actress automatically put her in the top four, if not three.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Kristen Stewart is a beloved actress with a previous strong reputation in the industry who won the Golden Globe?

No, she’s not. But like I said, if it’s a situation where Gaga somehow misses and Kristen shows up at the Oscars, it would indicate strong support. While Regina had more industry support prior to her win, the only place she showed up were Globes and Critics Choice and was snubbed by the industry-voted BAFTA and SAG. Like Kristen, Regina racked up a ton of critic awards. Not everything has to be exactly the same, and stop being defensive over people mentioning some possibilities. The nominations aren’t out yet.

LA26
    Topics:

Topics:

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Oh so you’re one of those pundits that have Kristen still on 1st and Gaga getting snubbed.

Lmfao at you calling me “Defensive” weren’t you actually insulting others and calling people “Delusional” for discussing the possibility of Benedict not being top 2? Works both ways, buddy.

I’m not a “pundit.” I’m just a poster on a forum stating my opinion.

And there was no “possibility” being discussed. It was said as a definite. So, it doesn’t “work both ways, buddy.”

Regardless of that, why are you mad about people mentioning Kristen or a possible Gaga snub? I’m actually predicting a Kristen snub and a Gaga nomination.

Topics:

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

No one is mad – you’re just making comparisons that make no sense. I just simply pointed out Regina and Kristen have absolutely no correlation with each other. It also wasn’t said as a definite; no one knows the top 2 votes.

Fine. I will continue to make the comparison. Like I said, not every situation needs to be EXACTLY the same. If Kristen somehow gets nominated and wins the Oscar, the closest similar situation would be Regina King. And I will continue to stand by that, whether it “makes sense” to you or not.

Babylonian
    Topics:

Maybe, but not necessarily. If she makes it, she could pull a Regina King. All of this hypothetical, though.

I mean Regina King won National Society of Film Critics, National Board of Review, Los Angeles Film Critics Association, Golden Globe, and the Critics Choice in a movie with more momentum than Spencer. If Kidman, Colman, Stewart, Haim and Chastain were nominated and Gaga was snubbed then Stewart would be like fourth at best.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Topics:

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

I never said she was the “new Regina King.” I simply said if Gaga misses somehow and Kristen makes it, she could pose a threat to Kidman. If she somehow wins, the closest comparison would be Regina King. Instead of getting defensive, read what’s there and address from there. I don’t even think Kristen will be nominated.

Topics:

Opium
    Topics:

Oh so you’re one of those pundits that have Kristen still on 1st and Gaga getting snubbed. And Regina won, unlike Kristen. There’s a reason why Nicole was the frontrunner for a while. Lmfao at you calling me “Defensive” weren’t you actually insulting others and calling people “Delusional” for discussing the possibility of Benedict not being top 2? Works both ways, buddy.

Don’t even bother, he’s a Gaga hater, he has been fuming also in the music section since Gaga and Tony Bennett album got tones of Grammy nominations, he punctually comes in here before awards nomination hopedicting Gaga snubs.

xohours
    Topics:

the fact that one would fathom to even compare Kristen’s situation to Regina’s… this site’s truly lost it

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 475 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 71)’ is closed to new replies.