Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 72)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 72)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 496 total)
Created
12 months ago
Last Reply
12 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
borisy
M
Babylonian

• boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

She is not a victim, sorry. None of the other frontrunners were saved by the Jury? Why should she have a special treatment? If anything, BAFTA would come off as biased if they started saving big names that are not POC or indie. The purpose of the jury is to support diversity and indie actresses, who usually don’t have as much buzz as the frontrunners.

istg i cant believe we circled back to this argument once again. i am not opposed the idea of jury i very much support it but i don’t like the wy they snub deserving people especially if its one of their own in order to gain more traction on social media

bobpix
    Topics:

Gaga or Haim winning BAFTA

sadins
    Topics:

Gaga and Colman rises.

This makes Gaga missing LFCC weird and Colman missing BAFTA weird (although she was probably #3).  Not good for Kidman who may or may not have been #4.

rue
    Topics:

When the real stat was winning LFCC and BAFTA wasn’t relevant at all actually and Olivia wins with it being her only precursor!

Want Want by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

sadins
    Topics:

TLD and BTR were released just around voting period, you can’t get any better momentum than that. Especially if the movie is easily accessible on a streaming service like Netflix

The Northman
    Topics:

Gaga and Colman rises. This makes Gaga missing LFCC weird and Colman missing BAFTA weird (although she was probably #3). Not good for Kidman who may or may not have been #4.

Kidman has won 2 times LFCC, Actress of the Year. Only Frances has won 3 times and that’s all-time record. They don’t give 3rd win easily there.

Babylonian
    Topics:

So Olivia Colman was probably #3 in voting? This is bad news for Kidman.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

xohours
    Topics:

Gaga and Colman rises. This makes Gaga missing LFCC weird and Colman missing BAFTA weird (although she was probably #3). Not good for Kidman who may or may not have been #4.

i don’t think LFCC members are fond of Gaga, they snubbed her ASIB also

cinetastic
    Topics:

Gaga and Colman’s performances impressed me more than Kidman’s. So, I wouldn’t mind much if she gets snubbed, even though I love Kidman.

Farix
    Topics:

in your dreams

In your nightmares, indeed.

M
    Topics:

istg i cant believe we circled back to this argument once again. i am not opposed the idea of jury i very much support it but i don’t like the wy they snub deserving people especially if its one of their own in order to gain more track on social media

I mean you can get rid of the jury if you want, but then you shouldn’t complain when it’s a repeat of the Golden Globes nominees. And that’s fine I guess.

But if there is jury, Colman as much of a “victim” as Kidman, Chastain and Stewart. Because if you miss top 2, you no longer have a right to be nominated, it’s going to come down to the jury and their intended mission of supporting diversity and indie work.

borisy
    Topics:

Good for Gaga

Govrnmentjudas
    Topics:

Colman winning LFCC despite not getting a BAFTA nod is helping gaga’s chances of winning the BAFTA

boredandricho (they/them)
    Topics:

I mean you can get rid of the jury if you want, but then you shouldn’t complain when it’s a repeat of the Golden Globes nominees. And that’s fine I guess. But if there is jury, Colman as much of a “victim” as Kidman, Chastain and Stewart. Because if you miss top 2, you no longer have a right to be nominated, it’s going to come down to the jury and their intended mission of supporting diversity and indie work.

i literally never complained about that but you do you

borisy
    Topics:

So Olivia Colman was probably #3 in voting? This is bad news for Kidman.

Don’t think there much correlation since Alana and Gaga missed there

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 72)’ is closed to new replies.