Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 72)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 72)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 496 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
borisy
M
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

As much as I like Olivia Colman, can she do a project that’s not Oscar bait?

Huh? TLD is not Oscar bait. Let’s not forget Colman is competing against 4 actor Oscar bait performances all in biopics.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Govrnmentjudas
    Topics:

Is there an overlap of voters between Lfcc and bafta? Or they are totally different body of voters?

^^ this is what im wondering too but from what ive heard there isnt an overlap of voters

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Huh? TLD is not Oscar bait. Let’s not forget Colman is competing against 4 actor Oscar bait performances all in biopics.

I would say 2: Chastain and Kidman (not counting Hudson since she’s unlikely)

Gaga’s character is an unlikeable convicted murderer. I don’t think it’s exactly Oscar bait. Best Actress performances like these tend to lose actually.

And Kristen’s portrayal of Princess Diana is too provocative and imaginary to be considered Oscar bait. And it’s exactly why she’s underperforming.

I think for me previous Oscar bait performances are like Judy, The Iron Lady, the kind of traditional safe takes on beloved icons, and obviously the likeability of the character plays a major role in why they win.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

If there is a low overlap between LFCC jury and Bafta members, I have a hard time seeing how Olivia’s LFCC win indicates that she’s no.3 in voting. Also I doubt that LFCC has this undeniable influence on Bafta voters like many have claimed. If you look at the past 5 LFCC best actors and Bafta best actors overlap, it goes 2/5.

I’m not even counting the supporting categories since people keep saying supporting and leading are two different games. But in case anyone’s curious, last year LFCC got 1/4 acting winners at Bafta, only Frances. Eventual Bafta winners Kaluuya and Yaon Yuh-Jung weren’t even nominated by LFCC.

Profile picture
    The Girls' Room
    Topics:

I would say 2: Chastain and Kidman (not counting Hudson since she’s unlikely) Gaga’s character is an unlikeable convicted murderer. I don’t think it’s exactly Oscar bait. Best Actress performances like these tend to lose actually. And Kristen’s portrayal of Princess Diana is too provocative and imaginary to be considered Oscar bait. And it’s exactly why she’s underperforming. I think for me previous Oscar bait performances are like Judy, The Iron Lady, the kind of traditional safe takes on beloved icons, and obviously the likeability of the character plays a major role in why they win.

watch I May Destroy You

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I can’t believe some film twitter people are predicting Chastain and KStew over Colman. But that’s not gonna happen lol. She’s not missing. If she made SAG of all places, over much more SAG-baity performances, the Oscars are for sure nominating her. Her missing BAFTA only confirms that she’s not top 2. It doesn’t mean that she’s not close.

Profile picture
    Govrnmentjudas
    Topics:

I would say 2: Chastain and Kidman (not counting Hudson since she’s unlikely) Gaga’s character is an unlikeable convicted murderer. I don’t think it’s exactly Oscar bait. Best Actress performances like these tend to lose actually. And Kristen’s portrayal of Princess Diana is too provocative and imaginary to be considered Oscar bait. And it’s exactly why she’s underperforming. I think for me previous Oscar bait performances are like Judy, The Iron Lady, the kind of traditional safe takes on beloved icons, and obviously the likeability of the character plays a major role in why they win.

charlize theron won for playing a serial killer so im not sure if any of this truly matters that much

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I don’t think M knows who Thatcher was…

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Older generations love her. And they make up the majority of the voters, so…

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

Lol. In all fairness though, they did whitewash the living fuck out of that evil witch. That movie was a total abomination.

Profile picture
    Ivan Ranjit
    Topics:

Yikes, Margaret Thatcher, a beloved icon!!!!??? She’s one of the most hated politicians in modern history.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

lets not exaggerate pls

Profile picture
    Münster
    Topics:

No they don’t. The upper class do, so basically 90% of British film industry.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

The most Oscar designed performance this year is Jessica Chastain in the Tammy Faye, it has all these Oscar cliches. Voice alteration or accents is liked by voters, Gaga Italian accent, Kidman cigarette voice, Chastain chipmunk voice etc.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 496 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 72)’ is closed to new replies.