Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
BigJay2012
ejaru1810
  • Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Not sure that’s for you to confirm.

Not sure you need to be liking your own posts, but here we are.

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Not sure you need to be liking your own posts, but here we are.

Don’t judge me when your picture is Gaga who flopped today. Be gone stan.

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

I think Gaga turned off voters this past past couple of weeks with her excessive campaigning and her being method or her going mental because of a performance. I myself think Gaga is overrated as an actress she did not even deserve her nom for ASIB (emoting not acting).

Profile picture
    AmazingAmy
    Topics:

It’s pretty obvious that everything is in place for a Nicole Kidman win. Being the Ricardo’s over-performed with those JK and Javier nominations. Clearly the academy has a lot of passion for the acting in the film, with Nicole leading the way.

If her main competition is Olivia, I’d look at the characters…Olivia plays an unlikeable woman while Nicole plays a loved icon, she’s winning this.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

yet i am extremely happy that she was snubbed owing to the toxicity and the vitriol that her fans were spewing. I mean dragging Madonna? Well HoG will forever be her Evita now. And all those comments about how the industry “totally” wants to “reward” her….yeah right.

The difference between Gaga and Madonna is still that one of them is an Oscar nominee/winner and the other isn’t.

Madonna’s acting career is still a joke and she only has one hit movie to speak of in numerous attempts. Gaga being snubbed today doesn’t change that lol

Profile picture
    krisden25
    Topics:

My fellow Kstew stans let’s all sing We are the champions to celebrate Kristen James Stewart

I think Gaga turned off voters this past past couple of weeks with her excessive campaigning and her being method or her going mental because of a performance. I myself think Gaga is overrated as an actress she did not even deserve her nom for ASIB (emoting not acting).

If excessive campaigning pissed the voters off, then Nicole and Kristen would’ve been snubbed because they were doing it, too.

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

For now, I think all of the nominees have a real shot, though I personally think Cruz isn’t getting it for obvious reasons, and Chastain needs the SAG win.

Nicole has the Globe and AACTA + supporting acting nominations, Stewart has passion and lots of regional wins(they ARE relevant), and Colman is the awards darling that can totally win in a split-field. If Kidman gets SAG, though, she’s probably winning.

The Academy just hated HoG. That’s it. It’s got nothing to do with the voters having vendettas out for actors or anything. They just loathed the film.

Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Tbh, Gaga’s acting improved so much from ASIB to Gucci. I don’t like her acting in ASIB but feel truly impressed by her this year when watching Gucci. She needs to be in a good film and please… don’t do too many campaigns next time. I’m her fan but I’ll admit she can be really cringeworthy in interviews and award speeches. Chastain from a bad film still got in while Gaga didn’t. They clearly have something personal against Gaga.

They probably don’t honestly. And I’ll never understand what Gaga fans have against ASIB, her performance is so genuine, heartfelt and many levels above her performance in HoG, she sang her ass off, the songs are iconic, the movie will be remembered for ages, the entire cast was on the same page, the script felt fully formed/coherent and Cooper did a great job directing it. While HoG will be remembered as a good performance from Gaga in a movie that was really messy and that did not live up to her potential. I hope people see this one day.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman winning would be just so fucking horrendous. We need Cruz or Colman to save us from what could be one of the worst Oscar wins in this category in a long time.

oh i see you just started posting! Are you are a mad Gaga fan?

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

So we can finally admit Gaga’s NYFCC was payola and Cruz/Reinsve deserved to win right?

what stopped Stewart from winning it? Y’all need to stop acting like Gaga didn’t get raves. Gaga got way better reviews than Kidman, and she deserved all that she got

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can see anyone in this category win.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Welcome to the 5 nomination club, Nicole!! Hopefully Viola Davis will be joining you this time next year for the The Woman King!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)’ is closed to new replies.