Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
BigJay2012
ejaru1810
  • Profile picture
    brenolimsta
    Topics:

If excessive campaigning pissed the voters off, then Nicole and Kristen would’ve been snubbed because they were doing it, too.

they were not saying things like “PATRIZIA WAS WITH ME”, “a bunch of flies followed me and I felt it was Patrizia”, or screaming in front of the pleace where Gucci was murdered and being COMPLETELY over the top tho. it must have turned everyone off. Academy likes campaingning, but they hate when it’s crazy (and Hudson is also an example this year)

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

The real winner today is my productivity. I won’t be spending as much time on these forums anymore trying to predict and discuss when it all goes out the window in the end. Gaga, Denis, Balfe missing after very strong showing at the precursors. And Negga only missed CCA? And they nominate Judi Dench instead which made no precursors I think?

What’s the point of wasting time. The main takeaway is that vet actors still have the upper hand. BAFTA showed itself as more open to embracing newcomers or outsiders but the Oscars were nope. The BAFTA top 2 missing completely here is just wild. Even the filler/surprise nominees in the other categories were all old vet actors. Not Mike Faist, Not Jamie Dornan, they had to go with J.K Simmons.

And the Denis snub, as usual the directing branch feels threatened by directors who manage to pull off a massive commercial success and acclaim combination?

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Spain should have submitted Parallel Mothers and not The Good Boss. It might have got nominated for International Film and bettered Cruz’s chances.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

Alana :(((

But Kristen and Olivia!!

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Coolcat
    Topics:

So many excellent female performances this year. Snubbed or nominated this was a really competitive season in the best actress race.

Profile picture
    PeytonKawai for Dame Kate Winslet
    Topics:

The real winner today is my productivity. I won’t be spending as much time on these forums anymore trying to predict and discuss when it all goes out the window in the end. Gaga, Denis, Balfe missing after very strong showing at the precursors. And Negga only missed CCA? And they nominate Judi Dench instead which made no precursors I think?

What’s the point of wasting time. The main takeaway is that vet actors still have the upper hand. BAFTA showed itself as more open to embracing newcomers or outsiders but the Oscars were nope. The BAFTA top 2 missing completely here is just wild. Even the filler/surprise nominees in the other categories were all old vet actors. Not Mike Faist, Not Jamie Dornan, they had to go with J.K Simmons.

Dench won AACTA lol

PICTURE: The Power of the Dog & Belfast
    DIRECTOR: Dame Jane Campion
    ACTRESS: Kristen Stewart
    ACTOR: Benedict Cumberbatch
    SUP ACTRESS: Ariana DeBose & Kirsten Dunst
    SUP ACTOR: Kodi Smit-McPhee

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Congratulations Olivia Colman on your 2nd Oscar win!

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

This makes no sense. This was a vote to get nominated not to win. If your theory was true then they’d nominated her and then not vote her to win. HOG was hated by the Academy. Simple. It got 1 nomination.

It was her second major role. They blocked her. You must not agree with me

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    Jason Travis
    Topics:

Also this is proof that the Academy has NO problem having an all white Best Actress line up. Just for future reference

Shame on you. That is disgusting.

The nominees are ACTORS who did amazing jobs this year. Why does it matter that no black actress made it? Penelope Cruz isn’t 100% white either. If you’re referring to no black actors- Jennifer Hudson was a long shot at best, as was Thompson. There are two (2) black actors in Best Actor, Bardem is a Spanish actor, Ariana Debose is African American mixed with Italian.

Why drag this unnecessary and TIRED topic up just to get your shares and likes? Go watch the performances nominated and then report back. But YOU sir are being racist by making those comments.

Kudos to the amazing 5 women nominated for lead actress this morning. Your WORK got you cited, not the color of your skin.

Follow Me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jasonmovieguy
    17K Subscribers, 33 Million Views

FYC: Rachel Zegler, West Side Story/Drive My Car for Best Picture

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Dench won AACTA lol

Yeah, but does that even count as a precursor? I think she missed CCA, GG, SAG and BAFTA?

The point is, they just namechecked her.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

And the Denis snub, as usual the directing branch feels threatened by directors who manage to pull off a massive commercial success and acclaim combination?

BAFTA is only acceptable to newcomers due to the jury. We don’t know what that final list would have looked like without it.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

Gaga’s snub is unprecedented right? I don’t think there’s ever been a scenario where an actress got in all the precursors but not the oscars…

It’s a bigger snub than Amy Adams for Arrival. I’m shocked she didn’t get nominated (especially after making Bafta top 2).

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Haim was a jury pick at BAFTA.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Yeah, but does that even count as a precursor? I think she missed CCA, GG, SAG and BAFTA? The point is, they just namechecked her.

Yes AACTA is a fantastic precursor. They foreshadowed Cruz all along and went 3/5 with the Oscars (same as SAG) predicting Kidman, Cruz, and Stewart. It was both Cruz and Stewart’s AACTA nomination that showed international support despite their misses at BAFTA.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

When i said BAFTA wouldn’t always predict the Oscars, y’all rebuked me. See now.

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)’ is closed to new replies.