Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 503 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
BigJay2012
ejaru1810
  • Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

This is a big slap to precursors. I don’t think we can indicate anything from them anymore. Also a HUGE SLAP FOR MGM for trying to push 3 actresses at the same time. While I’m sad that Gaga missed, I am happy that Cruz pulled the most unbelievable upset. PM is a movie that deserves more attention and love. IDK if she’s win competitive, considering her film is not on many categories. But if she could do this, she has the power to win. LG had a good run still. Despite no nomination at the Oscar, she got noms at SAG and Bafta, also good recognitions to her second movie. I hope she choose a better script next time.

Gaga carried this film to that BAFTAs Lead Actress nomination.  It was also big hit in the box office and she won two critics awards(NYFFC, Iowa). Maybe this snub will make BAFTAs voters to go behind her, just like Oscar voters went behind Stewart after she was snubbed at the SAG.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

It’s pretty obvious that everything is in place for a Nicole Kidman win. Being the Ricardo’s over-performed with those JK and Javier nominations. Clearly the academy has a lot of passion for the acting in the film, with Nicole leading the way.

If her main competition is Olivia, I’d look at the characters…Olivia plays an unlikeable woman while Nicole plays a loved icon, she’s winning this.

Thought only the acting branch votes for acting nominees but the winner is voted on by the entire membership? Or have they changed the rules

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Imagine Gaga winning SAG and BAFTA now…

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Do these stats even matter anymore lmao? Also BTR won Best Screenplay there and didn’t even get nominated at the Oscars. Cruz is the first person to get nominated here without any precursors in 14 years. So I think it’s time we accept that this kind of stats don’t matter. At the end of the day, the academy will nominate whoever they want. And we’re wasting time trying to come up with these theories. Watch Stewart probably win in the end lmao

The screenplay lone nom always happens and Sorkin was easily the most replaceable there. It is in acting categories, AACTA is foretelling things way before sometimes.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Rooting for a Guillermo del Toro & Lady Gaga project next, anyone?

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I think she has a shot at BAFTAs, since no other actress is nominated for an Oscar there.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Thought only the acting branch votes for acting nominees but the winner is voted on by the entire membership? Or have they changed the rules

They did not change the rules. The writers branch rejected the movie and so did the general membership in Picture. ASIB also got 3 acting nominations and it didn’t help anyone’s case for winning.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

She was not let’s stop kidding ourselves. It’s just that BAFTA are more open to nominating young/new actors. It’s a pattern. You can see their previous nominations even before the jury.

Yes, but those young/new actors are usually in overlooked films like when Jesse Buckley was nominated for Wild Rose.

Haim was a jury pick just like Emilia Jones.

Profile picture
    krisden25
    Topics:

Btw, Kristen is the only first time nominee among all the others lead actors and actresses

Profile picture
    GWalters
    Topics:

Kidman is the strongest to win right now. Since Simmons and Bardem are both nominated for BTR but won’t win in their categories, Oscar voters will feel obliged to vote for Kidman.

This is the best revenge for Kidman after being slammed on social media for almost a year since being cast as Lucille and now she can literally say to every one of those haters to kiss her ass cause she’s been nominated for a freaking Oscar!

Let’s see if Debra Messing will publicly congratulate Kidman after publicly endorsing those hateful tweets against her…

Profile picture
    asyrafgrande
    Topics:

mean nothing. if that what you imagine.

Profile picture
    Rynd_Rawikara
    Topics:

only the acting branch votes for acting nominees but the winner is voted on by the entire membership

this is still the rule I think

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

Maybe this snub will make BAFTAs voters to go behind her

I highly doubt it. HoG is just not a winning vehicle. I can see Alana Haim or Renate Reinsve taking it. Bafta is more friendly to less recognized/famous actors all along.

Profile picture
    AmazingAmy
    Topics:

Your favorites are not “due” an Oscar nomination or win, give me a break. Look at the amazing list of actresses who have given so many iconic performances and put in the work for decades but hasn’t won yet (ex. Glenn Close and Amy Adams).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)’ is closed to new replies.