Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 503 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
BigJay2012
ejaru1810
  • Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

We have two stats, not yet broken

No Actress has won an Oscar without a SAG nom

No Actress has won an Oscar without an AACTA international actress nom

Is Kidman winning the Oscar ?

(Her SAG competition missed AACTA)

Profile picture
    MarinaBelo2
    Topics:

Gaga being snubbed is hardly surprising when other über famous celebrities like JLo, J-Aniston and Oprah were all snubbed before when they were in contention. Actually, the fact she made the BAFTA shortlist is the most shocking aspect of this race. It’s like they snubbed all her competition just to make sure she wins it, or that the jury nominated her just because she’s popular. If it wasn’t for that, this snub would’ve been totally expected for anyone who doesn’t blindly stan her. Regardless of the merits of her performance, she kind of fits the mold.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

We have two stats, not yet broken No Actress has won an Oscar without a SAG nom No Actress has won an Oscar without an AACTA international actress nom Is Kidman winning the Oscar ? (Her SAG competition missed AACTA)

Also, no one has won the Oscar without winning one of SAG/BAFTA since they became precursors

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

We have two stats, not yet broken No Actress has won an Oscar without a SAG nom No Actress has won an Oscar without an AACTA international actress nom Is Kidman winning the Oscar ? (Her SAG competition missed AACTA)

These stats don’t mean much this year. I think Kidman is well positioned, but almost anyone could win.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Lil Tony
    Topics:

I neither agree with you or your (delusional) logic. The same Academy who don’t want Gaga to win is happy to let Ariana Debose win who’s been in less films than Gaga?

Supporting actress isn’t best actress. If she was supporting, Gaga would have won it in 2019

Anticipate "Hold My hand".

Lady Gaga is a genius

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

I think Joanna Scanlan will win BAFTA.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Kidman is the strongest to win right now. Since Simmons and Bardem are both nominated for BTR but won’t win in their categories, Oscar voters will feel obliged to vote for Kidman.

Nobody feels obliged to vote for anyone.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Shame on you. That is disgusting.

The nominees are ACTORS who did amazing jobs this year. Why does it matter that no black actress made it? Penelope Cruz isn’t 100% white either. If you’re referring to no black actors- Jennifer Hudson was a long shot at best, as was Thompson. There are two (2) black actors in Best Actor, Bardem is a Spanish actor, Ariana Debose is African American mixed with Italian.

Why drag this unnecessary and TIRED topic up just to get your shares and likes? Go watch the performances nominated and then report back. But YOU sir are being racist by making those comments.

Kudos to the amazing 5 women nominated for lead actress this morning. Your WORK got you cited, not the color of your skin.

WTF are you talking about and how are you this obtuse?

For a few years now people have been saying that AMPAS has a POC SLOT that will be filled every year.. My point was that they will nominate who they WANT to nominate and that they have no problem having the BA category all white….if that’s who they THINK should be nominated.

What part are you not comprehending?

Profile picture
    tom92
    Topics:

Supporting actress isn’t best actress. If she was supporting, Gaga would have won it in 2019

Sure! Say whatever makes you sleep well at night.

Stewart might win on her first nomination whilst Gaga got snubbed. Enjoy that thought.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

As a Gaga fan, I want to congratulate Kristen Stewart – first openly-engaged in a same-sex marriage lead actresses nominee! This is a WIN for the LGBTQ community. Kristen Stewart and Ariana Debose making LGBTQ history.

Profile picture
    reelflickbuff
    Topics:

Also Spaniards are not Latinos.

Correct. Penelope Cruz is a white Hispanic – born in Europe and native Spanish speaker. I am an American, but also a white Latino – born in Latin America and native Spanish speaker.

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

Sad that Gaga is out. Delighted Nicole has made it. Happy that Stewart is in, even though she doesn’t make my list, because I think this is a huge stepping stone for her career and I really like her generally.

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

These stats don’t mean much this year. I think Kidman is well positioned, but almost anyone could win.

I agree, but let’s not forget the other girls were snubbed from BAFTAs while Kidman is the Globe winner in a film that has 2 SAG noms and 3 Acting noms, these stats tell me Actors will support Kidman. Looking how the other departments will vote, I still think they will support Kidman. BTR made PGA and WGA. It didn’t make Oscars picture, but in producers is higher.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I think she has a shot at BAFTAs, since no other actress is nominated for an Oscar there.

Well since they don’t need to prove precursor value, hopefully they vote for the most British and unknown deserving.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Now watch the Oscars getting Gaga to present Best Actress

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 503 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 74)’ is closed to new replies.