Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 75)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 75)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 543 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
Babylonian
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Best Actress Contender Strength by Zodiac Sign:

1. Penelope Cruz – Taurus (12 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign)

2. Jessica Chastain – Aries (11 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign)

3. Kristen Stewart – Aries (11 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign)

4. Nicole Kidman – Gemini (4 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign)

5. Olivia Colman – Aquarius (2 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign)

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Two Best Actress nominations for Gaga for her first two films would have been overload to some folks in the industry. Even Cher missed a nod for Mask before getting her second nomination and eventual first & only win.

Profile picture
    Baroque
    Topics:

Best Actress Contender Strength by Zodiac Sign: 1. Penelope Cruz – Taurus (12 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign) 2. Jessica Chastain – Aries (11 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign) 3. Kristen Stewart – Aries (11 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign) 4. Nicole Kidman – Gemini (4 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign) 5. Olivia Colman – Aquarius (2 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign)

lmao I love this. Please do it for the other categories.

FYC: 🐕 & 🐖

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Best Actress Contender Strength by Zodiac Sign: 1. Penelope Cruz – Taurus (12 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign) 2. Jessica Chastain – Aries (11 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign) 3. Kristen Stewart – Aries (11 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign) 4. Nicole Kidman – Gemini (4 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign) 5. Olivia Colman – Aquarius (2 Best Actress Winners Have This Sign)

Funny that the Spaniard is a bull sign 🙂

Honeys, leave Tony alone. Who saw Gaga’s miss coming? Now that is probably the biggest shock I’ve seen in Oscar history.

Their attitude was insufferable for weeks and you can’t expect people not to revel in a little shadenfreude come on.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Farix
    Topics:

Two Best Actress nominations for Gaga for her first two films would have been overload to some folks in the industry. Even Cher missed a nod for Mask before getting her second nomination and eventual first & only win.

The pop star bias is real. It’s sad.

Profile picture
    esteban
    Topics:

It would be only appropriate for Anthony Hopkins to hand Oscar to Olivia Colman 🙂

When he declines to attend and it’s Frances who hands the Oscar to Olivia… again.

Profile picture
    Ultraww17
    Topics:

Jessica and Penelope facetimed each other after finding out they were nominated and Olivia. And Jessica and Andrew congratulated each other.

Profile picture
    rue
    Topics:

And Olivia was one of the Aquarius’ herself

FYC:
    That's Where I Am by Maggie Rogers - Song of the Year, Record of the Year, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Music Video, Best Country Song, Best Melodic Rap Performance, Best Traditional R&B Performance, Best Country Solo Performance, Best Rap Solo Performance, Best Metal Performance, Best Rock Song, Best American Roots Performance

Profile picture
    Aint2Proud2Beg
    Topics:

I’m rooting for Kristen, Penelope or Jessica. I wouldn’t mind Olivia but her work in TLD isn’t anything special enough to warrant a 2nd Oscar this soon. Nicole Kidman and her movie were hot garbage; I’ll pretend she won for something else if she does win.

THIS!!!

She can hardly emote anymore with all the toxins she has pumped in her face.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Multi-Grammy Winning Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - This Is Us
    - Stranger Things
    - Reservation Dogs

Profile picture
    yoseligo
    Topics:

Penelope campaigned hard for this even when she got snubbed at GG and SAG, even just look at her presence in this page.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

The way everything has been going weird this season, from Stewart snubbed at SAG and Colman at BAFTAs. In any other year, I would tell you Colman would win this if she was BAFTAs nominated, but no. The race will be decided on SAG night, Feb.27th. Reading the articles, most people think Kidman is winning this year.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

okay, but in all seriousness..

Kirsten Stewart getting nominated in .. un-fucking-real

her performance in Spencer was my absolute favorite of last year and I’m beyond thankful the Academy pulled through for her

On a personal level, as a Gay man, seeing an openly Gay woman being nominated in the Best Actress category is so refreshing, but also seeing her nominated for playing the ICON that is Princess Diana .. I will forever love Princess Di for who she was but especially her advocacy for the treatment towards those who battled HIV/AIDS.

now PLEASE AMPAS do what the Emmys couldn’t and give us the Queer Actress Playing Princess Diana win we deserved !!

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - This Is Us
    - Stranger Things
    - Reservation Dogs

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

I’m totally going delusional over this but .. is there a way the Copy Cat Critics Choice Awards give their win to Stewart as their way of saying “hey look aren’t we cool we chose the cool underdog actress as our winner”

FYC:
    - Squid Game
    - Severance
    - This Is Us
    - Stranger Things
    - Reservation Dogs

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

I’m on cloud nine and still so happy for Pénélope Cruz, she deserves it. She is my favorite among the nominees. Just saw the articles coming in from the most shocking snubs and all the journalists are throwing shade at Gaga for her agressive campaign.

As Patrizia Reggiani, Lady Gaga played an Italian woman who married into the Gucci family and orchestrated the murder of her husband. Gaga campaigned ferociously for the Oscar — and she was the only actress who had picked up every precursor, as a nominee for the BAFTA, Critics’ Choice Award, Golden Globe and SAG. But alas, Gaga came up short in the end with Oscar voters. Her snub was the biggest of the morning.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 75)’ is closed to new replies.