Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 75)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 75)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 543 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
Babylonian
wattsgold
  • Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

Seriously. Gaga is a legend regardless of what happened. She’s gonna be fine, and so are her fans. It’s gonna take a long time for the fans to get over it, but they’ll be fine.

People acting like she died lol, and she was probably 6th anyways

industry loves her as we saw the last few months and probably are showering her with scripts, she just need to pick a better vehicle next time.

hope this makes her go even harder in the acting game

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Anyway, I hope Kristen wins mainly because of the underdog narrative that has built from the GG loss and the SAG/BAFTA snubs. Her winning despite that would be such an incredible story.

She might go broke though if she throws more bones for the Film Twitter twinks.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    Eve Harrington
    Topics:

Over the past few months, I hate to mute/unfollow some many people from film twitter. The pettiness, the messiness, just nothing short of primary school behavior. They have way too much time on their hands to interact/bait the trolls and the stans. They should be watching and reviewing more movies instead. I don’t know where Im gonna get my news from now. But at least, thank god Film Updates always keeps it professional. And I’m shocked that people are still doing it even today. Move on. Focus on the performances that are actually nominated.

The way I ignore people left and right everywhere here too. I don’t hate muting/ignoring though, it makes my life easier.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

I wouldn’t mind the snub if Gaga had missed a key precursor, but WTF happened to BAFTA? Who could’ve predicted that they’d go 0/5 for the first time since 1987?

It is the jury system. I suspected it could happen. Best Actress is the only category it happened under the new system with 0 overlap with Oscars line-up. In this race, BAFTAs has no weight, I think the CC award being same date with BAFTA could be the influencer in the category for final voting.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

InB4 Olivia Colman beats another Diana actress…

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

This race really turned wild so I tried to List Actresses based on precursors 1. Nicole Kidman (GG(w),CC,SAG,AACTA(w)) 2. Olivia Colman (GG, CC, SAG) 3. Jessica Chastain (GG, CC, SAG) 4. Kristen Stewart (GG, CC, AACTA) 5. Penelope Cruz (AACTA)

Fair analysis. Sad to see Gaga’s name not there. Gaga’s stans have been great, even after securing the BAFTA nod, they kept saying it’s between Gaga and Kidman. At least she would make the race more interesting than the spot fillers (Kristen and Penelope).

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Gaga stans get called “toxic” for saying they prefer Gaga to another Best Actress contender lol. Just say you only want people to agree with you on KStew and leave.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Thiago
    Topics:

Honestly, the thing that annoyed me the most was Gaga’s stans picking on everyone that took her out of their predictions, then, after Bafta, on everyone that didn’t put her in 1st place.

People have the right to predict whoever they want, using whatever logic they see fit.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Gaga has really proven her self in House of Gucci. I think she may feel bit left out by the snub, but she got a BAFTAs nomination, the British equivalent to  Oscar, she was also nominated for AACTA, the Australian equivalent to Oscar. It was just a super competitive year in the category and many divisive films, you didn’t know what the final line-up would end up with.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

I don’t have a particular dog in this category’s race but I have a weird feeling Stewart is taking this. Upsetting Kidman.

Just putting it on record

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

She might go broke though if she throws more bones for the Film Twitter twinks.

Jeez you’re trying to hard with Cruz and Stewart.

Kidman is in. What’s your problem? Are you just naturally mental? Do you even believe the shit you write?

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Gaga’s not nominated so can we move on discussing her it’s no point you guys are waisting your energy at this point. Next topic please ?????

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Gaga’s not nominated so can we move on discussing her it’s no point you guys are waisting your energy at this point. Next topic please ?????

Let’s the discuss the race Gaga isn’t in the race anywhere so it’s a waste of pages and thread talking about someone who can’t win.

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

An Oscar winner and 3x nominee incl for Acting. 2x Razzie winner Brittany Spears was blacklisted from Hollywood after 1 movie due to lack of talent, and less said about Madonna’s joke film “career” the better. I know it hurts but hiding behind K-Stew won’t help, suburban!

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

Anyway, I hope Kristen wins mainly because of the underdog narrative that has built from the GG loss and the SAG/BAFTA snubs. Her winning despite that would be such an incredible story.

Also if I’m not mistaken, she’ll become the first openly gay actress to do so, I’m here for it! I absolutely love Nicole and respect Olivia but their win will be most boring thing ever happened, especially for dat kind of movies. I don’t feel Chastain at all, sorry but “try hard” camp is not my cup of tea. Also wouldn’t mind Penelope to win.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 543 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 75)’ is closed to new replies.