Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 77)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 77)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 516 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Cinema2050
The Northman
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Except Bohemian Rhapsody won ACE Drama which was voted by editors. Perplexing, I agree.

By the knowledge of this fact alone,I’ve lost a bit of respect for the Editors branch.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

No shade im still laughing at alot of you gold derby user gaga was the only actress nominated at bafta yall made her a 3 second frontrunner. And bafta went 0 for 0 with the oscar lead actress. Now maybe next award season we don’t have to here about how powerful bafta is.

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, could we just take a moment to admire about how great this year lineup is?

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION

Michelle Yeoh, Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Tang Wei, Decision To Leave
    Rebecca Hall, Resurrection

James Hong & Jamie Lee Curtis, Everything Everywhere All At Once

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

She’s coming to have the same trajectory of Marcia Gay Harden 

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

Darling, could we just take a moment to admire about how great this year lineup is?

Darling don’t play clownery with KStew coz clown is always ready to bite 😛

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car 🚗
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    VictorVincent
    Topics:

Hey Carlos I still have to see Parallel Mothers

Of the other 4 actresses who is your 2nd spot pick?

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

With no overlap with BAFTA this year I think the British voters will consolidate around Colman.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

No shade im still laughing at alot of you gold derby user gaga was the only actress nominated at bafta yall made her a 3 second frontrunner. And bafta went 0 for 0 with the oscar lead actress. Now maybe next award season we don’t have to here about how powerful bafta is.

Yes BAFTA is too overrated lately by Oscar pundits although they always pick the work known to their local community. Golden Globe remains the main road to the Oscar.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Kidman is coming for her 2nd Oscar!!! Hope Blanchett and Kidman can have wine together with the same amount of Oscars won!

That means 12 ounces of wine for each.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Yes BAFTA is too overrated lately by Oscar pundits although they always pick the work known to their local community. Golden Globe remains the main road to the Oscar.

Very overrated by pundits and gold derby. Its the award show with the most Oscar voter overlap so im not confused on why someone would be tricked into thinking bafta has all this power. But still academy voters are gonna do whatever they want.

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Very overrated by pundits and gold derby. Its the award show with the most Oscar voter overlap so im not confused on why someone would be tricked into thinking bafta has all this power. But still academy voters are gonna do whatever they want.

BAFTA has been very reliable though? The jury complicates things, but look at how much crossover there was last year between Bafta/Oscar winners.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

The membership/jury system in acting categories for BAFTAs make it unreliable to use it for Oscars predictions, not only due to the fact the voting takes places long before Oscars first round voting for these so called membership top2, but because the juries can put multiple names that seem Oscar contenders while they are not(Ruth Negga and Caitriona Balfe, Irish actresses).

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

Hey Carlos I still have to see Parallel Mothers Of the other 4 actresses who is your 2nd spot pick?

My second choice would be Olivia Colman, she’s great in TLD. I’m hoping for Penélope to win but I like all the nominees, it’s really a great category.

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

BAFTA has been very reliable though? The jury complicates things, but look at how much crossover there was last year between Bafta/Oscar winners.

There taste was just matching. But still the academy still doing what they want.

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

My second choice would be Olivia Colman, she’s great in TLD. I’m hoping for Penélope to win but I like all the nominees, it’s really a great category.

Olivia Colman has a recent win, and getting a second Oscar is harder than the first one. If you listen to Kidman in her interview from The View, she hinted it’s been 20 years since her first Oscar, she knows the game and brought up that narrative insinuating she’s due for her second.

I can see a case for Chastain since she’s been consistent and never won an Oscar. I don’t see Penelope being given a second Oscar leaving Chastain with nil. It’s Kidman to lose with Chastain as a spoiler.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 77)’ is closed to new replies.