Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 79)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 79)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 426 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
Babylonian
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:
    Manav
    Topics:

I loved Spencer and nominated it at the GD Awards for Actress, Director, Cinematography, Score, Costumes but I can totally understand why people turned it off. It might not be their cup of tea and I’m not gonna criticise them just because they hated something I loved.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Spencer should’ve been locked in Costume Design, Original Score and Cinematography, at least. The fact it wasn’t nominated in any of those categories is absolutely ridiculous and just shows how tasteless those branches are.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Yeah, like, I understand issues with the screenplay or whatever, but the techs of Spencer were simply undeniable and deserved more recognition (especially over some of what ended up actually getting nominated…..).

• FYC: Everything Everywhere All at Once in any and every single category, especially Best Picture, Michelle Yeoh in Actress, Stephanie Hsu in Supporting Actress, The Daniels in Director/Screenplay, Paul Rogers in Editing, and Son Lux in Score.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I mean it’s indeed difficult to vote for a film you don’t like in any category.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

I was very shocked it didn’t get into score or cinematography; whether you liked the film itself or not, those two aspects really stood out.

It happens that way sometimes though. I feel like Kristen’s nomination is almost for the film itself (and of course her performance as it had so much passion). I think the same thing happened with Rabbit Hole. Nicole was the sole nomination but it was almost AMPAS way of saying they appreciated the film. Rabbit Hole should have been in cinematography, score and adapted screenplay and I’m still sore that Dianne Wiest, Aaron Eckhart and Miles Teller weren’t recognised!

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    Axel
    Topics:

I mean it’s indeed difficult to vote for a film you don’t like in any category.

It’s OK, at least they recognized Kristen and nominated her …maybe they has something against Pablo as director, who knows but bias is real.

Oscar 2022 favs:

Best Picture: Drive my Car đźš—
    Best Actor: Andrew Garfield / Will Smith
    Best Acress: Kristen Stewart / Penelope Cruz
    Best Director: Ryusuke Hamaguchi
    Best Sup Actor: Kodi Smit-Mcphee
    Best Sup Actress: Kristen Dunst / Ariana DeBose

Profile picture
    Dan Jo
    Topics:

Just watched Eyes of Tammy Faye. I thought it was entertaining and fantastic film. Very good storytelling. I hope Jessica Chastain win. She really inhabit her role. I must say Best Actress is more interesting than Best Actor this year.

My ranking so far:

1. Chastain

2. Colman

3. Kidman

Need to see Parallel Mother and Spencer.

Profile picture
    krisden25
    Topics:

I loved Spencer and nominated it at the GD Awards for Actress, Director, Cinematography, Score, Costumes but I can totally understand why people turned it off. It might not be their cup of tea and I’m not gonna criticise them just because they hated something I loved.

Like any arthouse movie – the most important thing is the atmosphere, vibe or whatever. If you didn ‘t like it , then the whole movie is a failure in your eyes. I also often don ‘t understand why someone is outraged when many people don ‘t like such films . They shouldn ‘t like it. But such obvious things as score, costumes and cinematography had to be noticed and recognised, regardless of whether you liked the movie or not. If they liked Kristen’s performance (and acting is not as obvious as costumes), then they should have liked the movie at least a little bit. Although Oscar often surprises us, in most cases, it does the same as all other awards. Spencer wasn’t nominated anywhere, so they didn’t do it either. At least independent movies have their own awards
    P.S Btw, I’m absolutely fine with it. Independent films would not be independent and so beautiful if they were nominated for an Oscar every year

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

This is slightly off topic but on the subject of singers who transition into acting, I saw JLo and Mariah fans fighting on Twitter and it made me wonder if Mariah had great acting aspirations. I didn’t know she had a breakdown so I googled it and saw it happened around the time of Glitter’s disastrous reception and performance. Did it end her film career? Was she hoping to do more? Did she see herself as a serious actress? What happened?

Profile picture
    Nameizmann
    Topics:

I was very shocked it didn’t get into score or cinematography; whether you liked the film itself or not, those two aspects really stood out. It happens that way sometimes though. I feel like Kristen’s nomination is almost for the film itself (and of course her performance as it had so much passion). I think the same thing happened with Rabbit Hole. Nicole was the sole nomination but it was almost AMPAS way of saying they appreciated the film. Rabbit Hole should have been in cinematography, score and adapted screenplay and I’m still sore that Dianne Wiest, Aaron Eckhart and Miles Teller weren’t recognised!

Def not. The Academy hated Spencer! Plus different branches vote different categories. A cinematographer can’t show their appreciation of Spencer by voting for Kristen – if they liked Spencer, they have no other choice but to vote for it in the cinematography category.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

This is slightly off topic but on the subject of singers who transition into acting, I saw JLo and Mariah fans fighting on Twitter and it made me wonder if Mariah had great acting aspirations. I didn’t know she had a breakdown so I googled it and saw it happened around the time of Glitter’s disastrous reception and performance. Did it end her film career? Was she hoping to do more? Did she see herself as a serious actress? What happened?

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Stop bringing Popstar Stan Twitter drama on here. Nobody fucking cares lmfaooo.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

Mariah is great in Precious, but she didn’t seem to try very hard to have a film career. I remember Celine Dion saying she wanted to do film in an interview once, but that never seemed to come to fruition.

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

People really need to leave Nicole ALONE………………….

They usually do, but this time around it happens that she is the frontrunner for her second Oscar.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Am I the only one happy for all 5 of them? I mean, I really like all of these women, I have my favorite but it would genuinely be happy for whoever wins.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 79)’ is closed to new replies.