Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 79)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 79)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 426 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
The Northman
Babylonian
Lil Tony
  • Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

^^^THIS. I think it’s a great line up.

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    VictorVincent
    Topics:

Am I the only one happy for all 5 of them? I mean, I really like all of these women, I have my favorite but it would genuinely be happy for whoever wins.

Yes, you’re the only one

jokes🙂

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Yes, you’re the only one

jokes🙂

Lol 😂😂

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

Her name is Kristen Stewart.

No it’s is not her name Is Academy Award Nominee Kristen Stewart thought we had this established.

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

🤣 I was referring to the person calling her Twilight Girl.

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Many people take an Oscar nom for granted, if you are not Meryl Streep, it is rare to get a Lead acting Oscar nom.

There are only 3 women in history with at least 10 Lead Actress noms.

Most nominations for Lead Actress

17 Meryl Streep
    12 Katharine Hepburn
    10 Bette Davis
    7 Greer Garson

Ingrid Bergman
    Jane Fonda
    Deborah Kerr
    Sissy Spacek

Anne Bancroft
    Ellen Burstyn
    Judi Dench
    Irene Dunne
    Susan Hayward
    Audrey Hepburn
    Jessica Lange
    Shirley MacLaine
    Susan Sarandon
    Norma Shearer
    Elizabeth Taylor

Cate Blanchett
    Glenn Close
    Julie Christie
    Olivia de Havilland
    Glenda Jackson
    Jennifer Jones
    Diane Keaton
    Nicole Kidman
    Marsha Mason
    Geraldine Page
    Vanessa Redgrave
    Rosalind Russell
    Barbara Stanwyck
    Kate Winslet
    Joanne Woodward
    Jane Wyman

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

Seeing those names listed like that really shows how white the Oscars have been.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Seeing those names listed like that really shows how white the Oscars have been.

Halle Berry is the only African American woman to win lead actress in the 94 years of Oscars.  This stat is telling us a lot, so in almost a Full Century only 1 african-American woman made it, diversity just as a talk, the Academy has failed many times to nominate and award non-white actresses. Who can forget the snub of Lupita in the category, when her movies grossed over 200 million and led the critics wins. The Oscar despite wins in supporting categories, they remain too white in my opinion.

Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Finally have seen Renate Reinsve’s superb performance in The Worst Person in the World and she really ought to be among the Best Actress Oscar nominees. Releasing it so late hurt it’s chances but the writer’s branch clearly saw it enough to nominate it for its screenplay. Renate’s work is much better and more deserving than Chastain, Kidman or Stewart but not as good as Cruz and especially Colman – in my opinion. Her scenes with Anders Danielsen Lie in particular were amazing!

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Halle Berry is the only African American woman to win lead actress in the 94 years of Oscars. This stat is telling us a lot, so in almost a Full Century only 1 african-American woman made it, diversity just as a talk, the Academy has failed many times to nominate and award non-white actresses. Who can forget the snub of Lupita in the category, when her movies grossed over 200 million and led the critics wins. The Oscar despite wins in supporting categories, they remain too white in my opinion.

Viola Davis needs to remedy this next year with The Woman King. She’d be the first black actress with five nominations, and the second black actress to win lead, and also the only black actress with multiple Oscars.

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Finally have seen Renate Reinsve’s superb performance in The Worst Person in the World and she really ought to be among the Best Actress Oscar nominees. Releasing it so late hurt it’s chances but the writer’s branch clearly saw it enough to nominate it for its screenplay. Renate’s work is much better and more deserving than Chastain, Kidman or Stewart but not as good as Cruz and especially Colman – in my opinion. Her scenes with Anders Danielsen Lie in particular were amazing!

Couldn’t have said it better mate 💪🏼

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

I thought Ricardos was pretty good and Nicole was solid, but can we agree that her collaboration with Sorkin called Malice is the superior film? It’s trashy fun that knows exactly what it is.

Profile picture
    Troll_Hunter
    Topics:

Regarding that. I’m sorry Gaga didn’t got nominated because I’ve been saying it for the longest how this behaviour won’t do anything right. This jealousy and hatred you guys reek won’t do anything. After all the bs you guys have been doing. These personal, passive-aggressive attacks against me won’t change a thing. They’ll always find an excuse to say sh*t against me. Btw Tammy Faye will win MUAH Guild so that’s another loss you guys can celebrate after this. Lol never ends well. This is a constant pattern at this point. We know what happened the last time something similar occurred lmao

Charge Gaga some rent for living in your head girl. Kstew will get the pity from folk and get the win so then your world will be complete. 😭

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion but Renate Reinsve did nothing special.

I don’t get the appeal of TWPITW.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

Stop bringing Popstar Stan Twitter drama on here. Nobody fucking cares lmfaooo.

I’m surprised you guys haven’t put him on ignore already after his homophobic rant on nominations day.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 79)’ is closed to new replies.