Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 482 total)
Created
1 year ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
crabbie
Diamond Tier
  • Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

I’m not buying a second Oscar for Colman so soon, especially for something that likely won’t be an across the board contender (I would die if it was though since Maggie deserves everything). I’m also pretty sure the role is very internal and Buckley is the one who gets the bigger dramatic moments in the flashback scenes. The Lost Daughter is one of my most anticipated movies though, if not my most, so I hope it’s good enough for Colman to get nominated. However, I don’t see her winning as of right now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kristen’s mannerisms and accent are good imo.

I absolutely agree with this.

Whenever performers play real life characters people expect them to look exactly like the character or be a carbon copy of them but that’s irrelevant if you can’t fulfil one of the fundamental principles of acting and embody the character fully. Sure Emma Corrin and Josh O’Connor both looked a lot like the characters they played on The Crown (the latter was much hotter than Charles though) but their performances aren’t excellent because they sounded exactly like them. It’s because they embody their characters quite well. Sarah Paulson looked and sounded like Marcia Clark in The People vs OJ Simpson yet it’s impossible to imagine anyone else playing that role because of her well worn characterisation.

I was sceptical when Stewart was cast in the role but she might have won me over with that teaser. Spencer is not a conventional biopic so I’m not expecting it to be like a docu-drama at all in tone but Stewart seems to have captured the essence of Diana at the time as an anxious and over-exposed introverted character quite well (something I thought was quite impressive even in the two words she uttered because whilst it would have been preferable to see more dialogue, she seems to have captured the nervous pitch in Diana’s dialect quite well).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hun, Olivia Colman is not winning another Oscar.

I’m not predicting her to win. I have her first because I rank my predictions by likelihood of nomination not win at this stage (after Venice I usually move to put a performer in first for the win because we generally tend to know more about this race by then).

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

All I have to say is Nicole Kidman is coming. Let’s at least hope the Aaorn Sorkinization of Lucille Ball is done justice.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Dear Netflix, we need their trailers ASAP:

1.Stewart
    2.Colman
    3.Blanchett
    4.Cruz
    5.Gaga/Berry
    Subject to change as we see it more
    movies via fall festival.

How many Biopics can enter the Best Actress Race?

Variety doesn’t have Halle in their top 10 and the same with Gold Derby. But I love how Erik is giving Halle a spot in the Top 10. She’s at no. 9 Tessa has fallen and Jennifer Hudson. A nomination from Halle is good enough for me. Kirsten is just too big to ignore now. The Critics are eating up the teaser for Spencer. She’s going all the way. I might have to take out Nicole from my top 5. Im afraid Gaga will get in for some reason it’s going to be Kstew and Gaga from now on.

Profile picture
    Milk Money
    Topics:

I’m definitely watching Stewart closely after that teaser. It’s going to be a game changer if she pulls off that Volpi win, more so than Kirby last year imo.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I’m definitely watching Stewart closely after that teaser. It’s going to be a game changer if she pulls off that Volpi win, more so than Kirby last year imo.

Festival wins can certainly boost someone’s campaign. Example Halle won Berlinale she wasn’t the critics fave back then. Kristen I see is a critics darling now.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

Variety doesn’t have Halle in their top 10 and the same with Gold Derby. But I love how Erik is giving Halle a spot in the Top 10.

I love your attention to keep Halle Berry in the conversation that a lot of pundits are neglecting to. Netflix always has the resources to get a second actress in (at the moment I am predicting Tessa but can totally see Berry making it in) and Berry’s narrative is quite compelling again creating her own opportunities; also the comeback narrative! Her role is baity. She learned kickboxing, got injured, and is playing a LGBT character. Not saying people should have Berry in their top 10 but I think people are underestimating her chances quite a bit.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    KAZ-2.5
    Topics:

Even though I am a Kstew fan I thought her casting as Diana was a no go but judging by the reaction it seems like I was thankfully wrong.

Profile picture
    Rachel615
    Topics:

All I have to say is Nicole Kidman is coming. Let’s at least hope the Aaorn Sorkinization of Lucille Ball is done justice.

I hope her accent is better and more consistent in Becoming The Ricardos than it is in Nine Perfect strangers….

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I was sceptical when Stewart was cast in the role but she might have won me over with that teaser. Spencer is not a conventional biopic so I’m not expecting it to be like a docu-drama at all in tone but Stewart seems to have captured the essence of Diana at the time as an anxious and over-exposed introverted character quite well (something I thought was quite impressive even in the two words she uttered because whilst it would have been preferable to see more dialogue, she seems to have captured the nervous pitch in Diana’s dialect quite well).

Yeah exactly. She’s imitating more than I expected but she’s doing what I’ve long seen her capable of doing: of capturing the essence of Diana. It helps that the “public” scenes aren’t much of the movie. In over a week we’ll know more, but we won’t know for at least a month or so who the frontrunner is. She’s getting a nod, and I am SO HAPPY for her.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hope her accent is better and more consistent in Becoming The Ricardos than it is in Nine Perfect strangers….

I love Nicole but her accent in Nine Perfect Strangers is high class comedy.

This scene made me fall of my chair.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Even though I am a Kstew fan I thought her casting as Diana was a no go but judging by the reaction it seems like I was thankfully wrong.

Same. I was a fan and very skeptical of this role, so I’m super happy to be wrong!

There’s something to be said for those actors who fight tooth and nail to battle public perception of them as “bad actors”. Kristen Stewart and Kirsten Dunst (tho she’s in supporting), neither had the JLaw/Emma Stone/Brie Larson immediate feting, they had the opposite for most of their careers. Dunst has been out of that hole for a long time now, but the point is that negative public perception really did make both of them keep challenging themselves, and that’s what you need to improve your range, not be handed an Oscar at the first opportunity. Emma Stone has kept challenging herself, to my surprise, and now she’s better for it. But I think ingenue winners who became instant big stars tend to not do that for whatever reason.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I love Nicole but her accent in Nine Perfect Strangers is high class comedy.

This scene made me fall of my chair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J22522d8ypg

I saw half of the first episode & I was like huh what, am I supposed to be laughing at this?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 482 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.