Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 479 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
Babylonian
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think Chastain makes so much sense for Critics Choice,not just because they copy but also because she’s literally showing up in most critic circles and the passion for her performance is HUGE. Critics are adoring it and pundits as well (you can understand from their videos and tweets). This is what might give them the confidence to vote for Chastain to make her an Academy Award Winner for Leading Actress (and deservedly so). I do think it’s between her and Stewart for CC with a slight edge to Chastain because of the likability of her role, likability of her as an actress and due to the genuine passion for it. Tammy Faye as a movie is something most people can enjoy.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Watcher
    Topics:

So are we going with potentially an entirely different person in every main precursor?? Or at least in 4? The BAFTA jury has messed up it’s usefulness as the best overlap precursor – now of all of these left over literally none have a strong overlap with the oscars voting community…

GG: Kidman

SAG: Chastain

CC: Stewart

BAFTA: Reinsive?

Oscar: ….Colman?

Y’all remember when Nicole Kidman was THE frontrunner after she won the GG and PGA nominations came out? Good times.

This race is so wide open. There’s a legit case to be made for every one of the five nominees to win on Oscar night. It’s insane.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

We are making a mistake again. We shouldn’t make Jessica a frontrunner. The world and cinema, along with it, are changing at an unrealistic speed. Every year precursors will mean less and less. Of course, there will always be 2-3 nominees who managed to break through everywhere, but I think that’s all

I don’t think there’s any frontrunner in this race right now, and there probably won’t be one until Oscar Night.

Profile picture
    kamila
    Topics:

I don’t think there’s any frontrunner in this race right now, and there probably won’t be one until Oscar Night.

Although I’m sure after the winner is announced there will be tons of takes from lucky predictors that XYZ was the frontrunner all along.

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

Chastain is the current frontrunner. But is anyone else aware that she has no international support. Tammy Faye is primarily an American icon, so it makes sense SAG went for her. Chastain was snubbed at AACTA after all. And I highly doubt she would have made it in with BAFTA before the jury if I am being honest. The only festival The Eyes of Tammy Faye went to was TIFF.

Profile picture
    film123
    Topics:

CORRECTION The Eyes Of Tammy Faye Went to MULTIPLE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVALS a few are Rome Film Festival, San Sebastián Film Festival( here she won best actress with another actress). Jessica has a enough international support to make it to the finish line. (Deserves so much)

I was referring to festival batch of Sundance/Canes/Venice/Telluride/TIFF/NYFF/LFF.

Profile picture
    Jordan_Pack
    Topics:

Rooting for Jessica to win

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

This is one of the worst takes ever. Jessica is winning for her performance! What does it have to do with quality of film? And the said ‘critic’ is acting as if rest of performances have their film nominated

As I said films are not made for critics and audiences it’s made for the academy voters who are  actually doing the voting.

Profile picture
    VictorVincent
    Topics:

Been in such a great mood since Jessica Chastain’s SAG win 💖
    Such a classy lady.
    My favourite performance of the 5.
    Oscar Isaac’s reaction was so sweet – BFF 💖
    We all need friends like that. So so glad🤗

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

CORRECTION The Eyes Of Tammy Faye Went to MULTIPLE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVALS a few are Rome Film Festival, San Sebastián Film Festival( here she won best actress with another actress). Jessica has a enough international support to make it to the finish line. (Deserves so much)

Being sent to festivals and being voted by international blocs are two totally different things. However, I can see this bloc being divided so much because almost all five contenders appeal to this, including Colman, Cruz and Stewart for their artistic achievements and collaboration with auteur (or rising auteur for Colman), or to lesser degree Kidman for her lengthy history with art house directors. I think these voters won’t impact that much in this category, so I guess we have to look into other blocs to see which one receiving stronger support. Unfortunately, BAFTA can’t help us, and CC are pundits doing “punditry”, so I guess good luck to all of us.

"The Lost Daughter" in every eligible category - Film
    "Succession" Season 3 in every eligible category - TV
    "Heaux Tales" by Jasmine Sullivan in every eligible category - Music

Profile picture
    leon375
    Topics:

Pull through Pénélopé… u can do it

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

This might be the year that Critics Choice will actually have some influence on Oscar results, since its winners will get the final boost right before Ampas voting begins. If those pundits are smart enough they shouldn’t try so hard copying GG/SAG but use this chance to boost their favorites for once (Kristen).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)’ is closed to new replies.