Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 479 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
Babylonian
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    Aaron Kalloo
    Topics:

We really only have Critics Choice now because of course no one is nominated at BAFTA. So with in mind, I think I might end up predicting either Chastain, Stewart or Cruz for the Oscar.

I refuse to predict Kidman after her SAG loss. As for Colman, in terms of passion for the performance, I think both Cruz and Stewart has the edge there.

If Stewart loses Critic Choice then I will narrow it down to it being Chastain with a Cruz spoiler.

Profile picture
    KidmanFTW
    Topics:

I think Kidman will take CC and seal the deal. GG, AACTA, and CC will simply be too much for Kidman’s fifth nomination in an Aaron Sorkin Lucille Ball/Desi Arnaz biopic from Amazon studios.

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

They did Nicole dirty with the prosthetics. She didn’t really look like Lucille with them and the performance was strong enough without them. I think the reason I was so impressed with the performance was the fact that she was still stellar despite of them. She’s a master of subtlety and that still shone through.

"I'm not mad at you Helga. I'm mad at the dirt!"

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

They did Nicole dirty with the prosthetics. She didn’t really look like Lucille with them and the performance was strong enough without them. I think the reason I was so impressed with the performance was the fact that she was still stellar despite of them. She’s a master of subtlety and that still shone through.

I agree, the prosthetics team did a great job with Jessica and a bad job with Kidman. The hair and the wigs were great though.

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

I love a good wig! The wigs were fab.

Profile picture
    paddylastinc
    Topics:

Ugh. I need them to be in a movie together!

Profile picture
    ScottieG
    Topics:

It’s mad how award season plays out, Kristen wouldn’t even make my list this year, but I am rooting for her now that Nicole is kind of off course. She’d be such a refreshing and interesting winner; films like this very rarely get an acting win and in a way it would kind of feel like a Nicole Kidman Birth, The Paperboy, Dogville type of win.

Profile picture
    Cosmia
    Topics:

Watched BTR Such disservice to talent of Kidman and story of Lucille Ball. The film was boring but the screenplay did nothing to make me feel either for Lucille or Desi. I am not familiar with the personality but was she so stoic and cold in really life as well? I understand it was set in professional setup but her whole personality in film was ‘girl boss.’ You can’t just have that as a character trait. She deserves the nomination and Kidman did the best with what she had but I felt nothing for her performance (especially since she has delivered stellar pieces in past and her caliber as an actor is well known) I also do wonder if her performance would have been 10x more applaud-worthy if she wasn’t subjected to stifling prosthetic. I wonder why Javier Bardem wasn’t subjected to the same?!

In fairness, Lucille Ball really was that cool and professional in real life. There was a very big difference between Lucy Ricardo and Lucille Ball.

Profile picture
    momo-memo
    Topics:

Missing BAFTA is more of a hit for Princess Diana than Lucille Ball.

yeah…thats what i thought …seems like “bad sign” from royalty

Profile picture
    wattsgold
    Topics:

If Chastain wins, I will need all those bad takes on “box office gives you an Oscar” to stop once and for all because we would have Jessica with 20 cents eviscerating everyone. Time to end the nonsense.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

If Chastain wins, I will need all those bad takes on “box office gives you an Oscar” to stop once and for all because we would have Jessica with 20 cents eviscerating everyone. Time to end the nonsense.

Say it louder for those in the back!!!

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    snatched
    Topics:

I think Chastain is winning. Kidman had absolutely 0 reasons to lose SAG, they love her and she played an industry icon. There’s simply no passion behind the performance and, in my opinion, rightfully. And please save the international support argument, because wbk that she’d win AACTA even if she was only in 2 seconds of Being the Ricardos. Cruz & Stewart are simply happy with the nomination, and as of the latter, she isn’t remotely respected by the industry and her movie is hated; it’s purely wishful thinking to believe that she has a shot. She’s a passion pick nominee.
    It’s clearly Chastain vs Colman, but the latter recently won (not that it really matters), has no precursor going in, is Netflix (another argument against Kidman as well who’s Amazon) and her performance doesn’t really add anything groundbreaking in her filmography to make her that undeniable, especially for Oscar no. 2. As for Chastain, on the other hand, her movie was a typical theatrical release, and she got to do it all in one movie; she was transformative (the traditional ‘baitiness’), went through so many emotions, there was lots of crying AND singing, and had a Judy-esque ending that sealed the deal for her imo. It’s funny, because she’s likely set to continue the Help tradition with every star of it going on to win an Oscar.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

The thread is kinda slow, pre-Oscar noms there were 1-2 threads per day. What happened to all the members posting here like CoopC, James Gibson, Plumpshell,  jason_serrano, Anthiagiox etc. They were very frequent.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

The Wrap 300 AMPAs and other guild voters anonymous poll article posted few days before Oscar noms made sense. It was basically not only Actors though, but also AMPAs directors, producers and wrote the following:

Wrap Oscar Poll: ‘Belfast,’ Andrew Garfield Emerge as Front Runners in Survey

“The Lost Daughter” had some fans in the Best Actress category as well; Olivia Colman, winner in 2018 for The Favourite, was the poll’s No. 1 choice for her role as a college professor on holiday in Greece in Gyllenhaal’s film. Nicole Kidman’s portrayal of Lucille Ball in Aaron Sorkin’s “Being the Ricardos” came second, followed by Lady Gaga for “House of Gucci,” Kristen Stewart for her portrayal of the People’s Princess in “Spencer” and Penélope Cruz for “Parallel Mothers.”

If you read this carefully it means Colman 1, Kidman 2, Gaga, Stewart and Cruz tied 3/4/5. (This also comes in line with the fact TLD and BTR got the most Oscar noms).

Chastain had actors love, so an actors branch only survey would have her in and Gaga possibly out.

It all makes sense now.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)’ is closed to new replies.