Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 14 posts - 466 through 479 (of 479 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
The Northman
Babylonian
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

It just feels so lifeless after the Gaga snub. Hollywood needs actresses like her.

I’m over it now. I was very disappointed at first but at the end of the day it really is just what it is. Since her snub I lost interest in this year’s race and spent much less time on twits/these forums. I got much more work done and dodged a lot internet negativity.

Subjectively I think her performance is good and deserve a nom, but it wasn’t a “it has to win” level of performance. It makes sense that it get a nom or get snub anyway. She still has a lot of room to improve. If she’s willing to continue working hard as an actor, she will still have a bright future in Hollywood.

Profile picture
    noemiq
    Topics:

I respect the Academy for snubbing Gaga, considering they knew she would bring more viewers to watch the ceremony, it would be an easy decision, but they stuck to what they believe was best and I’m with them, Gaga’s performance was not that great, although it was better than Nicole’s, the weakest from the final lineup.

Profile picture
    Troll_Hunter
    Topics:

I respect the Academy for snubbing Gaga, considering they knew she would bring more viewers to watch the ceremony, it would be an easy decision, but they stuck to what they believe was best and I’m with them, Gaga’s performance was not that great, although it was better than Nicole’s, the weakest from the final lineup.

And now they will have even less viewers (adding to the fuckery of the cutting of 8 noms for live acceptance speeches and other bullshit snubs besides Gaga).

Gaga still will have an Oscar with two noms from two movies. Very impressive. However its nice to see certain people seethe about her success. Jealous old bishes. 😭

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I feel sorry for KStew stans. Besides, she is just a spot filler, her career will take another downturn after the shambolic performance of Spencer and the scandal of SAG members leaving her movie premier after 10 min from screening time. I hope she can find another blockbuster producer to get her in another twilight kinda movie.

What?

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

How can you respect the Academy for snubbing Gaga when you think she is better than Kidman? ☠️

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

The only certainty when it comes to this year’s lead actress Oscar race is that there is no certainty. And there won’t be until the envelope is opened and the winner’s name is read at the ceremony on March 27. 😉

Voters and awards consultants call me nearly every day making an argument for their favorite nominee (or client, as the case may be). Could any one of the five women nominated for lead actress win? Judging from these conversations, yes. But this is Hollywood, a place where imagination is often divorced from reality. 😂

Nicole Kidman, “Being the Ricardos”

In her favor: Kidman’s casting as Lucille Ball didn’t sit well with many on social media when it was announced. But once people actually saw the movie (always a good idea), the complaints subsided. (Mostly.) In a film dominated by writer-director Aaron Sorkin’s voice, Kidman manages to wrestle control and deliver a razor-sharp take on Ball’s perfectionism, insecurities and genius. Plus, it affords her the too-rare opportunity to be funny. And she’s good at it!

Chances of winning: Kidman has enjoyed some highs and lows in the two decades since she won for “The Hours.” Oscar victories are often a question of timing, and voters might decide that this is a nice spot to reward her again. 🙂

LA Times, March 2.

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

The producers of the show care for the ratings, the acting branch never casts a vote with what it will bring in ratings. Actors have proven it many times, when the populist SAG, that has even influencers and Tik tokers, with 160.000 members gives the SAG Actress award to a film with 2.7m$ boxscore is all the proof you need actors care for the perfomances only. Same thing applies to acting branch of the Oscars. Given the 3 Acting nominations for Being The Ricardos, Kidman was always in with the Academy branch, despite how many thought she was in and out there, so maybe they know something more than us.

Profile picture
    BigJay2012
    Topics:

Some of y’all are so fake. Where did all these Chastain fans come from now that she won SAG? Where was that energy two weeks ago?

Profile picture
    pedrohf2001
    Topics:

I feel sorry for KStew stans. Besides, she is just a spot filler, her career will take another downturn after the shambolic performance of Spencer and the scandal of SAG members leaving her movie premier after 10 min from screening time. I hope she can find another blockbuster producer to get her in another twilight kinda movie.

You’re so pathetic

Profile picture
    The Northman
    Topics:

Best Actress race

1. Number of Actress Awards (RT as source, awards strength)

1. Kristen Stewart: 18 Awards
    2. Olivia Colman: 7 Awards
    3. Jessica Chastain: 5 Awards
    4. Penelope Cruz: 3 Awards
    5. Nicole Kidman: 2 Awards

2. Number of IMDb user rates / Box Office (popularity strength)

1. The Lost Daughter: 45.000 (6.7)/ Netflix
    2. Spencer: 44.000(6.7)/ 21.5m $
    3. Being The Ricardos: 32.000(6.6)/ Amazon
    4. Parallel Mothers: 15.000(7.1): 17m $
    5. The Eyes of Tammy Faye: 15.000(6.7)/ 2.7m$

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

The Eyes of Tammy Faye: 15.000(6.7)/ 2.7m$”

this…

THE IRON LADY (Meryl Streep) had worse reviews, but it somehow made over $100 million.

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

“Will win: Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye”

People said it’s like “Judy” (Renee Zellweger), not really, Judy is green and 11 points above Tammy Faye on Metacritic (66 vs 55), Certified Fresh on Rotten with a 45M$ box office, Tammy Faye has none of that and it’s box office bomb of 2,5M$, there’s a big difference.

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

SAG 2019 Glenn Close
    Oscar 2019 Olivia Colman

SAG 2021 Viola Davis
    Oscar 2021 Frances McDormand

Of the past 10 top SAG winners, only four have gone on to win Best Picture at the Oscars: Argo, Birdman, Spotlight, and Parasite.

Profile picture
    KidmanFTW
    Topics:

“Will win: Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye” People said it’s like “Judy” (Renee Zellweger), not really, Judy is green and 11 points above Tammy Faye on Metacritic (66 vs 55), Certified Fresh on Rotten with a 45M$ box office, Tammy Faye has none of that and it’s box office bomb of 2,5M$, there’s a big difference.

She won’t win for a movie no one has seen and is practically panned. She’s not getting that Oscar just because of sag. Oh no. Not happening.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 14 posts - 466 through 479 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 80)’ is closed to new replies.