Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 81)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 81)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 479 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
kallewickans_3
Manav
Babylonian
  • Profile picture
    AmazingAmy
    Topics:

People need to relax. Nobody actually cares who campaigns and who doesn’t, it’s just a discussion…no need to get all worked up and write paragraphs about it.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

OMG, TomJerry (I don’t know if you’re this person or the tomjerry is KidmanFTW) do you even think before you type something and actually press enter? Stop being the Opium amongst the Kidman stans. You were a fantastic poster the past few months, but with this new username – you’re just —nvm And for the record, these five nominated actresses are about to get busy promoting their movies this year and next year here and there after March 27 – stop belittling them just because they have less “Oscar awards / nominations.” jfc

Im so disappointed with some Kidman Stan’s in here they aren’t better than that delusional  opium.

Profile picture
    Thespian
    Topics:

People need to relax. Nobody actually cares who campaigns and who doesn’t, it’s just a discussion…no need to get all worked up and write paragraphs about it.

Exactly. This is discussion forum. Some people, like me, can’t express their thoughts in one or two lines. It’s not about getting all worked up. Just an expression what I felt. And no need to read if you don’t like paragraphs. Thanks.

Profile picture
    UnionCityMood
    Topics:

why are we not talking about the fact that Olivia does not do her job, which is not only acting, but also interviews, photo shoots, etc. Since you’re not interested in it, then why come to the Oscars if you haven’t shown a drop of respect for the award season. (I don’t think that way! these were counterarguments. Stop praising some and demoting others for a different approach to your post-film work)

Exactly why I never get the “she’s so desperate for an Oscar” mocking on film twitter. Why is wanting to be honored a bad thing? And for those using Olivia Colman as the example “she doesn’t give a shit, the Oscar begs her to accept the award”… I mean do any of them speak for Colman herself? Just because she’s less exposed doesn’t mean she thinks she’s above the Oscar. We outsiders also don’t know all the campaign events done by Netflix, we can only see the public events(which is the tip of an iceberg).

The only person I can think of that truly thinks they’re above the Oscar, is Katharine Hepburn. She won 4 leading actresses but never attend the ceremonies. Her only appearance was to present a special award instead of receiving one. If someone wants to make a point of how they really don’t give a shit about campaign and award season, act like her then.

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman to zoom into Thursday’s SBIFF event.

SANTA BARBARA COUNTY, Calif. – Event staff for the 37th Santa Barbara International Film Festival confirmed Monday that actress Nicole Kidman will zoom into Thursday’s honoree event at the Arlington Theatre.

The Academy Award nominee is at home in Nashville under doctor’s orders, recovering from a torn hamstring according to Variety.

Keyt.com

Profile picture
    dEdY
    Topics:

Aunjanue Ellis got a big round of applause at the Oscar lunch today”

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Oh well Nicole is  injured it is unlikely she will be in for the Critics Choice then, She will only be attending the Oscars going forward 😭😭😭

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The only person I can think of that truly thinks they’re above the Oscar, is Katharine Hepburn. She won 4 leading actresses but never attend the ceremonies. Her only appearance was to present a special award instead of receiving one. If someone wants to make a point of how they really don’t give a shit about campaign and award season, act like her then.

Katharine Hepburn did not think herself above the Oscars. She’s repeatedly stated that the only reason she didn’t attend the ceremonies was because of the nerves and anxiety and if she would have known beforehand who will win, she would have attended them. She frequently did clips which were played on Oscars evening like one where she described the highlights of 10-20 years of Oscars history. She used to send letters congratulating some nominees on their nominations.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Katharine Hepburn did not think herself above the Oscars. She’s repeatedly stated that the only reason she didn’t attend the ceremonies was because of the nerves and anxiety and if she would have known beforehand who will win, she would have attended them. She frequently did clips which were played on Oscars evening like one where she described the highlights of 10-20 years of Oscars history. She used to send letters congratulating some nominees on their nominations.

Agreed. She was all class.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Stewart is hustling!

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

Darling, I’ve just finished watching Parallel Mothers, and I always knew that Cruz will be straight on top out of all nominated performances this year.

It’s an extraordinary work, lived in, understated, and beautiful acting masterclass. She never over-emote, honest, and simply brilliant.

I always feels it’s so strange, a performance of this caliber constantly struggling to even get a nom. But when they do, Someone even called this a ‘fILleR’.

Lol, it’s funny that a ‘FiLlER’ nominee is far more better and win-worthy than almost every acting nominees this year combined.

Category ranking:
    1. Penélope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
    2. Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    3. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    4. Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    5. Nicole Kidman, Being The Ricardos

Profile picture
    TwinPeaks
    Topics:

Didn’t Stewart say she doesn’t care about Oscars? The way she is breaking her back trying to win.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 479 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 81)’ is closed to new replies.