Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 83)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 83)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 474 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Go Yeoh!
Ashton_Reeves
FEFFO
  • Profile picture
    Cinema2050
    Topics:

Whether we like it or not, campaigning like marketing is important with any product. Academy members are no different than regular people. Some of them do like movies and watch a lot of movies. But some of them just work in the film industry but don’t particularly watch a lot of movies. Some have a sophisticated taste. While others have a more popular taste. If you haven’t seen the movies, you are going to rely on what you are being told in the media, campaign or marketing. Certainly for smaller films, it is even more important because otherwise nobody will see your movie. This is no different than in politics. Usually, the one who puts more money in a campaign generally wins. A lot of people barely understand the topics being debated in politics in order to have an informed decision on who or what to vote for. It’s obvious that not every single academy member sees all the movies and performances – they all have priorities and sometimes this means they don’t have the time to watch all the movies and rely on what they read or are told or what they hear. So campaigning is important whether we like it or not. Can you imagine if nobody campaigned? The most popular movies would always win because they would be the only movies anybody has seen.

So her marketing campaign didn’t inform her how SAG members denied her movie after 10 min from screening time and industry voters keep saying they hated both the movie and her naive approach of playing a character that was performed way better by an enormous number of actresses in the past in both TV and films.

Will Smith was rewarded for exceeding everyone's expectations in endearing violent traits. Shame on the Academy!

Profile picture
    The Way of The Wind
    Topics:

If Neon had campaign hard for The Worst Person in The World, I think the movie could have been a contender for best actress, best supporting actor, best director, best picture

2023 Oscar
    Best Picture: The Way of The Wind
    Best Director: Decision to Leave
    Best Actress: TAR
    Best Actor: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actress: The Whale
    Best Supporting Actor: Poor Things

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

People shouldn’t stop campaigning. Neon is the one to blame here. Their ott campaign for Spencer was just crazy and a complete waste of money. Especially after those audience scores and articles saying several academy members hated the movie. It’s obvious they should’ve pushed The Worst Person in the World instead. Not saying they should’ve stopped campaigning Stewart, but the Norwegian entry clearly would’ve received across the board noms, unlike Spencer. Their campaign strategy was just shit. Also, campaigning takes you a little forward but thats it. If the academy doesn’t respond to the movie, your chances are basically dead in the water. Thats why I don’t believe Kristen has that big of a chance at winning the Oscar.

If we looking at facts no actress movie got a best picture nom so all these actresses are in the same boat as spencer. We can argue the same for other actresses that academy voters didn’t like there movies that much. If spencer was that disliked by the academy Kristen wouldn’t be here (A la lady gaga). Its not like they didn’t have options. So with this campaigning i think she has a chance or like not dead as you say just food for thought. Actresses the academy could have nominated besides Stewart if spencer was truly as hated as we think (i don’t think the academy hates it)
    Renate Reinsve
    Alana Haim
    Emilia Jones
    Rachel Zegler

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

I hope Renate gets another chance soon. Neon did her dirty. It just sucks for foreign actresses. They don’t get a chance to be nominated as often as their english-speaking counterparts.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

RottenTomatoes poll for the Oscars. Don’t know how much we should read into this, but sad to see Cruz with the least amount of votes

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

2016 Race || Parallels

(Random comparison)

Emma Stone = Jessica (America’s Sweetheart)
    Isabelle Huppert = Penelope (Foreign Language Film)
    Ruth Negga = Olivia (British)
    Natalie Portman = Kristen (Pablo Larraín Film)
    Meryl Streep = Nicole (Legend doing a Biopic who won’t win)

Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

2016 Race || Parallels

(Random comparison)

Emma Stone = Jessica (American Sweetheart)
    Natalie Portman = Kristen (Pablo Larraín Film)

This actually is really good and makes since lol.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Stewart’s ferocious campaign is also to benefit her own career after Oscar. Spencer has been a breakthrough in a way that people/masses have finally started to consider her as an ‘actress.’ Getting nominated for an Oscar is a testimony to that and it will help her finally get over the ‘twilight/non-actor box she was unfortunately caged in for so long. It will open more doors for her and bring in opportunities. A out there, visible campaign enables that.

Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

Stewart’s ferocious campaign is also to benefit her own career after Oscar. Spencer has been a breakthrough in a way that people/masses have finally started to consider her as an ‘actress.’ Getting nominated for an Oscar is a testimony to that and it will help her finally get over the ‘twilight/non-actor box she was unfortunately caged in for so long. It will open more doors for her and bring in opportunities. A out there, visible campaign enables that.

She needs to network yes, but she’s proven herself and flew out of that cage long ago.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

She needs to network yes, but she’s proven herself and flew out of that cage long ago.

For people who regularly watch films but Not for critics and audiences who occasionally watch films (general public).

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

2016 Race || Parallels

(Random comparison)

Emma Stone = Jessica (America’s Sweetheart)
    Natalie Portman = Kristen (Pablo Larraín Film)

And I guess Gaga is Amy Adams 😭

Profile picture
    Troll_Hunter
    Topics:

And I guess Gaga is Amy Adams 😭

No because unlike Amy, Gaga has one already. 😭  One day…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ruth Negga is Irish.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Btw, long time no see, girlies.
    After the sad Gaga snub I thought this category could become an even more wild card but apparently just turned into a Chastain consensus, sigh. But congrats to Joanna Scanlan on BAFTA at least 🙂

For those who still care, hope you enjoy the ceremony. But in case Penelope or Olivia upsets I’d be very happy then.

Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

I hope Renate gets another chance soon. Neon did her dirty. It just sucks for foreign actresses. They don’t get a chance to be nominated as often as their english-speaking counterparts.

Hence why we need Cruz to win

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 474 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 83)’ is closed to new replies.