Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 86)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 86)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 438 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
babypook
MovieCritic
Go Yeoh!
  • Profile picture
    Babylonian
    Topics:

Cruz playing herself in another Pedro film, where is the stretch? Like DiCaprio working in another Scorcese film. I went through the filmography of Chastain and Cruz, and the acting branch members that have worked with Chastain compared to Cruz is far superior. And a lot of international actors- Huppert, Mirren, others.

Why’d you have to do Pene like that?

FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in every eligible category

Hold My Hand - Lady Gaga for Best Original Song

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    noemiq
    Topics:

Yeah, Chastain is not that popular among her peers, it surprised me how she won SAG. I think it’s between her and Stewart, who is the most awarded of the season. Cruz’s performance is not that great, Penelope CAMPAIGNED for that nomination, the only explanation for her to have lost the Goya, it was because its voting ended before Oscar nomination were announced, but they knew her performance wasn’t even the best in Goya’s lineup.

Having the votes so spread out for the win, even I dare to say they were during nominations, it benefits Chastain and Stewart, whose names will pop out when voters want to get a reference due to momentum. It clear voters don’t care that much for the Best Actress race to have a clear frontrunner with no BP nominee in it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FEFFO
    Topics:

Why’d you have to do Pene like that?

Please don’t call her that lol, it means penis in Spanish ahahah

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

Penleope Cruz winning but it would be so odd: no precursors at all and she didn’t even win the Goya award for Best Actress – Blanco Portillo won it!

Blanca** and comparing the Goya to the Oscars without context is a bit misleading.

Penélope has 13 nominations and 3 Goya wins, being the most nominated female actress ever. So the urge to recognize her once again and tie her with Carmen Maura (a legend) as the most wins for an actress might not be there yet. Blanca Portillo had her first nomination prior to Penélope’s first win, this was her fourth nomination (within a 25 years span) without a win. As some may say, she was overdue.

Penélope’s situation at the Oscars is very different. She lost for one of her best work (Volver) and so was rewarded shortly after for a very small performance that does not live up to the full extent of her talent. This is their chance to “make things right” by rewarding Penélope for a performance that shines a light on all her strengths.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Jean Dujardin lost the César for The Artist going into the Oscars, so Penélope losing the Goya means nothing. Also, she already has 3 of them and tons of noms, so probably there wasn’t much of a hurry to reward her with a 4th one. Blanca Portillo was also overdue, so it makes sense.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    FreemanGriffin
    Topics:

Blanca** and comparing the Goya to the Oscars without context is a bit misleading.

Penélope has 13 nominations and 3 Goya wins, being the most nominated female actress ever. So the urge to recognize her once again and tie her with Carmen Maura (a legend) as the most wins for an actress might not be there yet. Blanca Portillo had her first nomination prior to Penélope’s first win, this was her fourth nomination (within a 25 years span) without a win. As some may say, she was overdue.

Penélope’s situation at the Oscars is very different. She lost for one of her best work (Volver) and so was rewarded shortly after for a very small performance that does not live up to the full extent of her talent. This is their chance to “make things right” by rewarding Penélope for a performance that shines a light on all her strengths.

Yes, but I don’t think it has ever happened in the modern era that an actress has won with ZERO precursors! This is an odd year, of course, but can we agree it would be a major upset??? I would be much happier with Cruz winning than Chastain or Stewart (or Kidman) but I just don’t see it happening…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jaket1991
    Topics:

I keep hearing Chastain isn’t popular among peers but does anybody have insights? She seems charming and likeable

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    laslo
    Topics:

I keep hearing Chastain isn’t popular among peers but does anybody have insights? She seems charming and likeable

It’s a rumor Grace Randolph started.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    babypook
    Topics:

It’s a rumor Grace Randolph started.

Thanks for posting I think….what a remarkable glimpse into grace’s brain.

The Sunne in Splendour.
    I prefer my roses white

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

2022 Oscars Best Actress Final Predictions

Winner: Jessica Chastain – The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Runner Up(s): Kristen Stewart – Spencer / Penelope Cruz – Parallel Mothers

Predicting Jessica to win, but Kristen or Penelope could surprise.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss
    Topics:

Overall least liked lead nominees this century, averaging IMDB & MC:

66/56 Joy = 61

67/55 Tammy Faye = 61

64/52 Iron Lady=58

62/52 United States v Billie Holiday = 57

68/45 Elizabeth the Golden Age = 56

Can Tammy Faye be the new Margaret Thatcher? We’ll soon see.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ash
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Now that this season is over . Shes coming to collect her things next season. (Atleast a sag )</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ultraww17
    Topics:

Jessica isnt likable?

Shes friends with some big directors and actors in the industry. Go on Chastains instagram for insight.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Keth
    Topics:

Well, her peers would be actors. And actors just gave her a Screen Actor’s Guild award for best actress. I don’t think she’s unpopular in the least.

Life is a thin thread.
    We hang on tightly knowing
    it will snap one day.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 438 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.