Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 472 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
kaziz
Donnna
kallewickans_3
  • Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

Actress
    Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley
    Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
    Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth

I don’t rank my predictions (my predictions centre is random). Nicole Kidman keeps changing though, about every other day. I’m iffy on adding Gaga because I don’t feel confident in the movie at all. I recently added Colman (and Buckley) as I’ve heard they have meaty roles in the book.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

I feel like the safest bets are Olivia Colman and Lady Gaga (not the first year I’ve said this lol)

I’m only confident in Blanchett, Colman and Kidman. The rest are snubbable in my mind.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I always fight for Halle. That won’t change. I feel that if her reviews are 65+ on Metacritic and 80+ on Rotten Tomatoes, she’s in.

Profile picture
    Crackleking
    Topics:

Blanchett in first? That’s an interesting one. I think she will get nominated but that’s more due to how strong Nightmare Alley might be in Picture rather than anything else. It doesn’t feel like a winning role (I’m sure she’ll kill at as always).

Based on the synopsis of the Nightmare Alley and some early tea, Blanchett has an incredibly meaty role and could very well outshine Cooper which makes her seem quite win competitive. Colman and Kidman though are just behind her and could easily win as well.

Profile picture
    kallewickans
    Topics:

I always fight for Halle. That won’t change. I feel that if her reviews are 65+ on Metacritic and 80+ on Rotten Tomatoes, she’s in.

We are twin flames 🔥 I love  Kristen Stewart  and Halle. I love how people underestimate Kristen and Halle both their transformations aren’t heavy  facial make-up it’s all mannerisms for Kristen and physical for Halle.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I think Olivia Colman will give the best performance in the category and I for one would certainly not be mad if she won her second Oscar so soon. If she maintains this momentum, she’ll be inching closer and closer to Damehood.

Shouldn’t she get Damehood soon anyway? Maybe not. I don’t know if this is true or not, but Olivia Colman has long struck me as much more decidedly middle class than most British actors, mostly because she’s so bloody good at decidedly non-posh characters.

Justice for Passing, Tessa Thompson & Ruth Negga.

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

1. Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter 2. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley 3. Penelope Cruz, Madres Paralelas 4. Kristen Stewart, Spencer 5. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci

These are exactly my same names for top5, (always assuming McDormand will go supporting).

Profile picture
    SN
    Topics:

J-Hud is done. Movie released way too soon, didn’t make a great impression and disappointed commercially. MGM even released it on VOD already a mere two weeks after the theatrical debut. They will just focus on Gaga instead.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Totally anecdotally, people like Hudson. I don’t understand the hate for her. She was good in a fairly crappy film, and the reason I think so is because she didn’t try too hard to chew scenery, she was restrained, thoughtful. Was it scintillating? No. Was it even riveting? No. Do I even want her to be the Black actress in the lineup? No, but I do believe at least one Black actress *deserves* to be in the lineup. Would nominating her over a bajillion good Black performances be tokenizing a shamelessly Oscar bait film? Absolutely, but no more than usual! And I thought she was good. Like…just good. That’s it lol.

I’m on the Thompson train now, and even though I’m not super invested in Bruised, I kinda….root for Halle Berry just so I can see some of you sweet hearts be happy <3

The Power of the Dog / Jane Campion / Benedict Cumberbatch / Kristen Stewart / Kirsten Dunst / Troy Kotsur

Profile picture
    crabbie
    Topics:

J-Hud is done. Movie released way too soon, didn’t make a great impression and disappointed commercially. MGM even released it on VOD already a mere two weeks after the theatrical debut. They will just focus on Gaga instead.

Its no wonder MGM dumped this film in August. It seems like Respect is average but also offensive in some ways to Aretha’s legacy. I think people just found Judy to be fine and not particularly offensive. As for the Andra Day parallels, we can all agree the Globes win helped her immensely and also releasing on the very last week of eligibility period.

Michelle (Yeoh, Williams) Oscar campaign manager.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Ok god I exaggerated a little, jeez sorry. I wasn’t even in the argument, I alluded to it with some comic exaggeration, and I didn’t remember which users were doing it bc I didn’t exactly pay much attention. It’s…par for the course in BA, it’s fine. I don’t really hold things against stans as much as I hold things against haters bc I’m a stan too obvs, so…sorry.. 🙂

Profile picture
    blueno_red
    Topics:

I thought JHud’s performance got rave and high reviews from majority of critics. Plus they even praise the cast, costumes, music, and production: art, cinematography, makeup-hair. I wonder what did she do to y’all to make y’all upset? Is it mainly for her musical spotlight in Dreamgirls that won the Oscar over other performances like Blanchett, Kikuchi, Barraza? I’m not defending her but I wonder why the hate?

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

I thought JHud’s performance got rave and high reviews from majority of critics. Plus they even praise the cast, costumes, music, and production: art, cinematography, makeup-hair. I wonder what did she do to y’all to make y’all upset? Is it mainly for her musical spotlight in Dreamgirls that won the Oscar over other performances like Blanchett, Kikuchi, Barraza? I’m not defending her but I wonder why the hate?

Initially they were good reviews but they got progressively worse. Check the reviews from MC. Several critics panned it and found it a disservice to Aretha. I personally thought she was good, I’m just answering your question. It’s not just a case of butthurt people.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Now people favouring Tessa Thompson over J-Hud is a sight to see..

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Now people favouring Tessa Thompson over J-Hud is a sight to see..

HELLZ yeah. I’m not pitting just those 2, I just think Thompson deserves to & may well get in fullstop lol

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.