Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 518 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I am weirdly not as confident about McDormand as everyone else. Yes, I get it, she won a 3rd and is on top of the world and unbeatable, but…c’mon. She’s not unbeatable, she’s not going to win everything. I think Women Talking will be big for her, I’m not sure she’s…a given. She’s in my top 5, but still I just think we’re overestimating her just because she surprised by winning 3 Oscars so close to each other. She won for Nomadland. It was the undeniable film of 2020!

I am increasingly convinced that Macbeth is being held for 2022. Seen a few people saying it’s not going to Venice and I can’t see it as a NY or Telluride WP (Coens usually do Cannes or Venice in more recent years).

If it’s not announced for Venice next week I’m getting firmly on the 2022 train. It’s also still not dated and the schedule is getting insanely full. If it’s coming out this year it’ll already have to be mid-late December.

Profile picture
    LA26
    Topics:

If it’s not announced for Venice next week I’m getting firmly on the 2022 train.

What day will the Venice film festival reveal the line-up of films?

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Monday I think.

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

That’s not strictly true. A huge part of Gary Oldman’s narrative in 2018 was that he was considered overdue for recognition even though he had only one nomination.

Kirsten Dunst is not on the level of a Gary Oldman. And the industry deemed LaKeith “overdue”?

Profile picture
    Miss
    Topics:

Apple, and…I actually think they can handle both. Yes they’re new, but they have a lot of money to throw around so I’m guessing they’ll try their best to do the most for both! It’s not like they’re Bleecker Street.

A24 will be handling the campaigning for The Tragedy of Macbeth. Apple TV+ is only releasing internationally.

Profile picture
    loudtoilet
    Topics:

I’m not sure what to think about the film itself (the trailer was cut weirdly) but Comer looks absolutely phenomenal. She’s coming.

Controversial opinion: Comer looks better in TLD than presumed “frontrunner” Chastain in EOTF.

Bonus: who does everyone think Denis Villeneuve will pick to play Irulan in Dune Pt 2? Comer, Pugh, ATJ, McKenzie, Sersh, Corrin, Dynevor?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kirsten Dunst is not on the level of a Gary Oldman.

I wasn’t arguing she was considered overdue like Oldman was 💀💀💀…

Oscars FYC:
    "THE POWER OF THE DOG" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "SHIVA BABY" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "TOGETHER" – Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "FLEE" – IN ALL CATEGORIES
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m interested to see how many TIFF films are going there this year.

Oscars FYC:
    "SPENCER" – In all categories especially Director (Pablo Larrain) and Actress (Kristen Stewart)
    "LAST NIGHT IN SOHO" – Director (Edgar Wright), S. Actress (Anya Taylor-Joy/Diana Rigg), Cinematography, Costume Design and Production Design

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

I’m interested to see how many TIFF films are going there this year.

Some of the TIFF films have been announced as North American premieres and not world premieres so we can assume they’re also going to Venice. Biggest one is probably Last Night in Soho.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Some of the TIFF films have been announced as North American premieres and not world premieres so we can assume they’re also going to Venice. Biggest one is probably Last Night in Soho.

That actually makes a lot of sense lol.

So the following TIFF films could end up being included in Monday’s Venice lineup announcement (they’re either credited as North American or Canadian premieres):

– The Electrical Life of Louis Wain
    – Last Night in Soho
    – Official Competition

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

That actually makes a lot of sense lol. So the following TIFF films could end up being included in Monday’s Venice lineup announcement (they’re either credited as North American or Canadian premieres): – The Electrical Life of Louis Wain – Last Night in Soho – Official Competition

Louis Wain being credited as a Canadian premiere and not North American means it is almost certainly going to Telluride, which feels like a better fit for it than Venice. Otherwise they would just have said North American for that one too.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Louis Wain being credited as a Canadian premiere and not North American means it is almost certainly going to Telluride, which feels like a better fit for it than Venice. Otherwise they would just have said North American for that one too.

Pls I missed that it was a Canadian premiere and not a North American one. Sorry lol.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

Pls I missed that it was a Canadian premiere and not a North American one. Sorry lol.

Sorry reading it back my comment sounds a bit short! It wasn’t intended to be.

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

Bonus: who does everyone think Denis Villeneuve will pick to play Irulan in Dune Pt 2? Comer, Pugh, ATJ, McKenzie, Sersh, Corrin, Dynevor?

Elle Fanning. Tall, Natural green eyes. Take away comedic part of her performance in The Great and There is your Irulan. @loudtoilet

FYC-Nightmare Alley in All Categories (Best Picture, Guillermo Del Toro for Best Director, Bradley Cooper for Best Actor, Cate Blanchett for Best Actress, Rooney Mara for Best Supporting Actress, Richard Jenkins for Best Supporting Actor)

FYC-Last Night in Soho (Edgar Wright for Best Director, Thomasin McKenzie for Best Actress, Anya Taylor Joy for Best Supporting Actress, Edgar Wright and Krysty Wilson Cairns for Best Original Screenplay)

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Kirsten Dunst is not on the level of a Gary Oldman. And the industry deemed LaKeith “overdue”?

Wow it is so important to you to make it seem like people don’t think much of Dunst that you’re comparing her to someone almost 3 decades older than her lol. You gotta laugh at this stuff.

I wasn’t arguing she was considered overdue like Oldman was 💀💀💀…

…but if I’m required to argue it…

nah, I’m kidding lol. I also don’t like Oldman very much, I hate his British colonial propaganda films, Darkest Hour was nonsense (I’m a sucker for Tinker Tailor though). Gimme someone better (but also a convenient 24 years older than Dunst) & I might indulge in some devil’s-advocacy just for shits and giggles 😂

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.