Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 519 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Music Forever
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Since when did the stans become nasty lol, especially for someone that literally no one talks about but the 5 fans she has on here

Mr. Pink, I’m going to say this once and then ignore your posts because I think it’s obvious to me that the only reason you’re picking this fight is because you think Dunst is a trash actress, and/or you’re surprised people have actually deemed her Oscar-worthy in the past. You’re entitled to whatever opinion, obviously. My problem is that I know I shouldn’t interact with you, but as is obvious, I’m argumentative. Thus the handy Ignore button saving me from my own immaturity (hopefully).

1. You just joined. A simple Google and GD search would reveal she’s talked about on GD all the time, there’s been many, many long-ass threads. Plenty of people think she’s incredibly underrated and contrary to your opinion, has an excellent filmography.
    2. ClareHen was very rude as well. Since you’re new—GD removes forum posts from the total number once they’re old enough. Maybe it is a sock account, I don’t know, but you can check forum activity. Their activity goes back to 2017.
    3. Literally everyone here is a stan. I wish I got paid to stan, but such is life.

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons

Profile picture
    AjayLopez25
    Topics:

my Oscars 2022 predictions

Actress

top 5:

Penélope Cruz (Parallel Mothers)

Jennifer Hudson (Respect)

Lady Gaga (House Of Gucci)

Ana De Armas (Blonde)

Frances McDormand (The Tragedy Of Macbeth)

next in line:

Renate Reinsve (The Worst Person In The World)

Halle Berry (Bruised)

Cate Blanchett (Nightmare Alley)

Kirsten Dunst (The Power Of The Dog)

Martha Plimpton (Mass)

followed by:

Alicia Vikander (Blue Bayou)

Tessa Thompson (Passing)

Ilana Glazer (False Positive)

Emilia Jones (CODA)

Chanté Adams (A Journal For Jordan)

other contenders:

Jessica Chastain (The Eyes Of Tammy Faye)

Thomasin McKenzie (Last Night In Soho)

Rachel Sennott (Shiva Baby)

Jennifer Lawrence (Don’t Look Up)

Emma Stone (Cruella)

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

But I’m a little confused about Tilda Swinton in Memoria. I got the impression she wouldn’t be a contender but the predix centre has her pretty high up. Have the Cannes folks just been really quiet?

Bump. Someone help me out here. Can Swinton happen?

FYC:

Profile picture
    fefface
    Topics:

No.

Profile picture
    Coltrane
    Topics:

I’ve seen Memoria. She’s very good in it, though not as good as in We Need to Talk About Kevin or I Am Love. The film is very interesting, but it left me a little cold. I need to think about it more. But to answer your question: it’s highly doubtful. I don’t know how she’s so high up the predictions. She might get a Spirit Award nomination, but there’s bound to be better breakout indie performances.

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

No.

I’ve seen Memoria. She’s very good in it, though not as good as in We Need to Talk About Kevin or I Am Love. The film is very interesting, but it left me a little cold. I need to think about it more. But to answer your question: it’s highly doubtful. I don’t know how she’s so high up the predictions. She might get a Spirit Award nomination, but there’s bound to be better breakout indie performances.

Okay, haha. I believe you, I just couldn’t figure out if it was quiet people who went to Cannes who were putting her in their predictions

FYC:

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I respect people want to root for their favorites, but when you bring them up in 90 percent of your posts it screams desperation. IMO Kirsten Dunst best role was Fargo and she LOST to Lady Gaga… nuff said

Dunst lost to Gaga at the GG. She still went on to get nominated at the Emmys, where Gaga couldn’t even get in. I just don’t think it makes much sense to use that as a reason to not predict Dunst.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

1. Nicole Kidman, Being the Ricardos
    2. Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    3. Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    4. Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    5. Jodie Comer, The Last Duel

6. Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley
    7. Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    8. Ana de Armas, Blonde
    9. Penelope Cruz, Parallel Mothers
    10. Kristen Stewart, Spencer

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Was it? I can’t find anything. Sadly it’s still without a distributor to the best of my knowledge.

But yes, if it comes through, Colman’s coming like a steam train. That book and that role…not to mention it’s Colman.

There was some talk from few places. Maggie mentioned the film being acquired by a streamer during Cannes.

Profile picture
    mitchellfleming21
    Topics:

LATE JULY PREDICTIONS:

1: Jennifer Hudson – Respect
    2: Jodie Comer – The Last Duel
    3: Kirsten Dunst – The Power of the Dog
    4: Frances McDormand – The Tragedy of Macbeth
    5: Lady Gaga – House of Gucci

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I have to say that I find this confidence in Jessica Chastain perplexing. The film is being dumped in September, Searchlight already have Nightmare Alley and The French Dispatch as bigger awards priorities but also more importantly the premise of the film doesn’t really sound like something the Oscars would touch. Sure she has a makeup transformation in the film but she isn’t playing some well known person that many people care about or have heard about. And when you have so many biopic performances with De Armas, Hudson, Kidman and Stewart playing Marily Monroe, Aretha Franklin, Lucille Ball and Princess Diana, I can easily see her getting lost in this race.

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Jessica Chastain could easily get in for Tammy Faye. Academy voters love transformational roles, she’s a previous 2x nominee, & the character IS well known. Especially to older / queer audiences. That doesn’t sound perplexing at all.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Academy voters love transformational roles,

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Music Forever
    Topics:

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 519 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.