Home Forums Movies Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress

Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 518 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
kaziz
Diamond Tier
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I thought she was going lead.. my bad darlings.

We don’t know if she’s Lead or Supporting yet. She could go either way.

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Robbie could too…

She could but I doubt she will. She’s gonna easily get in by name alone, while in Supporting she could face internal competition from Taylor-Joy and Saldana. Actually, that argument could be applied to Blanchett as well (Mara and Collette), but her role is seemingly more borderline.

Impossachievable

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Robbie is going to get so much hate for Canterbury Glass. She does projects like Bombshell and Promising Young Woman and then chooses to work with DOR. Hollywood hypocrisy at its finest. I want her to win but please not for CG, hopefully Babylon is really good.

For now, we don’t know how much DOR is gonna affect the movie. It could easily be another Bohemian Rhapsody or it could easily be another The Disaster Artist (which still got a writing nod, better than nothing), which is why I’m still predicting it to get in acting, the branch just adores the guy’s movies.

Impossachievable

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Well Dunst could go either way. Similar to Blanchett, McDormand and Robbie

Yes, of course, we have no idea what’s going to happen. But there is a much, much, much stronger chance Dunst is going Lead instead of Supporting. Why?
    1. In the book, Rose is already the closest thing there is to a co-lead, given that she’s the only other POV character.
    2. Campion is beefing up Rose, as evidenced by casting of cameo characters who only interact with Rose in the book, like Lola with name actors (Thomasin McKenzie), some insider info, and when the story starts (it starts with Rose’s arrival on the ranch unlike the book which separates her initially).
    3. The whole story and tension is Phil vs. Rose.
    4. If a contender like The Power of the Dog hits, why would Dunst be stuffed in with Frances Conroy and Thomasin McKenzie? The incentive to go Supporting seems poor.

Personally, I think McDormand will also be going Lead, simply because of the role. Dunno about Blanchett, really hard to say but I’m guessing because there are other Supporting Actress contenders in Nightmare Alley, I’d say…maybe Lead? Could Mara be lead instead? I don’t know the source material. Don’t particularly care about Robbie. I think Jodie Comer is almost definitely going to go Supporting though, because…I think the buzz is strong enough for her to actually win? Supporting is Comer vs. Negga vs. Dowd for me right now.

BTW: Did I miss some confirmation that Being the Ricardos is coming out this year? It seems odd that it’s back in everyone’s predix, I must’ve missed something. It’s not in the festival circuit though is it?

Frontrunners, either because they’re strong BP contenders or they’re Jennifer Hudson:
    – Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth
    – Kirsten Dunst, The Power of the Dog
    – Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    – Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley

Iffy because I’m unsure if/how strongly the films will play for awards:
    – Ana de Armas, Blonde
    – Marion Cotillard, Annette
    – Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    – Caitriona Balfe, Belfast
    – Tessa Thompson, Passing
    – Halle Berry, Bruised

Would need a lot of buzz/critics support, could be huge or could be great but still not make an impact at all:
    – Olivia Colman, The Lost Daughter
    – Kristen Stewart, Spencer
    – Thomasin McKenzie, Last Night in SoHo
    – Emilia Jones, Coda
    – Martha Plimpton, Mass
    – Caitriona Balfe, Belfast
    – Tilda Swinton, Memoria
    – Beanie Feldstein, The Humans
    – Tang Wei, Decision to Leave

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

Why did it say that that post was mine when it was from the guy above????????

Impossachievable

Profile picture
    kaziz
    Topics:

Why did it say that that post was mine when it was from the guy above????????

omg you’re right. That’s so weird. Promise it wasn’t on purpose

FYC:
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Passing, The Lost Daughter
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actress: Kirsten Dunst, Ruth Negga, Dakota Johnson, Jessie Buckley
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jesse Plemons, Andre Holland, Troy Kotsur, Richard Jenkins, Reed Birney

Profile picture
    Diamond Tier
    Topics:

SUPER EARLY PREDICTIONS

Best Actress
    Cate Blanchett, Nightmare Alley
    Jessica Chastain, The Eyes of Tammy Faye
    Lady Gaga, House of Gucci
    Jennifer Hudson, Respect
    Frances McDormand, The Tragedy of Macbeth

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

I think people are seriously underestimating Kristen Stewart here.

She has already proved herself to be very talented, has often been supported by critics, and has gained international success among others. Twilight is a thing of the past. Stewart has worked with directors like David Fincher, Woody Allen, Olivier Assayas or Ang Lee and her colleagues (Jodie Foster, Julianne Moore, Laura Dern, Juliette Binoche etc.) have always praised her work & off-screen persona.

It’s rare to get an Oscar nomination with indie films, but this time she has the perfect project to compete for that nomination. Diana’s name alone already excites everyone about the film, so people will surely watch the film. The director has helped Natalie Portman to an Oscar nomination before, the screenwriter is an Oscar nominee himself, with names like Sally Hawkins or Timothy Spall starring alongside Stewart in the cast.

If the film gets good reviews, I don’t think even her victory should be ruled out. Hollywood loves its starlets, and while Stewart hasn’t been as lucky so far as Larson, Lawrence, or Stone to be cast in major Oscar players, I think that this might be her big chance.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

I think people are seriously underestimating Kristen Stewart here. She has already proved herself to be very talented, has often been supported by critics, and has gained international success among others. Twilight is a thing of the past. Stewart has worked with directors like David Fincher, Woody Allen, Olivier Assayas or Ang Lee and her colleagues (Jodie Foster, Julianne Moore, Laura Dern, Juliette Binoche etc.) have always praised her work & off-screen persona. It’s rare to get an Oscar nomination with indie films, but this time she has the perfect project to compete for that nomination. Diana’s name alone already excites everyone about the film, so people will surely watch the film. The director has helped Natalie Portman to an Oscar nomination before, the screenwriter is an Oscar nominee himself, with names like Sally Hawkins or Timothy Spall starring alongside Stewart in the cast. If the film gets good reviews, I don’t think even her victory should be ruled out. Hollywood loves its starlets, and while Stewart hasn’t been as lucky so far as Larson, Lawrence, or Stone to be cast in major Oscar players, I think that this might be her big chance.

you seems to forgot razzie nominated Naomi Watts in Diana.

If you need anything ask Caroleanne

Profile picture
    Linn Ng
    Topics:

not much mention for Seyfried but i think she might surprise us. Mouthful of Air sounds baity though and i hope the movie and Seyfried will be good!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think people are seriously underestimating Kristen Stewart here.

She has already proved herself to be very talented, has often been supported by critics, and has gained international success among others. Twilight is a thing of the past. Stewart has worked with directors like David Fincher, Woody Allen, Olivier Assayas or Ang Lee and her colleagues (Jodie Foster, Julianne Moore, Laura Dern, Juliette Binoche etc.) have always praised her work & off-screen persona.

It’s rare to get an Oscar nomination with indie films, but this time she has the perfect project to compete for that nomination. Diana’s name alone already excites everyone about the film, so people will surely watch the film. The director has helped Natalie Portman to an Oscar nomination before, the screenwriter is an Oscar nominee himself, with names like Sally Hawkins or Timothy Spall starring alongside Stewart in the cast.

If the film gets good reviews, I don’t think even her victory should be ruled out. Hollywood loves its starlets, and while Stewart hasn’t been as lucky so far as Larson, Lawrence, or Stone to be cast in major Oscar players, I think that this might be her big chance.

It’s not a traditional biopic, that’s the problem.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We are also kinda due for another young star to win,

That’s exactly what people said last season…

FYC:
    Picture: Passing, The Power of the Dog, Shiva Baby, Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion, Rebecca Hall, Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Andrew Garfield, Winston Duke/James McAvoy
    Actress: Olivia Colman, Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant, Troy Kotsur, Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby

Profile picture
    Barbra Please
    Topics:

That’s exactly what people said last season…

When she accepts her 4th Oscar for acting.

Frances be like “hi Kate… “

If you need anything ask Caroleanne

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 518 total)

The topic ‘Oscars 2022 Predictions: Best Actress’ is closed to new replies.